Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it... really it's only hair

I don't get it... really it's only hair

I read this over and over again. This connection to 'if I shave my body it means I am or feminine"... It's only hair people !!

So many girls get in a knot about shaving their bodies and attaching that 'grooming' to an aspect of gender difference.

If you just shaved your body, for the hell of it, it just grows back and on the male body rather fast at that.. That is unless you play hockey, then well.. you're on your own. I digress...

I will say this to the ones just starting out with all this fun. Your legs will be sharp as razors in a day or two so your wife, S/O is going to let you know about it.. so be prepared. Your legs are just sharp, and she is probably not complaining that you are turning into a girl.

#IMHO #JustSharing
    Vanessa

EDIT: Meant more in humor than anything serious
    Last edited by *Vanessa*; 11-23-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Men shave their bodies all the time, body builders, swimmers, pipe fitters, cyclists, ballet dancers, cab drivers, did I mention engineers yet? Even some men that enjoy expressing their feminine side do it I hear. Seems normal enough to me.

Just another one of those societal things. That's all.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I shve my body and enjoy how I look and how wonderful it feels. But it takes a lot of time and effort to stay smooth.

There was a full moon on the night I was born...

I had to surrender, I have worse stubble on my chest than my face. Stubble does not feel sexy!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Always shaved my under arms and chest, couple of times a week. Only shave my legs for special occasions. No problems with it at all. I don't think any one has ever given me so much as a sideways glance thinking weird he shaves his legs. It simply brings out the definition far more, male or female.

So as they say. If you got it flaunt it.

I started shaving my legs for obvious reasons... the look, the feel of stockings/hold-ups/pantyhose etc... then I remember the night when I shaved my chest. I had been trimming beforehand as with the tennis stars of that period... then I started doing clever things with my nether regions... making shapes etc... it was really starting to get fun! Then my arms went hairless and I went totally hairless...

The crazy thing is it started with CDing, but I actually love the feeling of being 'sans hair' - wonderful! Even if I stopped wearing the clothes, I think I would body shave. It just feels so good - of course the Romans were into this too!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I like the sensation of smooth skin and do not like the look of body hair on me. Hair on others does not bother me at all and I have dated Persian and Indian (India) women who have had far more body hair than me and I actually found it sexy on them and would ask them not to shave.

I am hypersensitive to touch, smell and sound and cannot wear clothes that scratch and remove all clothing tags and do not own anything with wool in it but yet I like the absence of body hair even though it makes my skin even more sensitive to touch, Go figure!

What I call feeling feminine really is a misstatement on my part but probably is an expression of a form of mild Autogynephelia in that I'm projecting my male heterosexual desire onto an act that I view as sexy and feminine in a woman and this touches all aspects of my crossdressing through acts, behavior or physical items.

This combined with a mind that thinks it is female and has since my earliest memories as evidence by my telling everyone starting when I was old enough to understand the difference that I am a girl and not a boy makes for a very complicated inner world.

I agree that people should get over it, but doubt they ever will.
    I've been watching the TV series 'Lost'. They have supposedly been on an island for months, yet all the women have shaved legs and underarms. I can't recall ever seeing a woman on TV with hairy legs. I know it is a cultural thing, but it is deeply rooted in US culture (or uprooted if you wax). I know that less body hair doesn't make me more feminine, I still feel more feminine shaved. Guess I'm just a product of my culture.
    I am WOMAN and I've come too far to go back to pretend.

I agree shaving is not a big deal, Vanessa. If you openly wear pantyhose or stockings please shave. If you can't, wear opaques. Nothing worse than seeing pantyhose over hairy legs. Ughh...

My legs are as smooth as a baby's bum.
    I have not had to shave my legs for about ten years.
    They may not look great but they are so smooooth.

If shaving my body was going to turn me into a girl I would of been there years ago! Still shaving and still loving it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

The ironic thing is, leg shaving has been traced back to Roman soldiers doing it to stop sand from caking in the leg hairs, as well as less area for nits to attach to, along with quicker healing. LOL. It is yet another "feminine" thing born from combat.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I don't understand why humans haven't completely evolved beyond body hair, at this point. It is so utterly pointless. It doesn't protect us from cold, the way animal fur does. It's just plain stupid. Evolution fail.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    There was a full moon on the night I was born...

I had to surrender, I have worse stubble on my chest than my face. Stubble does not feel sexy!
    That is why god invented laser and electrolysis!

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    That is why god invented laser and electrolysis!
    *grumbles* Wish god had made it affordable for heathens like me.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

I wish I had enough cash to pay for waxing once a month. A mans' Brazillian costs 400 bucks here. What a drag. I just finished shaving down everything again tonight and used body butter. Nothing feels so girly and fem, I just love it.

I think for some those with a SO it might be harder for them to process of shaving cause really they are shaving for CD issues and not cause they are body builders or swimmers etc (just a example). So when a SO shaves his legs lets use as a example the wife/gf is going to notice. Some will be ok with it and some will find out that possibly this is something they were attracted to which they didn't realize. A hidden attraction that one doesn't notice right away.

Everyone always makes the argument "oh its just hair get over it". But if the tables were turned and your wife/gf started growing out leg hair, pit hair I know that my own SO would not be that thrilled and would ask me to shave. I don't think he would go anywhere with me especially if I was wearing a tank top and shorts lol
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

I dated a GG who did not shave her legs and it was definitely an erotic turn-off for me. From that experience I can understand why GG's might feel the same way about their SO's shaving their body hair.

Hi,

If you look at the different races youll find other than the whites or German / English background or stock going back many 1000 's of years who were the ones who were hairy ,some races have very little , others a lot more .

Some women have very little yet some i know have more hair due to hormones & details going on or hormone imbalance. or meds .

For my self its not about dressing or being a woman. for my self it goes back 54 years i hated being hairy tho i did not have much then ,

horse rideing , it was a pain as my leg hairs were knoted after . tho if i had shaved them off Jos would not have cared, so i could have done it then ,

Now i have very little about 8 % body hair,

...noeleena...

I'm in agreement with Kaz on body hair. I don't like the dirty look that hair has on my body. I wasn't aware of the "nits business" that the romans had, but I'm always ready to learn something new. Actually, I'll take any reason to be clean shaven year round, if its remotely feasable. I'm ready to make a fashon statement called "hairless men" Perhaps maybe we need to proposition a few of these epilator manufactors to start making black epilators!

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    For my part hairy legs and stockings look ugly, underarm hair with sleeveless dresses looks out of place and chest hair with lacy bras is just ridiculous..

I have always had a lot of hair and age and some medications have made it worse. I had shaved a few times when I was younger and really liked it but it was too big a pain to do all the time then. I finally got to the point that I couldn't stand it when it grew back and have kept it shaved for several years now. I have let it go over a long weekend but it drives me nuts now and I have to shave it all. So I have half one day and half the next now or if I get lazy on a weekend I shave it all at the same time. I guess I did it kind of backwards from most and started shaving before crossdressing regularly, it has worked out well that way though.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

my mustache makes me look older......no problem with shaving that off. lower body and armpits is just cleaner in the summer. never had too much hair on my legs anyway so yeah it's good to take that off so i can wear nylons. i get some white chest hairs, so no big loss there. i just started shaving my arms.....well maybe that's a big much, but i just run the razor over my entire body everyday when i'm in the shower. no big deal and not just to be fem.
    man, i feel like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra54 View Post
    my mustache makes me look older......no problem with shaving that off. lower body and armpits is just cleaner in the summer. never had too much hair on my legs anyway so yeah it's good to take that off so i can wear nylons. i get some white chest hairs, so no big loss there. i just started shaving my arms.....well maybe that's a big much, but i just run the razor over my entire body everyday when i'm in the shower. no big deal and not just to be fem.
    I had a mustache for over 23 years and shaved it a couple of years ago. Everyone told me that I looked younger without it.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.