Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so tarty?

Why so tarty?

Why is it that most crossdressers go for the absolute tart look. I'm talking long red nails, high heels, tarty clothes and make up. Do you class that as the ultimate in femininity? I'm intrigued because Katie loves all that.

Charlie,

Guess I am different. I like to dress so as to blend in with the women I will be around. I am most comfortable if I am dressed to match my age, which is mature. Dressing like a tart can be fun and home or if going to a party.

Eileen

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Charlie,

I like what I would perceive as a sexy look, but for me at least, I hate the tarty look, in fact I've even been called prim and proper whilst en femme. I know you asked "Why is it that most crossdressers go for that look?" well I don't know if it's "most" or just "quite a few". I think it must be a fantasy thing
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 10-22-2005 at 06:15 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think that there are a lot of CDs who go in for the "tarty" look, however, I am not one of them. Such girls are classified, for lack of a better term, as fetishists. I, however, have never gone in for that look either for myself or for the women that I am attracted to. I prefer a polished, tasteful look that better emulates women in general when they are dressing up. Nice outfits, skirts, dresses, nice shoes, hosiery, and the like. I've never gone in much for PVC, rubber, 5" heels, fishnets, and the like.

CharlieGG, let me say this - the vast majority of CDs tend to be clearly in one of two groups, those who wish to emulate everyday GGs as authentically as they can, and those who enjoy the erotic / fetish aspects of CDing. There are some who indulge in both kinds, but it's safe to say most are one or the other. That, of course, doesn't include the smaller number of us who mix the two genders - we sort of move around in the area between the two instead of switching between the endpoints.

There isn't any hard data on exactly what percentage of CDs belong to each group, but neither group, 'emulation' or 'fetish' CDs, appears to greatly outnumber the other... so in response to your statement, no one can say 'most' crossdressers go for either look.
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]I don't fit into that category personally. I prefer to look business casual myself. Each to their own and don't knock it or else you'll catch a whole lotta flak lol.[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    oh yes i can get into the tarty look true but thats a at home or in the yard thingy....as far as something to wear out no but at home i think it's fun ....
    more so blend in able out ....funable home.........

I tend to just wear what women of my age/station wear, I want to be unnoticed and left to live as I want.

I suppose that a few people like the ultra-feminine look, verging on a parody of women, maybe as part of a fetishistic need or maybe because they have to 'condense ' their female desires down into a few short hours, snatched when and where they can. I have found that the more I dress, the less dressy I feel the need to be. jeans an a t-shirt do me fine these days, and femininity is more my state of mind than my state of dress.

Mona xx

Most? I think not.

I don't know about "most" crossdressers, but I am one of those who prefer to blend with my surroundings, whether it be in my favorite business woman garb, or more casual in other surroundings. I have seen plenty of "tarty" crossdressers, but then..have also seen quite a few gg's who tend to lean that way, too. I suspect there are lots of ways to expess ourselves, and we tend to feel comfortable in clothes which allow for that expression. Either way, if it feels good, wear it!

Lauren

I have been guilty of tarting it up before - in part because it is sort of fun to me to try lots of different feminine looks - I have shown pix on this site from tomboyish to a French Maid. Plus, my masculine features need to be hidden behind a bit more makeup than the normal GG would need or want to wear.

May I ask, you ask us why we dress tarty, why have you chosen the avatar you have to portray your persona on this forum?
    Last edited by DanaJ; 10-22-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

tarty

only thing on me that is worth showing off is my legs so i dress to show them off and that means skirts that r cheek-a-boo

Having never been one who dressed tarty I can't answer for those who do. However since none of us grew up as girls I think it's fair to say some are going through what some teenage girls do with regard to fashion. Males just never got to play with image the way girls do and I think for some that's where the attraction lies. But for those who are further along the "transgender scale", it's more about blending in and not being noticed. You'll get as many answers here as there are CD's.

Interesting topic girls.

I recently read something that characterised this very thing.

Donna Reed or Donna Summer.

Definitely Donna Reed here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well sure

-but ,charlie..out and about in the boots Yer wearin' in the avatar... give most of us..a little "common sense credit" eh ?? xx"K"
    bedroom fantacy,,in the bedroom, no harm no foul eh?
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Charlie,

Just as a matter of information there are a lot of us (crossdressers I'm talking about here) who AREN'T attracted to the 'tarty' look. While I do like high heels (3 inches or so) and glamour length nails, my attraction is more towards the "classy" or "elegant" styles. Of course this preference isn't one that you'd necessarily run down to your local WalMart wearing so it's not practical in the everyday sense. And since I'm a closeted CD, very little of the clothes I have would BE appropriate for everyday wear.

As far as the ultimate look in femininity, this is what my personal tastes are.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    There's a variety of reasons, and each individual has their own set of reasons.

- A fetish for a particular kind of clothing, nails, make-up, etc.

- Wanting to look good/feel sexy. GGs do have a license to be exhibitionistic in ways that aren't really acceptable for men. (Of course, being expected to be on display isn't fun, but we're talking about acting out a fantasy.) Likewise, there aren't clothes (at least to us) that can be make one look/feel as sexy as women's clothes do to a GG. (You may find some form of male clothing just as sexy Charlie, but remember we're projecting our own male sexuality here.)

- Inexperience. As mentioned some of us only can let our femme selves out once in awhile and they're sort of like teenage GGs who are just discovering their womanhood and wear a bit too much make-up and clothes that are a bit too tight. Because most of us dress alone, we don't have parents to tell us "you're not going out dressed like that," nor fears of being labelled the school **** that cause most teenage GGs to tone things down.

- Envy/ambivalence about the power of women's sexuality holds over them. It's a way to "own" that power -- much as tribal people might don a lion skin to "own" its power. In a similar vein, GGs are usually the gatekeepers over how far a sexual encounter goes, so it's often a bit of wish-fulfillment, i.e. if I were a GG I'd never say no. (Easy to say when you don't have to worry about getting pregnant.)

- Accepting society's message that we're "perverts." If cross-dressing is "dirty" then I'll act out being the "dirty woman."

- Having a fetish is more acceptable to themselves than acknowledging gender discomfort. In other words, I'm dressing because it's sexual, not because I might have a feminine side.

While it's true there's definitely a group of Donna Summers and another group of Donna Reeds, it's not necessarily that clear cut. For many CDs, dressing often had a sexual component in their earlier years -- probably because many of us begin around puberty and it gets intertwined with our budding sexuality. Many of us find the sexual component because less important as we grow older, but it doesn't necessarily disappear. These days I generally dress to go out en femme, which means dressing to blend in, but I'll admit there are times when I stay home and dress for pleasure.
    Last edited by Marlena Dahlstrom; 10-23-2005 at 03:02 AM.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by charliegg
    Why is it that most crossdressers go for the absolute tart look. I'm talking long red nails, high heels, tarty clothes and make up. Do you class that as the ultimate in femininity? I'm intrigued because Katie loves all that.
    To be honest with you, it's kind of fun to look like a ****.

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Darla, once again you deliver the goods! I'm always so impressed with your straight-forward, honest, practical, and sincere comments.

I thought that for once, I'd be able to add to what you were saying, until I got to your last paragraph, and read what I intended to say. So let me reinforce that last point from my experience.

I started dressing up at age 12 in my mother's lingerie. Throughout puberty and adolescence, dressing up for arousal was all there was for me. When I was able to start buying my own lingerie, it was tarty and ****ty, again for the stimulation and this image I had of what I thought was sexual.

Over the years, the dressing for arousal has given way to dressing for a feminine experience. I'm so happy that things have shifted. I think that is why I experience a lot less guilt and shame about by CrossDressing now -- its not about arousal but about femininity.

Ok go on.. I'll admit it seeing as hardly anyone else has.. I am a tart at heart... Sure some of you would argue having seen some of the pics I have posted, but you aint seen how short my skirts are at home - sat here at night.. and most 'nice ladies' don't wear 5" heels.. so yes.. a tart.. Why?
    See above from Darla :
    "Because most of us dress alone, we don't have parents to tell us "you're not going out dressed like that," nor fears of being labelled the school **** that cause most teenage GGs to tone things down."
    Thats a good one for me... No one to tell me I can't.. so I do.

At some point, if the wife will allow, I'll get my PVC boots out and prove my point.. mmm going to take a drop full of courage me thinks ...
    SammyJo

I never dress tarty, I just don't like it, I very rarely wear heels above 4" and crotch reveiling skirts are a no no for me. I much prefer the smart casual look, a nice pair of shoes or boots with a pair of jeans, or a nice around knee length skirt, and a top that goes with the colour of the shoes, I usually leave my nails unpainted (pink or purple toe nails). I dress to blend in with girls my age group 20-30, so that I am more passable, and look more classy and elegant.

Hugs
    Amelia xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Darla Dahlstrom

- Having a fetish is more acceptable to themselves than acknowledging gender discomfort. In other words, I'm dressing because it's sexual, not because I might have a feminine side.

While it's true there's definitely a group of Donna Summers and another group of Donna Reeds, it's not necessarily that clear cut. For many CDs, dressing often had a sexual component in their earlier years -- probably because many of us begin around puberty and it gets intertwined with our budding sexuality. Many of us find the sexual component because less important as we grow older, but it doesn't necessarily disappear. These days I generally dress to go out en femme, which means dressing to blend in, but I'll admit there are times when I stay home and dress for pleasure.
    Absolutley agree. I started very young,and as I grew into puberty I thought this was purley a fetish thing, intertwined with my sexuality. I thought that since I wasn't sexual with anoybody that I was just acting out my Ideal women fantasy. Also time was a factor, if you don't have alot of alone time, I think we tend to cut to the chase so to speak.

After I admitted to myself that this "wasn't just a fetish" , I have found that these waters run very deep. After admitting to my self and working out what all this means, My therapist said that "fetishes are a front that we put up so that no one else sees whats really going on inside our heads". I have found that there is a femme side to my personality and that despite me always feeling that it is OK for men to express thier feelings, I had a very hard time not being a MANLY MAN. I guess that I have found out that I really dohave some gender issues, and sometimes am a girl.

Now don't get me wrong. There are times that I really enjoy the "tart" look, but they usually are sexual feeling of wanting to be the lusted after partner, and are usually manifestations of want "he" wants from my female partner. I really do enjoy the more femme clothing, the flirty skirts and tops, the confortable shoes, and just regular clothes like jeans etc. I have never allowed myself to experience this component to dressing, now that I have, I find that it is just very comfortable and makes me feel good deep down to see myself as an average women. So many clothes, so little time. I do not think I could ever go back. There is just more to it than sex.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Charlie,

While I don't regard it as an ultimate expression (that would be too simplistic), it is a fun persona to be. And, I have to admit, I am a tramp at heart!

Since most of my outings are in a club atmosphere, I've found that my choice of clothes are actually quite tame, compared to a lot of the other TG's and GG's that are out there. So, I would guess that I'm right on the middle ground, which is right where I want to be. (Even though sometimes, I try to be 'tastefully ****ty'! )

While I do have a pretty good fantasy wardrobe for more private times, slipping into my femme persona is always a blend of exploration, expression, fun, and just trying to stay out of trouble. Sometimes, that works better than others!

Ta-Ta,
    Billie:luvu:
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

I dress in the mood that I 'm in what is never tarty.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

it all depends on my mood. Yes i like the tarty thing but then again it is fun to look sophisticated and blend in
    But whatever lifts your skirt . Just enjoy . Nobody gets hurt and life is too regimented by people like Tony Blair and all thatpoluitically correct claptrap

Well thats my two bobs worth. Some will like it Some won,t but that's life
    LOL
    xx Dianne (anita)

I do not like the Tart look, just turns me & my Wife off.
    I do however like a little Exquisite-yet sexy look.
    In other words leave a little for the imagination, that in my mind is the ultimate in sex appeal.....
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]