Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a personal reminder of your girl?

Do you have a personal reminder of your girl?

Hi everyone,

My therapist this morning spent some time having me talk about myself as a girl...she suggested that i find some kind of token, item, adornment, etc, that I could have with me at work and elsewhere so that I would always know that the girl inside is with me at all times...I think she means something beyond underdressing, like a hidden pendant or something like that...i haven't come up with anything yet but i wonder if others have an item like that...touch it and smile and say hello to the girl, even in the most boring dull male environment.

advice? thanks.

[SIZE="3"]I carry a small female's wallet all the time. I think of Susan each time I open it.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

My cell phone wall paper is me. I carry pictures of me.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I understand what the therapist is saying but for most of us the "inner girl" is part and parcel of who we are and as such kind of hard to forget. The best kind of re-enforcement is to develop the mindset that this is who we are regardless of external appearance.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm glad to hear that your therapist encourages that. I've been doing that for quite some time.

I have 3 things 'girly' that I will have close by or on me in my extremely masculine work environment.

i) A beautiful necklace from my late mother
    ii) A pink support breast cancer coffee mug with the emblem of my fav NFL team on one side. It's the most visible item and has never once been mentioned by co-workers.
    iii) I also keep about 2-3 wallet size prints of what I consider my best 'femme' photos in my male wallet. I have found them comforting when a small bout of cd depression & confusion moves in whiles you are at work..

Great idea, now what shall I use for that......hmmmm

Andrea has her IPad, that is with me 24/7, it also has a number of pictures on it.

But Andrea is me, I am Andrea. The girl IS with me at all times, regardless of how I am presenting.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

I don't need a reminder....as a friend said and with which I agree....I'm always Cheryl, people just don't always see me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    My cell phone wall paper is me. I carry pictures of me.
    Same here though, I regularly change my wall paper.

Lost my phome once at work. It was found just out side the gate. I'd left it on the car roof after seeing a nail in my tyre. Any how I called it and the guy who found it asked if I was Jane. I chickened out and said no, Jane was a friend of mine and was still in work. We met up and he gave me my phone back, for a small finders reward.

He appeared to have no idea the guy picking up the phone was the person in all the photos.

Does underdressing count then have enough to remind me

Strange she says that you need to have something to remember the girl inside . I dint know why or remember where it came from or ended up there but in my draw I have just one black nylon hold up stocking! The funny thing without knowing what your therapist said , every time I open the draw I stop up and think about pernille and who I am . So it just remains there , my assistant often goes in
    That draw and has seen it but days nothing amd the other thing is I don't care as it's a snail thing that means more than what it is,

So maybe it's hard trying to find something to use to fit you, maybe you need to wait till something finds you as it might give more meaning ,

Wearing a corset almost 24/7 is a constant reminder. Sometimes a painful reminder! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I wear an ankle bracelet, shortened from a necklace tha was a favorite of my late Mother. Other than a period when it was being repaired it hasn't been off my ankle in almost 4 years. Sometimes I wear socks (rarely) and I really don't care who sees it.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

No 'token' needed, thanks. I'm pretty aware of who, and what I am. Although I guess if I were to carry anything, it would be a small heart shaped charm from one of my coach keychains that I guess I could take off and put it into my keycase. I have a few of those keychains; they just look cute; it's not like I can use them 'out' though, so they hang from various places in my house perhaps to remind me of what could have been?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I had a necklace that matched one I had bought my wife. I got it as I was coming out, I wore it daily and felt naked with out it. It was a Celtic cross with an amber center stone. I would gently play with it during the day whenever I was bored or nervous before a presentation.
    I keep using the past tense because the chain broke on a 30 mile ride through Detroit. I was crushed but not willing to go back to where I suspect I lost it. Hopefully Santa will get me a new necklace for Christmas.
    I have kinda been a good girl.

I also carry a card that my wife sent in the mail to my female name. THe card says that she believes in Chloe and that we will be okay. I look at it when I feel like I can't go on.

Silver Member
    I have a cute little pearl necklace that I have worn under my polo shirt every day for years. White pearls, of course. It has a fair bit of mass to it and they are a constant reminder of who I am. They are partially visible at all times and it's fairly obviousl when people notice them. There have been very few comments, but the ones I do get are all positive

Nothing except my past-my-shoulder length hair... but it's not always a reminder of Jenn as much as a reminder that I've always tended to be different in some way or another.

jenn

Hi,

Spos its different for all of us.

For my self i looked at things i could carry. like my shoulder backpack bag , with my things in it make up & little things , yet no, my clothes well sort of yet no . so back to the morror & what i see is a woman , so my body is all i need , take the things away & whats left. just you standing there, with nothing ,
    So who i am says it all , not my things tho that can be a part of who i am , tho when it comes down to it its people who see you / me & they know im a woman . do i need any thing to remind me of who i am.......

...noeleena...

My panties and my painted toenails. also my neckdown grooming, for right now. On the otherhand, I can't forget I'm fem, since I think about it very often throughout the day.

On most days I do not have any sort of a reminder, But that is not an all bad idea. Not that I really need a reminder. Raychel is so much a part of me, id would be pretty hard to forget.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My screen saver reminds me mostly. My red toes do too. I do carry a pic of the two of us in Texas on South Padre Island with me en femme of course in a swimsuit, on the beach.

I love this gambit and have used it for some time. I carry a lipstick (Divine Red by Este Lauder) tucked away in my briefcase.

This is or should be my easiest post yet. When I first discovered some months ago I went and had my nails done. But the acrylics ruined my natural nails. But I will continue with my natural nails as my reminder. My therapist didn't suggest this, I just did it. She (my therapist) does ask if I go to work like this. I tell those who ask that this is how I stay in touch with my feminine side. Some of my closest friends/co-workers know i'm a cd'er. I'm enjoy my life now.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Like others my Mobile Phone has lots of Sophie pics on it,actually unwittingly I outed myself to a fellow worker one time with it.I wear clear nail varnish that reminds me too,and I'm always talking girly things with certain work colleagues,all little reminders of my girly side

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I carry a purse and wear my diamond engagement ring all the time.

Do you have a personal reminder of your girl? YA this stupid boys body !!