Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance of a lifetime

I just could not believe this when I started to read it. Its like all your (and mine too) Christmass's come all at once. What a fantastic piece of luck. I hope its all what you want it to be.........seeing as you are this lucky would you care to pick my lottery numbers for me this week ?
    Fiona
    xxx

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColleenCD View Post
    About a month ago she called me at work and begged for permission to get a pair of Christian Louboutins. I wisely relented.

So tell us more about them. What kind were they? I hope they were on sale. You don't get to name drop like that without further desciption. You are such a tease :-)

As for the mall event, it sounds like some of the people offering you help are taking this way to seriously. I'm sure you are not complaining but it is worth noting. In a mall situation, first outing, something important besides your over all look, is your walk. I've seen girls that look great up close but I could read them as a man from across the stree by thier walk.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be great. Just don't have too much fun. It can be hard to get back in side the rabbit hole. :-)

Sounds awesome and I am sure you will look great! I may steal your story so I can go shopping and build some confidence.

have a blast Colleen, enjoy every minute of it lady
    Love many,
    Trust few,
    but always paddle,
    your own canoe xx

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Not trying to be a bobby-buzz-kill here...but

Since most parents are trying to teach children at that age the concept of staying away from "strangers" (particularly at malls)...
    I am just trying to imagine you trying to explain this exercise to security personnel when somebody sees you dressed as a woman, playing hide-n-seek with little kids at a shopping mall.

I completely understand the innocent nature intended here, but it sounds like a pretty strange "game" to be playing with little kids at a shopping mall. Maybe I am missing something here.

I agree with Eluzzion. Don't use 5th and 6th grade kids who may not be ready to understand crossdressing, who are using this for a different purpose, for YOUR play time.

Be a confident, responsible adult and do it in your own time.

Maybe you have more to explain?

Hi Coleen. It all sounds great BUT...

Please remember, this is supposed to be a game for the kids, you are merely ACTING a role. Don't get carried away and spoil it for them.

I would also suggest that, as you seem to have a good rapport with the manager, you make arrangement to use their staff washroom if you need it. As the staff may already be aware of your visit and intentions it could be embarrasssing to use the public ladies facility.
    [SIZE="3"]Marcella
    [/SIZE]

Star sign Taurus
    Bull on the outside Belle on the inside

Have fun but like Marcella take it easy.

What a fun adventure! It truly sounds like a dream come true for someone who loves to dress. You get to be out dressed in public as a woman, with the support not only of your church but also your wife, and you get to put together your own outfit that you can keep!

Here are a few things that I would consider. You are trying not to be recognized, so when you go out there, try not to look at anyone you know. Once you make eye contact, it is more likely you will be recognized and it's over. Also, remember that kids are really good at reading people, so don't be surprised if you are caught right away.

This is an exercise in being a man passing as a woman, right? Then you need to learn how to pass. Here is a good wiki article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_%28gender%29

Practice your walk in heels. When I went out for Halloween I gave myself some time to get used to heels. Also, you might take a look at the Youtube videos where they tell women how to walk in heels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZj93l_z34Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3a141Kwmkjk

Finally, DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!!! We certainly want pictures of this event!
    Last edited by Dana7; 11-28-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Hi Girls,

I had the day off today and did one thing I have never done before. I went out dressed and got gas and then to the bank (drive up ATM). Okay so I showered and shaved, shaved my legs, and did my makeup. This was fun again; I haven’t played this much in a long time. I tried the new Almay Colormatch make up that my wife bought with me. I got dressed and then practiced walking in my new boots at home until I had balance and confidence that I could maneuver without injury to body or pride.

I mustered up the courage to venture out, and get gas. It felt like a spotlight on me, but it must have just been my imagination because no one spoke with me, no concerns, and I was very feminine and it went fine. A quick stop by the ATM and that was enough for today. I had to get some confidence up to be able to enter this mall on a Friday evening. For those of you wondering, I did tell my wife that I needed the practice. She was working, so it’s still a “don’t ask don’t tell” type of thing. The less said the better, but she knows the work I would need. I’ll be leaving work on Friday a little early to get ready.

Now as for the Stranger Danger concerns, I received the rules of the game today.

Here are just a few of the "rules" that we'll be going over and you'll have a POINT sheet to keep track of your group's points--which you will take away if they break any of these rules:

Stay with leader at all times
    No running
    No going into stores
    Be respectful, courteous, and helpful of other shoppers.
    When they think they might have found someone who is disguised ONE person from the group will go up to that person and say, "excuse me ma'am/sir do you have the time"
    If the person is actually a leader disguised they will have a response and something to hand to your group.
    If the person is NOT a leader then obviously they will either give you the time or not! Hehehe

At the end, all of those disguised will meet at a specific location to reveal ourselves to those who didn’t find us. I’m more confident than I was a week ago, and this will be fun. The kids are great and I’m their teacher for the next two weeks. We have a lot of fun in class, they learn, and are pretty well behaved.

I want to thank you all for your concern, and great advice, also your support. The kids will be guarded and safe. Pictures will be coming. Oh, and the Christian Louboutin’s are on my wife’s feet.

Hugs to all,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Colleen,

This sounds like a great time for you and I am jealous. Anyway, have fun and try to figure out a way to continue going out dressed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I sure wish I was there to watch.

Robyn,

I wish you were there to help. Confidence! Be confident! I keep telling myself this. As I went out to get gas earlier this week, I felt everyone knew I was a man in a skirt, but they were too busy doing their own thing to bother with it. You'll get pics soon to judge for yourself.

Tomorrow night is the night. I have everything as ready as I know how to do it. My competitive streak wants me to not be found by the kids. My girl side tells me to be the prettiest girl in the mall.

Pictures will follow. Hopefully my confidence will pick up.

Hugs to all,

Colleen

One other suggestion; I don't know if this is practical, but sometimes I wear a pair of glasses with clear lenses to make me less recognizable when dressed. I guess it makes me feel like it disguises my features and I am sure that it makes the face look different. Not sunglasses, that would be too obvious. Perhaps if you could find a pair of feminine reading glasses, that might be something to try. Just an idea.

Now just remember, we are all rooting for you! You can do this!!!
    Last edited by Dana7; 12-02-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Hi Dana,

I usually wear glasses for anything beyond 2 feet, except for reading. So I have my Nook loaded with all of this years Redbook Magazines. My plan is to NOT wear the usual glasses, and enjoy Redbook to pass the time and blend in. I agree that sunglasses are out, and I like your idea.

I'm taking alot of deep breaths right now. Maybe I ought to keep a paper bag handy tomorrow.

Colleen

Great story. it sounds familiar, but mine stops with the period after item 2). Hope all goes well for you..

Hi Girls,

Wow, what an experience. I you have not put on 3" heeled boots and and walked through the mall at Christmas time in full pretty, then you really ought to try it. Okay, so the details: I got out of work late of course, causing me to hurry. I shaved, prepped my clothes, then did my make up, got fully dressed, then asked my wife for a purse. "Pick one" she said. She also got me a perfect Bijou watch to wear. I then came down and revealed myself to her. Now this is the first time she has ever seen me dressed. (Deep breath here). Since she is not into my dressing, I was preparing for the worst. She said "There he is." with a light laugh. Whew! that could have been a lot worse. I asked her to go with me but she was not interested. Okay, I'm off to the mall.

Now since I went out to get gas dressed thr other day, I really had those initial jitters at bay, for a while. I entered the mall through Dillards...the lingerie section, why not, if i'm in for a penny, I'm in for a pound. I walked all the way to the other end of the mall, yeah, there were looks, but I did not have my glasses on, and did'nt make much eye contact. I went to a secluded wing of the mall with minimal traffic and sat down. I got situated and opened my Nook, reading a Redbook magazine I had downloaded earlier. I tried to be invisible, quiet and simply blend in.

A minute after I sat down, an entire family from grandparents to toddlers sat down in my seating area. They were next to me for forty five minutes and never said a word as I was reading, so I didn't see any stares, and really didn't care. This was my most comfortable time. Even with a rambuctious family only feet away, I was happy, refreshing my lip gloss, brushing my hair from my eyes.

About the time they left, the game started, 7:00PM sharp. I went though the first thirty minutes before the first group of kids came and asked me if I had the time. The look on her face was priceless when she realized I was one of the guys she was looking for. Seconds later a nother team was there, but overloooked me. The Director texted me asking me where I was, she brought more kids by, and some knew me others didn't. Then it was picture time, and another walk through the mall.

Then I met with the parents and all the kids. The best part was all the questions: Are your ears peirced? Did you shave your legs? Are you wearing make up? (Uh yeah, like tons.) You're wearing heels,do your feet hurt? Did you enjoy being a woman? (Ooohh careful here, dead giveaway time. " I learned a lot and I really did enjoy it." (A LOT!) And my favorite: What do like best about what you're wearing? (I wanted to unroll the scoll, but we'd miss Christmas, so I told them I liked the skirt because it was so free feeling. They laughed.

I was the highlight of the evening, pictures were being taken of me and all the kids, the director, the parents, even strangers (yikes!) I promise when I get the pictures e-mailed to me, you will see them.

What a fun evening! Glad to hear that your wife handled it well. Sounds like you really had a great time. Do you think any of the parents might have noticed that you were enjoying it just a little too much? Looking forward to the pics.

How wonderful. Sounds like you had a great time, as did everyone involved. I'll bet you made quite an impression because so many overlooked you. And I'll bet you felt like a million bucks right out there in all your fem glory.

You really kept us in suspense waiting to see how it all turned out. I know how fun it can be to go out fully dressed. And the best part is you got to be there with everyone, without anyone looking down at you for it. The questions by the kids sounded especially fun. And I'll bet your wife hears about this from those kids for YEARS. It must have been a memorable experience--I'm so glad you had a good time. It was a great story to follow!
    Last edited by Dana7; 12-03-2011 at 05:57 PM.

We await those gorgeous pictures with eager anticipation! For obvious reasons only post pictures of just you or editing out our church colleagues. It's fab you had such a lovely time, Colleen!

So what disguises did the other leaders have?
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

Hi Marilyn and Dana,

Pics will come, I need to have them e-mailed to me. The other two guys were dressed as a security guard and a cowboy. They were found also at about the same rate I was.

Now comes the tricky part. My wife had church tonight and the pics are everywhere. Apparently one pastor thinks I'm a Crossdresser he laughingly told my wife, others say I'm crazy for doing it. Okay, with action comes consequences. Their comments were good natured, so I'll get ribbed tomorrow. All in all everything went as planned. The game was fun and safe, the kids all had a great time, and as a bonus I got to do the one thing I always wanted to do, go out in public. It was the chance of a lifetime, and I didn't blow it.

Hugs,

Colleen

Awesome story! Glad to hear about a girl getting to let it all out! (:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Really happy for you, it sounds like a success. Not many are given such a great opportunity. I had to migrate to another country to become a free woman.

So, how are you now going to follow this up? Remember to be careful with relationships. All I know knows what I am but my dad and one other friend, so I
    feel good about myself. As late as Friday I told everyone at my office even if I have
    been seen dressed at work. With some luck and lots of effort you can do this!

/Johanna

What a wonderful story Colleen, thanks for sharing it. I was fascinated by the questions and responses of the kids and parents -- it sounded as they they were truly interested in your experience, and not critical. It will be interesting to see how thngs develop for you in the future. Be forewarned -- once Jeannie is out of the bottle, it's difficult to put her back in!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Oh how exciting and wonderful, Colleen! I was waiting to see how this turned out and it sounds like you had a blast! Just be normal and smile a lot at church. Even the ribbing can be fun when done in good nature. Even if some may be anticipating seeing you, they will exhale when they see you back again as your "normal" self. Most people don't really mind crossdressing as long as they know you will still be your old self. If they liked you before, they will still like you.

Let us know how your wife is taking it. It seems she is taking it in stride. Be sure to show your appreciation. Can't wait to see the pics!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Silver Member
    Maybe I'll start going to church again if I could find one like yours--lol
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]