Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So...I finally told my GF.

The sweetest story yet! You two are a novel, that should be written. forget about the 18 years of keeping a secret, and enjoy the future learning all about this side of each other, what a prefect match! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Well the least the mods here could do is add some music to this story, not that I need it to shed the tears of joy runniing down my face. Good luck to you both in the future. Keep the lines of communication open and all will be fine. Now, what did I do with Barbara Striesands' phone number........

This is great and my best wishes to both of you.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Very best wishes to both of you. I truly believe that there are many women out there who not only accept but genuinely enjoy a partner that can share and express this part of herself. Its not always easy to find each other, and sometimes, as in your case, the biggest obstacle is that fear of rejection that all of us (CD or not) have inside. So glad that the two of you stayed in touch and finally overcame that last obstacle.

If this is fact and not fiction, can't wait for the book!

What a great story. I am so glad you shared. I am extremely happy for the both of you.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Oh My goodness, I love it when a love stories unfolds right in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by CloserthanthisGG View Post
    You know I've always loved you, my darling. I loved you as a skater boy, as a brash headstrong young man, as an adult man, and as a woman. I love who you are no matter who you are. I posted on my intro earlier how incredibly exciting this all is, and all of the amazing adventures we will have! This is exactly what I've always wanted, and I do wish you would have told me sooner, but fate has led us here where we are for a reason. I know you don't believe in fate, but I think you're starting to. Had we not been through what we had separately, each time we've been apart, we would not have been ready for each other when we came back together. Time will tell whether the pain was worth it, but I am starting to think it was... Can't wait till I see you again!

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes, with the exception of one who feels it may be fiction, that is. I would have never had told her without having read all of the inspirational and moving stories from so many of you. This forum has been such a blessing, I am so happy I found it!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How wonderful for u, Lisia!
    However, I can't help wondering WHY she's so excited about dressing u up? Does it turn her on? Is she possibly bi or bi curious? Does she want to turn u into her own "living doll"? What has she been up to the last 18 years?

WARNING FOR ALL! Learn from Lisia's experience! NEVER tell anyone, "I have something very important to tell u"! Unless you're going to do it immediately! Saying that simply increases the tension for u both!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We were not out of touch for the entire 18 years, and being turned on definitely is part of it. As to the other questions, I think I will let my lovely gf reply to them. All I will say is that I love her, trust her completely, and want to spend the rest of my life with her.
    Last edited by Lisia; 11-28-2011 at 09:09 PM.

That is a great story. I wish you both a wonderful future.

Rock on girl! Just goes to show ya there are gg's out there that really enjoi us! Make sure she knows just how rare and special she is.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    However, I can't help wondering WHY she's so excited about dressing u up? Does it turn her on? Is she possibly bi or bi curious? Does she want to turn u into her own "living doll"? What has she been up to the last 18 years?
    Yeow! This sounds exactly like when a GG finds out her SO likes to dress. "Why?" "Why do you?" I thought I was the cynic. Maybe she just loves Lisia and the clothing and the interaction is just part of loving her. I am glad I didn't worry about when the other shoe would drop in my relationship. It may not have turned out the way I planned it but the ride was well worth it.

Lisia remember the old song...."Sha la lala lala ...live for today." Tomorrow holds it's own surprises and you don't get re-rides
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well, I must add my congratulations to the two of you as well and that you are most fortunate to have found one another... not for Amanda's acceptance of Lisia's TG life, or Lisia's courage in being truthful with Amanda, but but for having a mutual love of one another and the ability to accept each other for who you are and not for who you would like them to be. With the attitudes you are both bringing into this relationship, you can expect to be happily together for many, many years!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

All the best, you really have a Golden Girl there !!!
    Ginger

Just think, if you had been born in the fifties there's a big chance that you would have kept the secret your whole life. Congratulations on coming out and I wish you both a wonderful life together.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    How wonderful for u, Lisia!

WARNING FOR ALL! Learn from Lisia's experience! NEVER tell anyone, "I have something very important to tell u"! Unless you're going to do it immediately! Saying that simply increases the tension for u both!

Oh, but Sherry, there are many many reasons that I love it!

I have a clothes fetish, I suppose you could say... I am not a fashionista, I do not follow trends... but I love all things womanly in every part of dress. I love and collect real silk stockings and fully fashioned nylons. I love vintage shoes and dresses from the 30's and 40's. I get excited about corsets and bras and underwear... I love the ritual of dressing, of presenting yourself as something beautiful, as art. I love becoming, for a while, something different. It's why I got into Live Action Role Playing games, and appreciate cosplay. But I have found over my decades, that dressing up (my absolute favorite pastime... I don't even own a TV!) is more like bringing out another aspect within yourself than it is like pretending to be something different.

I have closets full of costuming pieces. I love renaissance festivals, and go to plays mostly for the costuming. I love Halloween and theme weeks at work that allow dressing up. I will dress as a man or a woman, and usually no one will recognize me. But they're all pieces of me. They're all things I want to be and admire in some way. The Ani Difranco song "31 flavours" comes to mind...

That being said... I do not want to make Lisia a "living doll" at all. I want to help the man I love become discover and become more comfortable with all of the pieces inside of him, be they masculine or feminine. I want to make love to all of them. I have yet to see him dressed in person as a woman... only over skype... but when I see him, I see another side... I realize now I was seeing it before too.. It's difficult to explain, but it's part of why I had asked him several times over the past 18 years to wear a dress for me. I have some level of empathy and I saw something in him that maybe needed to be brought out, something uncomfortable but unnecessarily so.

I have long been vocal about how I think that it is unfair and unfortunate that those who are born male are not allowed by society to openly express so many aspects of what must be natural instincts of any human who has any sort of emotion, including the manner in which they are allowed to acceptably dress. Seeing a room full of polo shirts actually makes me angry or sad. I believe that the articles people choose to adorn themselves say so much about who they are and It is so hard for me to imagine that so many people would have so little to say about themselves.

Except for maybe some fantasies and role playing in the bedroom that I may be planning for the next weekend I visit, I do not wish to choose what Lisia may wear. Only offer advise and experience and opinions. I want to see what Lisia may have to say to me about herself by herself. It's much more interesting that way I think.

But to answer your questions: Seeing the man I love wearing sexy underthings is ABSOLUTELY a turn on. I'm sure in the exactly the same way that seeing me in them is a turnon for him... Because my choice in wearing a VS lacy silky panty and giving him a peek shows entirely where my mind is and what I'm after. Just like my eye contact while doing so would say the same thing. I am very remarkably visually stimulated for a woman, and there is quite unfortunately no male equivalent to a VS bra and panty set. I have no boundaries set in my mind that say that the man I love can't wear something that is sexy and feel as sexy as I do in it. I am totally IN LOVE with the idea of us both being able to express these things in such new ways to each other now!! And talk about them... and send pictures... *GIGGLE*

Also, I have considered myself bi for a very long time. But none of my relationships with men or women ever worked out long term. With most men, there was just something missing. With women, well, I just love the man parts to much. There's just nothing like it the real thing. But I also love the boobies. I now think I realize what was missing the whole time. Lisia and I are just too complicated to settle for something simple.

Also, In Lisia's defense... When we had that conversation, it wasn't presented over the phone as "something urgent", it was more like "I have a secret that I want to share with you that no one in the world knows... but it needs to be in person. Remind me when you get here"... so really, it was just to commit to the idea of telling me while over the phone because he knew he would chicken out once I got there, and if he said "i have a secret I want to share with you" there was no way I wasn't going to bring it up repeatedly... hahahhha! But it worked out well I think.

Apologies for the long post, but that was fun! Much love to all reading this!

Dear god. I love this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Maybe she just loves Lisia and the clothing and the interaction is just part of loving her. I am glad I didn't worry about when the other shoe would drop in my relationship. It may not have turned out the way I planned it but the ride was well worth it.
    It has taken me all of my 34 years to understand the wisdom and truth of that statement. You are so right, life is an amazing adventure and is so beautiful even with all its pain. I worry a lot about things... but I am so trying to be able to just let go of the worries.

There is so much more to the story. It really should be a book, I think... But we are both appreciative of the time we have. And maybe, if there is re-incarnation, we'll be crickets or butterflies next time and still find each other somehow.

Hmm, is it still Pink Fog if both parties have it?

Congratulations to you both. It sounds like you have a great adventure ahead!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Hmm, is it still Pink Fog if both parties have it?

Congratulations to you both. It sounds like you have a great adventure ahead!

Eryn

HA! I love this. Thank you, and I believe you are correct!

One in three women experience domestic violence in some form. For many such women, the idea of a nice sweet gentle man in very attractive. They may have bisexual desires or fantasies as well. The irony is that they may be scared to death to approach a man and ask him to dress, because they are afraid he will be threatened. Some men may get so threatened that they actually get violent. Meanwhile, CD and TG men often first try dressing when they are very young, and are verbally, emotionally, and physically abused.

Sadly, many couples can go years tap dancing around each other, wishing they could be honest with their partners, and scared to death that they will hurt each other. Sometimes, when the truth does come out, the anger is not the dressing, but at how long they suffered worrying only to find out that it's what their partners wanted all along.

Unfortunately, many TGs overcompensate to protect themselves. They get bullied for being a "sissy", so they beef up, body building, acting extra macho, trying to be more masculine, and trying to hide all traces of their TG or CD desires, compartmentalizing their lives. They manage to attract a woman who is drawn to the masculine persona, and reinforce it. After months, years, or even decades, they FINALLY reveal their hidden identities - and wonder why their wives aren't terribly accepting.

A beautiful story and congrats to you both!

You know, the more I read the more I can understand why the two if you have been on and off for years. I truly do believe in souulmates...it can take a lifetime for you to find that person, and unfortunately, many do not. It is clear that the two of you belong together, need each other, and most imoportantly ARE each others soulmate...

Welcome to the club....

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    One in three women experience domestic violence in some form. For many such women, the idea of a nice sweet gentle man in very attractive. They may have bisexual desires or fantasies as well. The irony is that they may be scared to death to approach a man and ask him to dress, because they are afraid he will be threatened. Some men may get so threatened that they actually get violent. Meanwhile, CD and TG men often first try dressing when they are very young, and are verbally, emotionally, and physically abused.

Sadly, many couples can go years tap dancing around each other, wishing they could be honest with their partners, and scared to death that they will hurt each other. Sometimes, when the truth does come out, the anger is not the dressing, but at how long they suffered worrying only to find out that it's what their partners wanted all along.

Unfortunately, many TGs overcompensate to protect themselves. They get bullied for being a "sissy", so they beef up, body building, acting extra macho, trying to be more masculine, and trying to hide all traces of their TG or CD desires, compartmentalizing their lives. They manage to attract a woman who is drawn to the masculine persona, and reinforce it. After months, years, or even decades, they FINALLY reveal their hidden identities - and wonder why their wives aren't terribly accepting.
    Wow, this whole post makes so much sense. Yes, I do agree with all of this. There was abuse in my past, and I've always been attracted to men who are softer, or women. I try to be as open of a book as possible though, because I hate to think that I'm wasting any part of my life... Thanks for sharing this.

I'm trying. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to be a little wordy so one big post takes up all of my evening. heheheh....
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-30-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Multiquoting is not permitted. Also, second quoted comment was deleted by OP and therefore must be deleted from your post.