Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Step Into the Future

5 years from now, life would be on an ideal track for me if......

• I ended up in a relationship free of gender expectations and stereotyping; from what I've heard from the accepting GG's here, a well-rounded, practical CD who knows and accepts themselves may complement my style better than any other type of man. But so far that's just a hunch!

• My career projections so far end up coming to fruition. I could then plan for the future and enjoy and independent, comfortable lifestyle that wasn't focused on material things. This would enable me to follow some of the other roads I see on the horizon....

• ...like traveling, learning a new language, and being able to build a home recording studio to pursue my artistic passions. I'm always game to learn new things and take up new hobbies. Learning makes life worth living to me.

• I also expect to continue growing more enlightened with every year, and using those experiences to enrich myself and my loved ones.

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar
    This is a question I would think could be answered by every member -- GM, GG, CD, TG, TS, or whatever you may classify yourself as.

I'm going through what seems to be one of those gender-identity-disorder-crissis thingy's.

My crossdressing and tging has escalated alot in the past two years, where now half my wardrobe hanging in the closet is fem.

I am involved with a my wife, but one of the reasons, I think, that I am crossdressing more. is the 'friction' in our relationship at the current time. I won't deny, that the 'big 'D' hasn't crossed my mind. She doesn't like Francine, at all.

Yes. If I thought I could get away with it..to live..and work as a woman, I would start, tomorrow. but I have this fear, that doing so, would have devastiting effects on my personal and professional life.

With the situations, at the current time, I will probably bow to the pressures and remain as I am, but I don't think I will be happy. I want to be woman, to live the rest of my life as a woman, maybe..even ts.

But sometimes... life throws us some curves, doesn't it?
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Smile future?

I hope to be able retire,to spend much more time in fem mode.oh yea and to lose weight lol.

My goal is to find inner peace. I haven't ever known that. It is what drives me as of the last several years. So I hope that I can achieve that in the next five years. I would also like to fix my marraige and have the kind of love that I have always dreamt about. I what to be her best friend, and she will be mine. A life free of guilt, shame, and secrets. I would love to find the perfect balance in my life of Him and Her. Dressing whenever I want would be nice, don't know how practical that is though. Still have a long time to go till retirement. I should hope that the world is a more accepting place as well. Change takes time though, I think one day we will be accepted by the general population, but that will be decades from now. There are still people opposed to deseggregation and womens' rights after all these years. I hope to be a better person and more accepting of others who are different for me as well. I have noticed huge changes in myself already since I have begun down the path towards self acceptance. I should also hope to have the courage to stand up for myself and others who are chastized and humiliated by those who are so close minded and un accepting of anyone who is different. I also hope to have fully integrated my thoughts of If you don't like me, that's your problem.

Oh yah, and lots more Femme clothing, and the ability to look like I have always desired - beautiful.

Great question!
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

I asked this question because of the current state I find myself in. Unlike those of you who have replied to this thread already, I really don't have a clue what I'll be doing five years from now. It is this doubt, and my constant reflection on this matter, that caused me to inquire of you all what I couldn't answer myself.

A few months ago, I thought I had everything mapped out. In my quest for eventual transitioning I had figured out how much money I would need for FFS, hormone therapy, and electrolysis, and I thought I had the means to proceed, as long as I was willing to sell my house and move into a smaller one.

I had already been cleared to begin HT, but was just holding off long enough to inform my family and loved ones, who, truthfully, were just coming to terms with me being a crossdresser (I had told them that I'm transgendered, but didn't get into all the details into what all that entailed for me). Telling them that I wanted to physically change myself was another matter that I had never confided that I wanted to undertake. Indeed, it is a decision that I had only arrived at since I originally told them about myself.

But in the past couple months, I have run into serious financial difficulties, mostly due to a dropoff of work, but also due to non-payment by several clients who I have done work for in the past. A somewhat severe injury I suffered a few weeks ago also contributed to my predictament since, being self-insured and healthy, I had let my medical insurance lapse.

But the biggest hurdle has been an almost total lack of emotional support from my family. I suppose it wasn't that difficult for them to accept me when all they thought I was doing was dressing up when they weren't around, but the few I have told, so far, that I want to take this further and undergo surgery and hormone treatment have not reacted well at all, and even behave as if I'm some sort of freak. Dad and brother in a dress is okay, but it is not okay for me to have breasts or a feminized face.

So, this is where I find myself -- sort of in a state of Limbo. I will almost definitely need to go out and get a regular salaried job, which means that I need to be male again. Sharon is not someone I see being hired by an established company.

My family may or may not come to accept who I want to be, but it seems moot to even go on informing the rest of them until I sort out my finances.

Thus, the question. It is because I don't have the answers.

Sorry for the downer of a post, but, sometimes, it's simply too difficult to always be positive.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Sharon, I have no idea where I will be in 5 days, let alone 5 years. But, nm that I wanted to tell you reading your post was a real eye opener for me. We have known each other for what seems to be an age, but now I feel I have just got to know you more. Having always thought you were a CD, I was shocked to read about the plans you had. So in actual fact (correct me if I'm wrong) you are a TS. I hope in time, you will be able to fulfill your dreams and those a$$holes pay up

Sharon, you are an inspiration to us all here, yes including me. I luv ya to bits
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

:undecided im happy the way things are.now im single, but if i ever meet the right one, i would hope that in the begining she would accept it. im generally a closet cd n would be cool with keeping things the way things are now. casual

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I plan to become the social equivelent of a "*******". One who lives fulltime as female, but is biologically male, and in this case, has breasts as well. So basically I see myself as a transgenderist with real breasts.

I don't see myself living in the same place as the weather, job market, native people, general environment really sucks here, and not just for transgendered individuals. Maine is also the only state in New England that lacks a solid state-wide nondiscrimination policy, which looks like it might be further beaten down by the Christian Civic league.

Eventually I think I'll be in Canada as medications and transition is covered by insurance up there, and, ideally, utilizing my engineering degree in a high-paying tech job.

Charlie

As far as me goes I hope to have transitioned. I am currently trying to find a
    therapist and have started to look into begining facial hair removal. I have been growing my hair long now for about a little over a year. Even without all this just growing my hair out I have been called maam several times which I get a kick out of.

Sharon,

I am so sorry to hear all that honey, also very surprised. You always seem so upbeat and controlled about everything, I always perceived you as a very settled and happy person.

I don't have any great words of wisdom, I mean, I don't really know how you are feeling at the moment or much about your situation, but I will say that you have to have hope and push for what you want. Don't give up entirely. A lot of things can change in a short period of time. You are a very smart compassionate person, and I'm sure that you can tackle your problems, one at a time if necessary, until you can get your life on the track that you want it to be on.

None of us really know what is going to happen in the next 5 years, we don't know what will happen in the next 5 minutes with any certainty, but we all have to keep hopeful and aiming for a goal, otherwise we can so easily lose our way and get swamped in the everyday stuff of life and get distracted.

Stay on target sweetie,

Love

Mona xx

Sharon ~
    I'm so very sorry to hear of all you have been going through lately. You seen like such a genuine, honest, upbeat and intelligent lady. Please don't let it drag you down, sometimes it seems darkest before dawn. I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you.

Big Hugs ~ Kim

Excellent thread ~ Kim in 5 years .... where I'd like to be and where I'll be are 2 different animals.
    Ideally, I would like to be transitioned to 24/7 as a female. To be far enough down the path to easily blend in. Surgery, HRT or whatever I could afford.
    Now reality, being a realist, I know that being in my advanced age, that my hopes of transitioning have passed me by. If I were 20 years, or maybe 10 years younger, I would in a heartbeat. I spent my entire lifetime living it for someone else. No one to blame but myself. I do have an ex-wife and two ex-girlfriends though. LOL
    I'll just continue bringing out more and more of my feminine side, in all aspects, as much as I can, as I go along. Then who knows where that will lead ?

I feel as though I would like to transition especially within the 5 years but it is not a reality with a family. I've read that the transitioners really give up a lot in regards to the family. Kids and family are number one with me, if they would not be affected I'd switch tomorrow, so mean time I will just keep on cd'ing.

status quo!

But enjoying a much much larger wardrobe and a couple of beautiful wigs and my own makeup set. The status Quo is the part that I am still enjoying these things with my darling wife and partner, just with more accessories!

Haley Pink~

Hmmmmmm? 5 yrs , HUH?

Ok, lets see! 5 yrs from now.

That puts me at Walmart in the dress department asking the lady, " Ma'am would you have this dress in my size"? Then Her saying, " Hun, you asked me that yesterday".

LOL, forgetfullness or CRS?

LOLOLOL! Haley

Five years... hmmm... If my plan works out the way I want it too I will be starting RLT or midway through, best thought would be having SRS by then and be living life about who I feel I am.
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

Hi Sharon!

I'm so sorry I totally missed this until just before leaving work today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    But the biggest hurdle has been an almost total lack of emotional support from my family. I suppose it wasn't that difficult for them to accept me when all they thought I was doing was dressing up when they weren't around, but the few I have told, so far, that I want to take this further and undergo surgery and hormone treatment have not reacted well at all, and even behave as if I'm some sort of freak. Dad and brother in a dress is okay, but it is not okay for me to have breasts or a feminized face.

My family may or may not come to accept who I want to be, but it seems moot to even go on informing the rest of them until I sort out my finances.

Thus, the question. It is because I don't have the answers.

Sorry for the downer of a post, but, sometimes, it's simply too difficult to always be positive.
    I wish I had a way around that for you, but of course I do not. v_v

I'd dare say you'd find your way around the finances if the emotional support from family was there. I'd also dare say that if the finances were there but the emotional support was still lacking from your family you'd find it difficult or impossible to transition.

<*sigh*>

*BIG WARM HUGGLES* to you Sharon.

You'll find moments of balance and more of frustration, never quite fitting. It would be so much easier if family wasn't important to you, but it is. Children are probably even more important in this situation. Still you remain in some netherland.

I'm so sorry Sharon. Downer of a post? Pheh. We're here for each other, Sharon.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work