Thread: Getting rite to the point! Is it or isn't it?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Getting rite to the point! Is it or isn't it?

Fun for u, that is!

For me and many others, dressing gives us great joy, satisfaction, stress relief, a distraction from the "real world", and maybe just some plain old FUN!

However, I know for others it is a constant battle! Maybe adding endless complications to an already difficult life? More of a nitemare than a sexy dream.

What is dressing for U, mostly? Good times or bad times? WHY!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    It's always good and always fun. I love the transformation process and the mini-fashion show I have to go through to choose an outfit. It's pure satisfaction.

Always fun for me, the best of the best escapes
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Nothing but positive experience for me! I guess it comes from cding to unwind/relax/make myself feel sexy. Though it sometimes feels a little lonely being closeted and not really having the desire to get anyone i know involved.

Definitely good times! Sure there are complications (does this go with that?) but they are different and interesting. An evening out is like a vacation from my drab reality!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm in a reletively terrific situation. My wife is encouraging (she just go her hair cut to match Tina's wig style!), and I have the luxury to let my male side handle life's stress so Tina (that high-maintenance girl) is free to enjoy herself. Having said that, Tina is a tremendous challenge and a logistical nightmare, but it's an enjoyable challenge and one I hope to enjoy for the rest of my life!

Of course it's fun! It makes me feel good and free, and is a tremendous stress reliever! For example, I'd not dressed in 10 or 11 months until this past weekend. I also happen to play guitar, but lately I've been having a hard time playing with much fluidity or emotion. Hard to describe, but the notes just weren't flowing right. Fast forward to Monday, after I'd spent the night in nothing but a babydoll, I woke up and picked up the guitar, and had my best session in weeks. What a relief!

Of course, sometimes it can be associated with suckiness, like when I realize that I generally have to confine it to my apartment, or when I have a frustrating session of trying to makeup-nipulate my face into proper feminine order, or when I get outbid on a pair of shoes on ebay that I've just got to have. But that's all pretty transient, so I can hardly even count it!

Definitely a good thing for me, Sherry! I love being Marleena.

Really a good thing for me too. It makes me feel free and happy like nothing else can. Not in a sexual way, but more like a bird that has just been freed from the cage.

For me now it is fun and satisfying, I guess it always has been. But until just recently when I've accepted it for being a part of myself and talking to my wife it was also filled with complications and was an internal struggle for me. So much better accepting it and being open.

That being said circumstances are such that for the next 6 months or so it will be harder to let the girl out. So even though it is fun and satisfying, I guess it is now also complicated and a struggle, just different struggles and complications.

AnitaH

It's all good. I have love, support and acceptance of a wonderful wife...it doesn't get any better than that. I'm evolving as Diana and it's a wonderful experience that I hope continues.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I strive to keep my crossdressing only for good fun times, except for the rare occurencies such as attending at Transgender Day of Remembrance vigils and my friend's wake ceremony.
    The reason: things tend to be more satisfying when there is a natural smile, and especially when a good chuckle is included
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 11-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Being new, I am very much n the wonderment phase. You girls are keeping it fun for me right now even though the dark moments are out there.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

You know Sherry if it was not such a blast I would not be a crossdresser. But what is a bigger blast is to be able to share it all with everyone here.

Michelle

For me it is fun,comfortable and just plain who I am!
    Feel's great and right!
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Gold Member
    I like to keep my life positive and this certainly is that. I enjoy my time enfemme in every way. I have found complete acceptance (so far). Life is far too short to continue to do things that make your life less happy. I know we all have our things that cause a negative impact in our life. But as much as I can, I eliminate that stuff. Dressing certainly isn't negative to me.

Mostly good for me Sherry. Wasn't always this way
    Iv'e found the right niche in my life for this part of me.
    I'm comfortable with who I am.

It's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_cder View Post
    Always fun for me, the best of the best escapes
    I think Danielle, said it all, it is time i look forward to: and lets me feel the way i alway want to see my self.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Hiya Doc,

My dressing does virtually the same things for me that you listed in your “explanation” statement. I do not experience any trauma, drama, confusion, frustration or mental distress whatsoever. I do not predict that I will in the future.

Here is why…
    I have done enough research to satisfy my curiosity about the psychological etiology behind my desires to CD. Is was no great surprise to understand that it involves coping strategies adopted to compensate for some unresolved psychological trauma during childhood attributable to an emotionally vacant and critically abusive father.

I believe that we typically look back at our past with some objective in mind, whether it is a conscious or unconscious one.

I’ve noticed that the typical objectives of many others appears to either be a search for someone or something to assign “blame” for their current status in life, or an attempt to “change the past”. This often involves excessive negative “rumination” about past events that takes the form of “if only this or that did/didn’t happen…or…I/they could have/should have/would have” scenarios…as if changing their past is possible…and even if it was possible…assume that it would somehow have magically made their current status in life turn out “better”.

I believe that excessive negative rumination (trying to “change the past”) and/or assigning “blame” is a dysfunctional exercise of searching for outside excuses for not taking responsibility for your own life and controlling what happens “tomorrow.”

I have a different objective when looking back into my past. My objective is to simply understand past issues in relationship to how they influenced the path I followed to become what I am now. (And use that understanding to make the best possible choices I can, today) It is a strategy that simply helps me to always accept responsibility for my current status in life, regardless of who or what “caused” it. All of that other “thinking” is irrelevant to the fact that I still “own” the responsibility for accepting who I am today…and deciding what I will do as that person going forward.

I happen to agree with your “philosophy” in the two questions you propose in your “signature”… (About the “6 months to live…)” That is exactly the choice I made early in my life & I have done exactly that my entire life…so far, so good!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

for me its a combination joy fun satisfaction ... and lots of self admiration in front of the mirror when i finish dressing up

It is definitely fun for me. That being said, I also believe that there are negative impacts too. Like, spending too much on clothes that I do not need, occupying way too much of my time like how much time I spend on this site, letting other daily or periodic tasks slip or be ignored as I concentrate on this side of me. And the list goes on .....

Doc,

Even though I try to dress for part of every day and have been doing so for several years, it is still all of the above for me nad gets moreso. BTW, "shemeleon" is a great word!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    Dressing for me is an escape from all the troubles and problems in life. I know they still exist, but when I am Renee I just feel more relaxed and separated away from all that the guy me has to deal with.

I find it fun and a chance to try and make myself look good. I consider myself just an average guy, one who doesn't stand out in a crowd, not the best looking, not the worst looking, just average. Renee gives me the opportunity to become someone special in my eyes.

Mostly good for me. I just wish they could make some sexy shoes I could wear while doing roofing or plumbing. Those darn heels get caught in everything.

Dressing for me is trying to create the prettiest, most glamorous, and sexiest image in the mirror as I possible can. Of course, I alone am the one who defines pretty, glamorous, and sexy, and I alone am the judge of my efforts. And it most certainly is different than what others may think. Nothing excites me more when I nail it.