Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your SO allow you to dress in front of them, or prefer it hidden?

My wife only tolerates my dressing so I dress when she is away from home.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Talking The journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step, and I have made that step!!!

[QUOTE=Marleena;2663196] Does your SO allow you to dress in front of them, or prefer it hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    In my case she accepts and has not said I don't want to see it but I do not dress in front of her. She has never said go get dressed up for me. .
    #1 Ditto #2 No problem with dressing in front of her anytime. #3 I don't ever expect her to ask me. Period.

So I only dress up in front of her on Halloween, she is comfortable with that day. When she is around I will undress, she knows I have shaved legs, painted toes, and have panties on. .
    #1 Now comes the hard part for me. My SO has not come around to the point where I can do makeup (working on it, as we speak - we bought a full line of makeup just last week, but I have backed off pushing too hard on that one for a little while ), bras (wear cami's 24/7), but no high heels over 2" and although I can go out wearing any style of feminine shoes, blouses and slacks, etc., however, dresses/skirts aren't even anywhere near being in the picture yet (don't have any idea when all that will change? #3 All the above including painted acrylic nails, but my panties are Marilyn Monroe briefs. Nothing has been mentioned about breasts here? But I am up to a B-cup, w/o her knowing it is developing right under her nose? She has mentioned it, though...

I guess it's about not making her feel uncomfortable. I do tell her in advance when I'm going to play with makeup, that's kinda tough to hide, but still having facial hair might help there. I think getting the green light from our SO's is awesome and I don't want to push my luck.
    #1 I don't play with makeup, she is going to have to do it for me. The hair part is long gone all over for me, so, "no sweat" (besides I smell 100X better now, too. #2 Amen to that in spades, we with loving supporting SO's are so very, very lucky to have them at our side, and I, for one, don't want to soil the nest with any feces, for darn sure.

So, I guess you could say, "After 18+ months I'm still betwixt nd between! Stlll a long way to go, but the journey of a 1000 miles begins with the first step, and I have made that step!!!"

Good luck to you all and Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Most of the time with the cooler weather I am in drab. However, in the summertime I wore denim skirts instead of shorts. And on lazy Sunday afternoons I wear a dress while my wife wears a nightgown.

And I always wear a nightgown to bed.

I never keep my crossdressing a secret from my wife.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

My wife is very supportive and will also asked me to dress now and then. She thinks it's sexy.
    Raychel

"Does your SO allow you to dress in front of them, or prefer it hidden?"

It depends on what we are doing but normally I'd say he wants me dressed like say if we are leaving the house.
    Now if we are just in the bed room dressing is optional!

My wife knows of my dressing and says that she doesn't want me to have to hide it. However, she is still not comfortable with the idea of me dressing or seeing me dressed

What she said!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Think mine would prefer all my fem clothing would catch on fire... With me in them! Lol.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. She is supportive but usually does not like to see it.
    I wonder why you SO is like that?? So puzzling.
    L&R....................Tara

My wife has known about my inclinations for years and had indulged me but just with lingerie in bed. I recently told her I wanted to dress completely (I plan to share our experience in another post). She was cautiously accepting and supportive. Several weeks after telling her about my needs, we went shopping together and she helped me pick out a complete outfit including heels. So I went ahead and dressed for her. I was nervous about it but she was fine.

She is not ready to see me in make-up or help with my make-up (and i really need the help!) She is ok with me purchasing a wig. So I am trying very carefully to take it slowly, one step at a time; respecting her comfort zone and boundaries. And making sure the rest of the time I am also being the man she wants and needs me to be.

I just mentioned to my SO that I would be cooking with a dress on tomorrow. She said: "I don't want to see it!". So now I know the boundary for sure.

Since I came out to her she doesn't care when I dress up. She loans me some of her things and I loan her some of mine and we talk about some of the things that are going with my dressing. She has to be reassured that I don't want to transition and that I am not gay and going to start wanting to go out with men. Both of these issues are addressed continually and I really don't mind because the result is I get to dress when ever I want to. I think that's a fair trade. She is so understanding and loving that I almost cry every time I think about it. Ok I have to stop now before I really start crying. xxxooo to all.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

My future wife helps me dress and has now started to do my makeup. She just recently bought me a dress and is getting warm to the idea of us going out together shopping or dining. It is so much fun to have her help and add her suggestions on what to wear, how to walk like a lady, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Think mine would prefer all my fem clothing would catch on fire... With me in them! Lol.
    Likewise!! My SO would prefer CDing didn't exist!

I am dressed up in frount of my SO every once in a while. Since I only dress as a maid, I think she likes it. She is also OK with my cd friend dropping by too!! I am really pretty lucky, even so, I only dress up on the weekends, when no one will be showing up. The funny thing is that I still feel little strange being dressed up around her.

Accepting wife

My wife is one who has accepted my dressing since I came out to her. Once we had talked things over she asked me to get dressed in the few clothes I had at the time. Once she saw the types of clothing I thought I looked good in, she suggested that I should maybe remember that I was no teenager and possible look at changing a few things in my small wardrobe ( Big plastic bag )
    Since then she has come to be my advisor on clothing when I am out looking for something new, as well as trying on what ever I have chosen, just to check the size that would suit me.
    In the make-up field, she also seldom wears any but I have a beautician friend who helps me in that area.
    I'm retired now and spend much of my time at home so I dress when ever I feel like it. I usuall dress in front of her now and then but only if I am fully made up, which is my decision and she is o.k. with my choice
    She has told me that she could not deal with me being dressed all the time around her. I believe if she let me, then it would be an admission of the loss of her spouse, and I fully understand where she is coming from.
    I have no complains and realise I am one of the few who are in a fortunate situation, so I bless every day Joanne is around.

LOL Joanne
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    My wife was the guiding light in my C/D for the most part. She still ask me from time to time why I haven't been dressing. And she wants to go out with me most times. So I'm for the most part sure she is accepting and supportive. Only thing is when I come home with lots of packages from a shopping day and didn't buy her anything.. Got to remember her while out shopping,, bonus points..

Tanya

Mine is somewhat supportive of my dressing but does not want to see me that way, not even on Halloween. My clothes are hanging in the closet but she asked me to move them to the other side where they were a little more out of sight. She will wash my some of my clothing if it is in the laundry. If she is away from home for a couple of hours she will call before coming home to be sure I am not dressed when she gets home. I can only hope that someday .......

AnitaH

Quote Originally Posted by evadan View Post
    So I am trying very carefully to take it slowly, one step at a time; respecting her comfort zone and boundaries. And making sure the rest of the time I am also being the man she wants and needs me to be.
    Perfect! This is the only approach in my mind!
    My wife is okay with me dressed en femme in front of her, but has never asked me to "go get dressed". When I do dress in front of her I might get a little advice now and then about how a piece of clothing or something should look. The first time I came out with "boobs" I got a "REALLY!" I wanted to hide but kept my head up and my boobs on. After a short while I was told how they should be positioned and she adjusted my straps to achieve a better look. They know so much about this stuff. I will say that I have had one night where I was undressed by my wife, and that one will go in the record book. I am a very lucky lady!

Often I'll still be dressed when my wife comes home from work (I work from home most of the time).

It usually means I've done the housework, made her a coffee and tend to her every need

The only thing I will say is that as Sally, she doesn't see me in a sexual way. I'm more of a female 'friend'. I'm very comfortable wearing my female clothes around her, because I'm OK with my female look.

However I don't tend to get dressed in front of her, as I am conscientious of my cumbersome manner at putting my female attire on!

My wife made it clear when she first found out about Raychel, that she had no desire at all to ever see me dressed up. And other the on one occasion on Haloween, (her idea) and some pics, this has been the way it has been. Although she does see me at bed tiem in my nightgowns.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I don't make a habit of it, only when we went shopping and I want to show her the outfit or if I ask her opinion on something I'm going to wear out. Don't know if she'll ever be really comfortable with it

My SO not only allows it, she's disappointed if she gets up in the morning and I'm just sitting here in drab. She loves seeing Krystal.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

When I had an SO, I really never knew where I stood in my dressing terms. She claimed that she accepted it, and supposedly would allow me to dress in front of her. The rules that we laid down about my dressing would change in a moment, depending on how she felt. My feelings were never considered by her. She'd lash out at me wearing something, make me change, and then feel bad about it. Its hard to play the game, when the person who runs the game, changes the rules without telling you.
    Be thankful that you have a partner that that accepts you at a certain level. And doesn't change that level, depending on her mood.

Mine tolerates my dressing and we have been out together with me fully dressed. In the last few years she has become more accepting to it and even has bought me a few outfits and my own makeup. Like Sally S's wife, she does not see me in a sexual way. She says she looks upon me as the older sister she never had. I am grateful for the way she has adapted to it and try not to push her limits.

Mine allows it, encourages it, and wants to participate. She's not keen on the idea that I might go out in future and wants me to keep my soft furry arms, legs, chest, back and my fairly kinky beard. And opportunties are limited to when the kids are out.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x