Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chance of a lifetime

Hi Girls,

I have the first pic, and it's not very flattering. It was at the end of the event when I need to straighten my hair and touch up my lipstick, hopefully I can show better pictures as I get them. I had asked for a picture with the other hidden leaders, but the kids wanted to be in there also, how could I say no?

Now I went to church this morning to teach. The kids were great, the girls wanted to talk about it, guys wanted to play games. I had to prove my ears were not pierced, but they all had fun.

The mothers and pastors wives stopped me to visit. They asked what I learned. I told them these three things; 1) Women are artists - They get up each day and selects their clothes and accessories, and their faces are pallettes requiring an artists touch. 2) Women must have strong self confidence and self esteem. I felt walking through mall that the women who watched me were more judgemental than the men and felt self conscience about it. 3) When women say their feet hurt when wearing heels, it's not their heels that hurt, its the balls of their feet and their calves. They loved that and want me to talk to their husbands.

They all appreciated how much effort I put in and thanked me for doing it. The Senior Pastor did a waving bow saying "I'm not worthy." Several moms said they loved my outfit and said they wanted it. Wow! If I had the chance to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing. I plan to spend the day with my wife and remind her how lucky I am to have her. I stopped her yesterday to tell her this," I wanted to say thank you for letting me do this." She said "No problem." That's the best she can do in dealing with this, but that's better than "No."

Thank you all,

Colleen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Silver Member
    you look fine darling---if that's your first photo it looks a lot better than my first---my thought after reading your initial post is does your wife know the program director?---this sounds like the two ladies may have had a chat about what you like to do--if they did and then came on this outcome youre a lucky girl---can't wait to to see other photos of your outing.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

What a wonderful memory you will always get to keep! I'm so glad everything went so well, including your wife's blessing.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Thank you Ladies,

My wife knows the Director, but I'm certain, without question, my wife did not visit with her about this. More and hopefuly better pics are coming. The girls at work will not be satisfied with this one pic,they will expect to see the whole outfit.

Colleen.

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD View Post
    Thank you Ladies, .... The girls at work will not be satisfied with this one pic,they will expect to see the whole outfit. Colleen.
    Who cares what "they" will be satisfied with, it's us about whom you should be worried. It's we who will not be satisfied until we see the whole outfit. You have to work with them but you live with us. And since we will not be critical but supportive we just have to see it all.

Now step right up ladies and view for the first time ever Miz Colleen as she was meant to be seen. Here now, no pushing there. There is plenty of space inside. Just open up your screen and view the loverly lady. STOP THAT SHOVING. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. Bloody whips, can't teach 'em manours, not a lick.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

Colleen, I read your story with great interest and now I'm curious. What was the point of having the kids find their church leaders in disguise? Was it an ice-breaker for an upcoming instruction session or something? Or was it to teach kids to be observant?

Also, did they determine the costumes for the other people (the cowboy and security guard) or did these people choose their own costumes, and why would they have picked a woman's disguise for you? And last question ... if they picked your disguise, then how could a pastor then turn around and say he thinks you're a crossdresser? ??

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, and I'm also looking forward to seeing the pics.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Colleen, I read your story with great interest and now I'm curious. What was the point of having the kids find their church leaders in disguise? Was it an ice-breaker for an upcoming instruction session or something? Or was it to teach kids to be observant?
    Hi Reine,

It was a game for the latter, though it played well with the lesson this week and next, it really taught the kids to look closely, and follow the rules of the game.

Also, did they determine the costumes for the other people (the cowboy and security guard) or did these people choose their own costumes, and why would they have picked a woman's disguise for you? And last question ... if they picked your disguise, then how could a pastor then turn around and say he thinks you're a crossdresser? ??
    The other costumes were determined by the other leaders. The security guard actually does security for the mall, the other chose his own outfit to the best of my knowledge. The Program director and I were speaking and I asked her for her suggestion, and she came up with it. I simply wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. As for the "crossdresser" comment, he made the comment in love in and care, not malicious, to my wife. As you know, my wife is less than supportive, but will not out me.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the experience, and I'm also looking forward to seeing the pics.
    SarahLynn and Riene, I can't wait for the other pics, this one is not my best. When I left the house I felt pretty, when this picture was taken, I felt tired. Maybe if I'm a good girl, I can do it again someday.

Big hugs,

Colleen
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-05-2011 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote tags. :)

Wow sounds like you had a great time and the kids too that what is important. where are the pix .
    Last edited by Mistybtm; 12-05-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Mistybtm

Finally.. a few other pics.

Hi Girls,

As promised, I have the other pics. Yeah! Also an update on the after event conversations.

So since this was originally suggested at my work, some of the girls at work knew of it, but each has promised to keep it to themselves, and to my knowledge they have. Each wanted to know how it went and learn the reactions of the kids and parents, and just people at the mall. We laughed and shared what each of you already know, and they were great. The married ones said "I wish my husband knew what you learned."

A third pastor at our church smiled and told my wife "I charge $83 per hour if you need me." This will go on for a while, but that's okay.

Several women at our church want my outfit.

I thank you all for your great suggestions and support both before and after this event. My suggestion to anyone with such an opportunity posed to them like this is; You will not regret the things in life you do, you will regret the things in life you don't do. Don't miss your chance of a lifetime...be courageous!

Hugs to all,

Colleen
    Last edited by ColleenCD; 12-05-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Picture attachments

Pics

Sorry, trying to re-size them.

Colleen
    Last edited by ColleenCD; 12-06-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Pictures

Now the only question is how are you going to keep the girl on the farm now that she's seen Paris?

Remember to do something especially nice for your wife!

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Eryn,

I try to remember rules 1 and 2. Since my wife has now seen me dressed, maybe I can have some house priviledges with her home, I'll have to work on that. But I do have some friends at Dress Barn now, and I simply cannot throuw that away.

As for my wife, she made a very special thank you to me tonight for solving her ongoing printing problems wiht her computer. I'm spending more time with her doing her things.

Hugs,

Colleen

Great story! I think you got it right...too bad your wife wasn't more involved, but you demonstrated to everyone including her that wearing womens clothing is something fun to do. The kids had fun, the church didn't burn, you were treated with respect... By just doing it and showing people and overcoming your fear... you avoid the misconceptions and you learn most of your fear was holding you back, in many ways. You answered a lifelong goal. I'm curious if your desire to dress will increase or decrease in time? This is what it should be like! One thing I experience is the sometimes subtle difference in how people talk to you when you are dressed, even when they know who you are. You look great by the way!...I'm sure most of the kids thought you were a real woman at first.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD View Post
    I try to remember rules 1 and 2. Since my wife has now seen me dressed, maybe I can have some house priviledges with her home, I'll have to work on that. But I do have some friends at Dress Barn now, and I simply cannot throuw that away.

As for my wife, she made a very special thank you to me tonight for solving her ongoing printing problems wiht her computer. I'm spending more time with her doing her things.
    I was thinking of something more along the lines of flowers, chocolate, or jewelry, not computer service!

Following the agreed-upon rules is a good thing, but communication is also important. If living inside the rules causes you distress then your partner (and I don't use that term lightly) deserves to be aware of it.

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Colleen i think i'd steer clear of that cowboy if'n i was you, he's look'n way too friendly. I mean what's this all about with the arm around your shoulders????????? Remind him that cowboys kiss their horse not the girl in the old days.

(tried that once, patuuuuie them horses have the worst breath. whoooowheeeeee nearly as bad as cows.)

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

WOW that's way cool Colleen. You lucky girl.
    Angie

That is so awesome! I hope to someday, get to do something like this too

I'm happy for you that you enjoyed your experience. I just can't help but think that at least some of the people whom have been so positive and friendly with you about this game would suddenly become "less than christian" towards you if they find out that you actually enjoyed it and would like to do it more often. I would hope that I am wrong but people who sometimes show a face of acceptance change their tune when the game is done. Like the girlfriends who would think it cute and funny to paint your toenails while you are sleeping , who are disgusted if it's still on your toes 2 days later.

I wish I had that kind of opportunity. It would have felt nice to be out of the closet even for just a night.

Your story gives me an idea for the next time I go shopping in a clothing store, other then Wal-Marts. Something to kinda break the ice anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats

Those are great pictures, Colleen. It's a very believable outfit and very well coordinated. I'm sure you'll have fun wearing it again and reflecting back on those memories.

Keep smilin' girl!

Colleen, it looks like you had a great experience. Love the outfit.

Hi Girls,

The girls at work have been super. They each have been supportive without any negative comments because I think have a great working relationship.

I went back to Dress Barn to find the Manager to thank her for her wonderful service in selecting an outfit and to exchange some hose which were slightly larger than needed. She was out but the other ladies were friendly and I showed them the pics which they enjoyed.

Its hard to put the pretty genie back in the bottle and I hope to reach a little more freedom with my wife at home now that she has seen me dressed. Christmas is coming and maybe she'll consent more.

Hugs to all,

Colleen

Hi girls,

One last update. I was showing the full length pictures to one of the ladies in the office, she was giggling when she knew I was to dress up. Well when she saw the full length picture, she was stone silent for about 5 seconds. I was a little worried because she was so quiet when I was expecting laughter. Then she said "Oh my gosh, I wasn't sure that was you, you look like what your sister would look like." She said I needed a bit more lipstick but very nice.

She is honest so I'm honored she would say that. Thought I would share.

Colleen

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    awsome way to post!
    the updates were great!