Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Items you wish you had not gotten rid of

All, and I mean ALL my shoes!!!!!!

A pair of black patent leather Stilleto shoes (went in the rubbish with everything else). Did it as part of my move from Auckland to Christchurch last year. New start and time to dump the "silly hobby". Stupid thing was my wife and I were appart for about 5 months during that time (she was in chch with her parents while I finished painting the house for sale) and I could have lived enfemme for months had I known ho liberating it was/is.

Damn do I miss those shoes, classy and sexy. Havent been able to find some to replace them at a price I can afford, but I have been watching some black leather knee length boots that might dull the pain on TradeMe (NZ version of Ebay).

Heather

Many items, but especially some very sheer items from Fredericks. Black lingerie is something that I'll never throw away again.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Chewies sister-moulted!
    A pair of lace up leather knee boots ..... purged in denial .
    But the worst , the very greatest regret was my hair . It was like Robert Plants .......... stupid , stupid ,stupid !!!!

I, like many of my sisters have purged several times. The most serious losses have involved jewelry and precious gowns. I lost beautiful rings, necklaces and bracelets along with golden earrings and gorgious bridesmaids gowns. Finally, I lost my most favorite wig in my last purge. I have never found a replacement for it.

A denim pinnafore dress.
    I guessed at the size in the shop - and guessed right! It fitted perfectly and was very comfy.
    Sadly it went in one of my purges

Nicola

A really pretty black and pink bra, panty and garter set I bought about 3 years ago. It went with part of my last great purge. Even my wife said I was a fool when I told her I was a crossdresser.

Anna

To all those who SHOES OH MY GOD I MISS MY SHOES...yes, that. Though I am planning on going shopping this weekend to get my first pair of heels since the big purge. Really excited. I've had my eye on a cute pair of black ankle boots.
    I am not who you think I am

Oh YES !

Of course I do not condone stealing, but I was 11 through 15 and I confess that the urge to dress was greater than any notions that I was 'stealing'. (panty-raid mentality) A decade later I am not rationalizing or excusing; It was what it was.

So to the question - My very first purge, at age 15, when I was going to 'grow up' and forget all that dressing up like a girl nonsense. My sister is three years older than me, and her clothes fit me perfectly. There was no need to steal what I could borrow from the bedroom next to mine. As for the others . . . Many of my first clothes were stolen from a cousin, and others from sisters of school friends.
    I wanted to emulate the way that they looked, and so I wanted to wear their things.

It wasn't just the physical item, but the particular girl and how I got them. I remember every single skirt and panty and there was a story for every garment. I regret the loss of those more than anything. There were times when I would be actually wearing a girl's things underneath my male clothes,(usually panties) while standing talking with her.

Those first purged items that I regret loosing the most would include my first pleated skirt and first full slip.

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_Xdress View Post
    It wasn't just the physical item, but the particular girl and how I got them. I remember every single skirt and panty and there was a story for every garment. I regret the loss of those more than anything. There were times when I would be actually wearing a girl's things underneath my male clothes,(usually panties) while standing talking with her.
    OK, so I know you were young then and are past all that now, but reading your post brings up a question. If you had had your own money from mowing lawns for example, and if you had lived near public transportation, would it have been as exciting to go to a Walmart and get a pack of $3.00 panties? Or was part of the thrill knowing that you were wearing the panties of a girl you knew, as if you were appropriating her persona somehow, as best as a 15 year old could?

I'm not slamming, just really trying to understand.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    I think that the animal absorbs/senseses some thing with more than just its unsopiscated nose ,and it "sets " a presadent.
    I fear that used panties and anythig a womans has soaked with her sweat are a snare and a delusion for a hetro,male.

Silver Member
    One thing I notice on these purge threads is that members talk about wishing they had old outfits back. Styles change! Even buying clasic outfits they eventually go out of style. It often seems like we are holding onto things that should be tossed. Why would you regret losing a cheerleader outfit that most girls ditch after gradualtion?

My daughter and wife have purged closets full of clothes as styles change. They have taught me to do it. We used to have meetings and vote on what to purge. Yes there are times that vintage clothes come back, but lets get real. Storage costs more than they are worth. I've learned my lesson over the years. I now purge things that I shouldn't, won't or don't like wearing anymore.

I think many of us are hoarders of the obsolete. A few great things are better than a closet full of rejects from the past.

Like most I have purged a few times thru my life but the thing I really miss the most was a beautiful pair of peeps black high heels. I have never been able to find a pair quite like them since. Of course there was a few pair of dresses I would love to have back, no more purges I plan on keeping all my things from now on. Those shoes were beautiful.

Reine:

In answer to your questions, no it was not the same when buying a $3:00 pack of panties from WalMart when 11 thru 15.

I’m sorry if I didn’t explain well. I did state that, “I wanted to emulate the way they looked, and so I wanted to wear their things”. For example when I watched the girls in class at school and being fascinated by the seemingly automatic way girls smoothed their skirts/dresses under them as they sit. I wanted to look like that, and experience the sensation of that. Some girls had a way of standing, a shy way of picking at their dress while talking, I found it to be very girly behavior. I wanted to emulate it.
    And so yes. In my mind there was an element of appropriating some of her persona if I wore her clothing. I had seen that skirt move around her legs and very much wanted to experience that sensation and the look and feel like her.

Later of course we develop our own persona, which is an amalgamation of whatever may have influenced us.

Hope this helps,

Susan

The one Item I really wish I never would have gotten rid of was a Pretty Medium Blue Dress, it had a high neck with ruffles are the neckline like a victorian top and had a lond back zipper and 1/2 length sleeves, it also had ruffles around the sleeve cuffs and fro the shoulders down to the waist in a diaginal direction and a full skirt. The skirt was knee length and the skirt was tiered. It was a wonderful Dress to be Zipped into. I had some wonderful times in that dress witch includes one time, my now xwife had me wear it and we went to Wal-Mart. It was the first time out in public in girls clothes and the first time I was called a Lady bu the Lady at Wal-Mart front door. It was a day dressed as a girl without it being halloween. Another time I went out with the X and her girlfriend for a girl long drive. I was Great. then there was the time I went to a halloween party with the x dressed in the dress and my x had on a Pink dress. We parked down the street from the party and we walked up to the the party. As we approched the party there were people out on the porch and the guys started whistling at us, then we walked up to the house and they seen I was a guy, well they knew me as as a guy and it was the first time they seen me in a dress. I had a Great time that night too as there was anothewr guy dressed as a girl, he had on his sisters Skirt, Bra, and white girls blouse and multi-color staight wig with like Icicle hair. Then there was the time I went to a bar dressed as a girl on halloween and got to stand with the girls. Guys were looking at me. It was a Greeat Dress and I hated getting rid of it, but I did to prove to my X wife that I would do anything for her, but it did not matter, she was and had been cheating on me for years. Anyway I loved that dress and I have never found another one like it and oh yea, I have been looking for all these years.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_Xdress View Post
    And so yes. In my mind there was an element of appropriating some of her persona if I wore her clothing. I had seen that skirt move around her legs and very much wanted to experience that sensation and the look and feel like her.

Later of course we develop our own persona, which is an amalgamation of whatever may have influenced us.

Hope this helps,
    I've just not thought of how it begins to form for a young boy, and so yes, it does help Susan. Thanks for explaining it.
    Reine