Thread: Oh for crying out loud...NERVOUS?!?

Oh for crying out loud...NERVOUS?!?

When I was younger, I went out as Josie fairly regularly. Then, I got married and started a family and, although my wife has known of my dressing since before we were married (on a related note...worst possible movie to see with your future wife after coming out to her has got to be "The Silence of the Lambs"), I kinda put Josie on the back burner when I went into "family mode".

Well, that turned out to be a mistake. For better or worse, Josie is a part of who I am and I can't just shut her off. I've hooked up with a local group and am planning to go out as Josie for the first time in a long time.......and I'm nervous about it....and it's [expletive deleted]-ing me off

It was such a process to learn to accept this part of myself....I wish being Josie was not such a big deal....but I guess I'm back to worrying about the [another expletive deleted]'s that can't accept Josie as she is....

annoyed with myself right now....
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Take a deep breath ........ slowly let it out ...... repeat until chilled. Then go and have a good time.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

CHILL, CHILL OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take your time with this project, It will take time!!
    Good news don't happen overnite.
    Your kids will understand with time, AND explainn on your part!
    Mine did and still works with me on areas that need help

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Josie, you are a very good looking girl. So do what Kelly and Jamie have said, and CHILL OUT and go out into the public!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by JosieCD View Post
    When I was younger, I went out as Josie fairly regularly. Then, I got married and started a family and, although my wife has known of my dressing since before we were married...I kinda put Josie on the back burner when I went into "family mode".
    So many similarities to what I went through...

When I was younger, I went out as Sara fairly regularly. Then, I got married and started a family and, although my wife has known of my dressing since before we were married...I kinda put Sara on the back burner when I went into "family mode".

I took an "out & about" break in 1997. Then sometime in the mid-2000's, I started venturing out again. This was pretty much solo but things really came together when I reacquainted myself with a San Diego TG support/social group in December of 2006. The rest is history, I have made so many lasting friendships since which enrich my life.

Easier said than done at this point but do your best to accept yourself and know that the steps you are taking to reacquaint yourself with the outside world are likely to be very happy ones. Try not to be annoyed, go out and have a blast!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Outing was un-eventful but very public, especially given how long it's been. In the future though, I need to give myself more time to change...felt kinda rushed and discombobulated getting ready...but that may have more to do with me being out of it for so long. (or maybe because I brought three outfits to the hotel thinking I'd just "decide when I got there" )
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Quote Originally Posted by JosieCD View Post
    Outing was un-eventful but very public, especially given how long it's been. In the future though, I need to give myself more time to change...felt kinda rushed and discombobulated getting ready...but that may have more to do with me being out of it for so long. (or maybe because I brought three outfits to the hotel thinking I'd just "decide when I got there" )
    Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz i've always wondered how to spell that word.

You look good and i'm sure others thought so too. I'm really glad for you that you had a good time.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)