Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Macy's Trying to Sell Me?

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar

Is Macy's Trying to Sell Me?

I have been a customer of Macy's for more years than I can remember. However, it was not until very recently (last couple of months) I started ordering female things online from them. It was always dress shirts and pants for work.

So, today, after paying my card online, I got an email from them thanking me for the payment. What is interesting is the picture that was in it. I think it is definitely a CDer.

I took a screenshot. You be the judge.

LOL I think you might have something there xD. She looks good though!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Ha ha LOL .... I see what I think you're seeing. Hummm ..... maybe.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Ejh umm well I'd need to see a slightly bigger picture . It could possibly be a GG maybe. Just remember they get models for how the clothes fit and not so much for the face. Now if they show [SIZE=2]Lady Chablis then you know they are going after you.
    [/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I have to agree that it does look a little bit like a CDer... lol. Though I doubt Macy's would go through the trouble of customizing their thank you messages beyond male and female.

I have been giving Macys a bashing lately.
    Took on the Seattle store today and bought a new fur lined hooded coat.
    Spent about 2 hours in drab as well.

Well there are a few TG models out there working, but they do womens wear and mens wear, not necessarily aiming at CD wear.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Whether the model is a GG or not, the pose and facial expression is clearly designed to create a question, and it has!

tina

Just as a GM in which like facial features and bone structure can lean toward femme (OMG....soooo lucky at birth lol), there are going to be those GG with some male characteristics and bone structure. I guess though the older each gets or wutever, the more we all start looking the same? I'd be so totally happy though to look like the picture.

How the heck did Macy's get my high school graduation picture! giggles.... Just kidding but I agree with all of you.

Wouldn't it be nice if a huge retailer like Macy's really feel it is not an issue to be CD.

It's amazing to see the bra reviews on Macys.com and discover how many of them are from men, as stated in the reviews.

Every time I see a woman in the media with some masculine features I thank my lucky stars. These are the people who put enough variety in the minds of observers to allow me to go out dressed and be successful at it.

As far as tailoring the ads for CDers, I'll remind you that a lot of married couples carry their accounts in the husband's name. Even if the husband never dons a dress, the dress bills are still in his name!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

It looks like it might be Tyra Sanchez, Season 1 winner of "RuPaul's Drag Race."

When I was doing a quick Web search, I came across something about a drag fashion show at Macy's that was a tie-in to the show.

I think you may be right, Jamie. Though a bigger picture would help me too!

Yes the facial structure and even the hair is very similar.
    That's pretty amazing. Very cool of Macy's to do that if it really is Tyra Sanchez. Could be a relative if not.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Macy's will help you select your perfect look with the help of special guests Tyra Sanchez, winner of "RuPaul's Drag Race

http://massresistance.org/docs/gen/1...eek/macys.html
    So yes they are trying to sell to you.
    Last edited by Niya W; 11-27-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

I'm impressed by Macy's. I'm not so impressed with the bigotry evident from Mass Resistance.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    unfortunately those mass holes web site had the best spread.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Actually, they are doing a pretty poor job of spreading their message. I thought that it was a LGBT site until I read the text closely! So nice of them to keep this positive event out there for us all to see!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I meant spread as reporting on the event. I thought it was pro TG at first.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Well, this is great. I didn't know about the crossdressing fashion shows they hold. I might have to show this to my wife (who is supportive).

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Anther web site trying to destroy the gay and trans community under the guise of protecting families

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    It's sad that they had the best coverage, but I'm still glad you shared the article.

Christi Sparks
    They get so much business from us. No wonder!!

Its crazy that they waste their time and energy trying to resist the homosexual and transgender community. Why be afraid of people just because they are different. Let them be petty. They can't stop the spread of acceptance and tolerance that has been spreading this generation. As more people are learning that its okay to be different and not to fear others for their differences.