Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skiing is the easiest way to pass.

To Vicky from Michigan,
    Great photo, If you went skiing drab, how would you pass.
    An update here, I have seen all the snow in the Rockies and It looks like I may go somewhere east of Seattle now.
    You can see the stuff but it is not that easy to get there.
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions, it has been great

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    That sounds like a lot of fun! I wouldn't bother with Aspen though - it is seriously overrated. I haven't gone earlier than XMas though, so I cannot comment on how the snow is. Vail is my favorite skiing, but Keystone is a good compromise with price, distance from civilization, and quality of skiing. I haven't tried ABasin, but I've done Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Winter Park, and Steamboat Springs as well. Steamboat is my second favorite ski area, but again, I've only done later in the season skiing there. It is also wayyyy out in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by Katrina; 11-27-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

The resorts in Idaho are now open. I've never skied there but i've been told they are great.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

We have a couple of great ski areas here in the flathead valley Mt and they have been getting lots of snow.
    Big mtn and blacktail.

I love to go skiing en femme. Women's ski outfits are Tres chic! The clothes can be a bit pricey, but try the Sierra Trading Post page. The after ski cocktail hour can be pretty cool, also. Been hit upon several times by decent looking guys but after 5-6 hours on the slopes and a couple of drinks I'm in bed alone and asleep by ten p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    So sorry to pour warm rain on the snowpack, but the Tahoe-region resorts are definitely not open yet. Boreal has been running one of its dinky lifts on machine-made snow for a couple of weeks
    I learned to ski in my teens in the Tahoe area, mostly at Sky Tavern. The rule was, "If Boreal ain't open, ain't nobody open!" An unfortunate reliance on cable bindings ended my skiing days long ago.

In general, some folks think the overall picture looks pretty good:

http://espn.go.com/action/snowboardi...esort-openings

So far, the general report at the Tahoe resorts is 18 inches of slippery grass on a 3 inch rolling rock base.
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-27-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Grammar.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

vail is open!! got a few days under my belt! it is thin but the conditions are actually really good. hopefully it will b as good as last year
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

wow, now skiing as a woman that sounds like fun,speciall if you look like Vicky, but i would not pass so good, but it sure sound like a great time, i only be worried about the restrooms at the resort, since there is alot of young families skiings, anyway have a great time,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by stacycoral View Post
    wow, now skiing as a woman that sounds like fun,speciall if you look like Vicky, but i would not pass so good, but it sure sound like a great time, i only be worried about the restrooms at the resort, since there is alot of young families skiings, anyway have a great time,
    But were men, if we got to go we can ski into the bushes! Not environmentaly friendly though.

if u ski with a helmet, and goggles....no one would ever know! I use the woman's restroom all the time, never had an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cder View Post
    if u ski with a helmet, and goggles....no one would ever know! I use the woman's restroom all the time, never had an issue
    I've never thought of this. Hmmm If I was read timid on the hill, I could put on the bella clava and go in to the washroom.

Being someone who lives and skiis in Utah I'm surprised that the greatest snow on earth has not been mentioned. In Park City we have 3 world class resorts. I have skied enfemme at Sundance and I loved it. Some girls I met at DVL last year are talking about coming out this year to join me.
    Hugs,
    Cami Desiree

If you are a Western PA area gal and want to do this let me know!

going thru PA to Washington next Thurs I think.

Would love to ski in Utah! Hear the snow falls...a lotttt. But as for the greatest on earth!?? Yea sorry vail is where the greatest snow really is lol
    Last edited by Danielle_cder; 11-30-2011 at 08:58 PM.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Love the outfits, but I would have to be the one seated in the lounge and bar all day (not really that bad of an idea) and night. Cant ski, but might be worth it just to walk around in femme.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

The Greatest Snow on earth!

....and I am a Colorado gal. Me at Park City, Deer Valley was fun also!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    CD ski terms:

Cornsnow Dancer

Couloir Descender

Cornice Dropper

Carving Debutante

Colorado Dreamer

Still waiting for snow in California. Sigh.

I have resurrected this thread as I have taken considerable trouble to get to Narvik where the skiing is great.....
    Just a heads up here, Narvik is above the Arctic Circle, and it is only 27degF -4C, not cold at at all.
    Not THIS year though, the ski fields haven't opened and there is not much snow on the ground. In 2000 23 Dec. it was up to your waist in the city.
    Today a frozen wasteland. New years eve tomorrow and I have been invited out.
    I am led to believe Interlaken is not much better.
    Does anyone know what other European ski fields are like?
    Sometimes you can't believe the Internet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's wild, wonder if the guys on my Super Bowl trip would notice. We've been going for 22 years now

Quote Originally Posted by Cami desiree View Post
    Being someone who lives and skiis in Utah I'm surprised that the greatest snow on earth has not been mentioned. In Park City we have 3 world class resorts. I have skied enfemme at Sundance and I loved it. Some girls I met at DVL last year are talking about coming out this year to join me.
    Cami and I were probably neighbors at one point and didn't know it. Utah is great, but there is not a lot of snow right now. They opened early but it looks a little brown right now. Austria and Switzerland are digging themselve out right now. I got back to Europe yesterday and spent several hours yesterday snow shoveling and will probably go skiing tomorrow.

Skiing enfemme will probably mean very close contact with every other skier on the lifts so be ready for that if you go. A gondola ride up with 40 complete strangers can be intimidating to some but quite honestly most people ignore each other on the lifts.

I've never tried snowboarding en femme but a female friend of mine in Utah has been telling me I should fly out and I can just borrow her gear so I might at some point.

I've never thought of skiing in fem and I can't believe that it hasn't entered my mind! Maybe because other than color, there isn't that much difference between male and female outfits. I will admit that I always underdress when skiing more for warmth than anything else. I ski in opaque tights and couldn't see wearing boxers so I wear cotton panties with them. I tried satin panties once and that didn't work so well because my tights kept slipping. THAT's a problem skiing!

Well at the moment most places in france switzerland and Austria are plush with snow conditions are great. However I would suggest skipping interlaken as the skiing is pretty boring there. If you have your heart set on switzerland I would suggest, Zermatt, Saas Fe, or Verbier. All great places to ski and have a fun night out on the town. As I have been here in Switzerland for over 20 years I consider myself something of an expert

Susan.
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

The nearest place to go skiing here is about 2 hours away. Its been fairly warm here as well so I dont know if they are even open. However I would like to try it sometime.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987