Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret admirer

Secret admirer

At my regular biweekly nail appointment this afternoon, my nail tech told me I have a "secret admirer" -- another one of her (female) clients, who has seen me in the salon, wants to meet for a blind date. This mystery lady is serious enough about it that, knowing today was my regular time for an appointment, she called our nail tech earlier in the day to make sure she would mention it to me.

Since I only go fully dressed to the salon, but do not hide that I am male, she obvously has at least no superficial problems with my presentation. Whether she wants a long-term relationship with a guy in heels is an unknown, of course.

I've been racking my brain to imagine which of the dozens of women I have seen at the salon may be the one, but I really have no idea, and I don't know any of them well -- a few by name, but mostly just a face I see as we are crossing paths to and from our appointments. I asked for some clues, but the two sisters who own the salon were tight lipped -- I don't know if she's old or young or rich or poor or of what race or anything (the salon caters to a mainly African-American clientele) -- I was only told she is "not ugly or anything."

What I find most interesting about this is my own reaction to it -- I feel excited by the prospect and as if a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders about the way I present myself. I, of course, said as casually as possible that yes, I would be interested in meeting and finding out who it is.

We're both invited to the salon's Thanksgiving party on Thursday, so maybe I'll find out then. I'm really looking forward to it (although I have been around enough to have a realistic notion of how often blind dates actually work out). Just to have the acknowledgment that somebody finds me interesting when dressed is a big boost, though!

- Diane
    Last edited by Diane Smith; 11-20-2011 at 03:25 AM.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Good luck for Thursday, let us know how it goes.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I hope it gos well for you on Thursday and as you say it is a big boost to you knowing that someone finds you interesting even when dressed .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Diane,

I would encourage you to be really open minded and really focus on the GOOD parts of this woman when you meet her. She is probably a feminine woman, since she saw you and got interested in you while seeing you dressed and in a beauty salon. So at least she isn't a hard-core tom-boy. She was interested enough in you to ask others at the salon to tell you about her interest. And there was enough interest that she knew when your regularly scheduled appointment was.

Consider the possibility that a woman who might be a bit heavier, larger, or not as beautiful as some young "fashion model" type but considers you seriously attractive, is a rare treasure that you can cherish. Let her know how much you appreciate her interest and her desire to meet you. Act like she is the most important woman in the room, because, for now, at least at that party, she is. She is the one who went out of her way and put her own reputation at risk - to meet you.

I suspect that if you can be totally open to who she is, and let her know how much you appreciate her interest, that you could have a wonderful time together.

In other words, all the standard rules of dating apply! Have a fab relaxed enjoyable time, Diane as I'm sure you will!
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    I wish you the best, you will know in your own heart how to go forward.
    Love Kimberly

HI DIANE good luck girl! hope to see you in the chicago area again soon! KELLYANN

Diane, great trip to the nail parlor, who knew getting your nails done could wined up in a date to a Thanksgiving party, and meet a women that you know is interested! Good that you are not building it up beyond reasonable expectations for a blind date, just stay open to the possibilities! Oh, and have fun, then report back and tell us all!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Junior Member Princess_of_Hckloins's Avatar
    Best of luck this Thursday
    [SIZE="3"]Haley[/SIZE]

Oh Diane you lucky girl! Maybe it's one of the owners of the salon? What a wonderful problem to have. Do not miss that party girl!!!!!!!!! Irregardless of the longterm outcome, you will get to meet someone accepting of who you are completely, as a person. That makes it all worthwhile in itself. Go meet her and best wishes.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-20-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Aspiring Member
    It's a blind date for God's sake! Don't read anything more into it than that. Treat it as going out shopping or having lunch with an acquaintance, only this time you don't know who it is beforehand. Have fun, as you have said she already knows that you are male and like to dress. There are so many things that could be going on: relative is a crossdresser, someone at work maybe, neighbor and she wants to ask your opinion or has questions or just maybe she wants to get to know you better. Whatever the reason, take the opportunity to go out and be accepted for who you are. If anything more develops, then great!

I can't wait to read what happens after your date!!

Diane

I feel like a little girl who can't wait for Christmas to come. Is it Thanksgiving yet? I can't wait to hear about the Thanksgiving lunch at the nail salon and your meeting with your secret admirer. This is so exiting!

Hugs
    Jill

Diane, this could be fun. But afterwards, the best bars are closed on turkey Day. Be sure to chill some wine and have some pumpkin pie and ice cream at your house. You are going en femme, right?

That is so cool Diane! The biggest hurdle is already cleared because she knows you CD. I hope this works out for you, and good luck.

Diane -- Just go and have a great time. Enjoy her company, the company of the others, and the food. I am assuming that you'll be dressed since that is the way you present at the salon?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I am really excited for you, this is really awesome. I can't wait to find out everything once you know. You better update us regularly!

This is why I love going to nail salons...

No salon invited me to a Thanksgiving party though haha

AHHHHH first dates are so exciting!! REPORT BACK SOON!
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Diana be yourself and have fun! I am so excited for you!

Hugs
    Trisha

wow - congrats Diane.. hope things turn absolutely awesome for the both of you..

hey Diane,

It is always nice to have your ego boosted. Good luck and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

My lovely wife was a blind date, and here we are 45 years down the road. Unfortunately she hates my CD side with a passion but the rest of our relationship is wonderful. I suppose that if I'd known more about the subject and been dressed at the time, she wouldn't have been interested. I'll never know!

Tony

"-- I was only told she is "not ugly or anything." "

Okay lady if you don't go to this party i'm going to go and tell the lady you couldn't be bothered.

Really hon, go and have a good time. Since she is "Not ugly or anything" it's reasonable to assume (yeah i know) she is attractive enough to keep your mind on her not on who or what she may be.

Dang but i'd like to be there to take your place or better yet to report on the meeting. YOU HAVE TO TELL US ALL ABOUT IT! Yelling intended. And i do mean everything.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Diane, you are a lucky girl!

Go to the party, find out who the mystery date is, and be prepared to enjoy some pleasant conversation!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

OK, I will admit my vanity I live for admirers, whether secret or not. I dress for their attention because I need to be accepted as a girl and nothing else will do. So go and enjoy this time, you deserve it.
    Best, Christine

Gold Member
    Life always needs a little spice mixed in. I hope you enjoy yourself!