Thread: Ear rings and Christmas

Ear rings and Christmas

My So and I have a tradition of exchanging a small present on "Old Christmas" which is January 6th. Its a tradition from her family and I love it. So, the other night I asked her to give me (pay for) piereced ears for Old Christmas. She agreed! It was not surprising as she has supported/encouraged me to do this for months. She is not 100% supportive of my blossoming female side but she has been steady on wanting me to get my ears pierced so I am gonna bite the bullet and do it. The only part I am worried about is the first couple months leaving a stud or something in as I do work and live most of my life male at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to hide the fact that they have peirced, especially while the studs have to be in. I am planning to get the clear studs from Claire's and try to use concealor to hide them even more. I would love to hear any suggestions, and I have decided not to order a few specatacular pairs of clip ons I have had my on my wish list and just go for it.

Can I suggest that you just go for it and wear (discreet) earrings in male mode, at least until they are healed? There are very few professions or situations left where it is a problem for men to wear earrings anymore. You may have to put up with a few quick verbal jabs or sincere questions for the first few days, but interest in them will wane very rapidly. Outside of your immediate family and work colleagues, nobody will care at all or say anything (unless you're wearing especially attractive earrings, of course).

Going "stealth" with pierced ears requires a great deal of work and sometimes encourages you to be handling and changing earrings before your ears are really healed well, opening you up to the possibility of infection or injury to the site. If that happens, you've got a more obvious appearance flaw than if you just sucked it up and wore your earrings from the beginning.

- Diane

I agree with everything Diane said. I had mine peireced last year just before Christmas and only got a few comments that were negative. Most people said they thought I had always had them. I live in a redneck community and expected a lot of ribbing. I ride a Harley and have long hair so I tell them it was the ears or a tattoo. Wish I had gotten them done a long time ago.
    Danielle

All I can say when you try to hide them it becomes more obvious. Get them clear or with a diamond or a small gold ball. Society has progressed that it is not unnormal for a male to have earrings anymore. Over a few year period I ended up with 3 on my bottom left ear and two on my right sade bottoms and even had one on the top of my left ear. I never heard a word about them other than when I tried to waer bigger hoops. now most of the time I wear a medium hoop in my lower holes with smaller hoops in the others. I love to wear dangling earings or bigger hoops when in fem mode. Clip ons do not do justice and they pinch and can be uncomfortable. If your wife is okay with it then just go for it and act like you have had them in for years and maybe only a few close to you will even mention it.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I had mine done 2 years ago. Go with the standard 3/8 to 1/2 stainless captive ball ring. They are comfortable to sleep with and easy to keep clean. Posts can be difficult to sleep with. Don't try to hide it. It may take some time to overcome being self conscious, after a while you wont even care. Find a good piercing studio that does needle piercing. Needle piercing done by professionals is done with 1 use equipment and will more sanitary. Good luck

I had mine done years ago. I did one at a time and when it healed i took that one out and did the other side. Now i have two holes in each side but only wear one while working. Not one word was said about it. So just go for it especially if your girlfriend wants you to. Enjoy the feeling. Have a Fem day. Michelle

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I had mine done last year and I work in a Male dominated office, No one ever said a word about the gold studs
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    No one will give a crap about it after the first day you show them off. As the old advertising adage goes: if you can't hide it, feature it. When asked why, tell them you thought it would be cool.

Apart from wearing plasters over them there is not much you can do to completely hide them so i would not bother as you may get a few comments on the first day then after that people are use to seeing you with them and will not bother about it . They feel more conspicuous than they actually look .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I did my ears some 20 years ago and back then our interests had to be protected so I came up with the idea of using clear fishing line which did the job perfectly, you might want to consider that. Good Luck and Happy Holidays
    Ginger

Arrow Re: Ear rings and Christmas

Had my first set of piercings in both ears about 20 years ago. Worked mostly with males. First day remarks made were 'you had your ears pierced'. I said yea I have been wanting to have my ears pierced for a few years. Nothing more said. Only negative comment was from my mother, she didn't think males should have pierced ears. She does not have pierced ears herself. But said to her I wanted to have my ears pierced for a few years. After that she said nothing more. Had a second piercing in both ears 15 years ago, about a quarter of a inch above the first set.

Just do them. No-one will care (: If anyone asks, say you wanted your ears pierced. It's 2011.

I would echo the sentiments of anyone who says don't try to cover them up. Unless your job involves you staying at least 50 feet away from your co-workers at all times, someone will notice that you've got dabs of concealer on your ears. Besides, they need to heal, and if you've got them covered in goo, they can't breathe, bacteria will fester, etc. If you get an infection and lose your ear, I guarantee that that's something you'll be explaining for a long time!

Really, don't worry. Do what you want (:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Don't try to hide it....that only makes it more obvious.
    In my work we were restricted from wearing earrings (males that is), but I did it anyway and got the one ear done. For 2 days no one noticed it. Then I was told by management that I had to remove it or cover it and I chose to cover it while it healed. Immediately on of my customers saw the tiny bandaid over the earring and asked "What happened to your ear?". When I told her, she just said, "that's stupid". Well, now the policy has changed and I can have both ears pierced and I do....twice. I only wear diamond studs to work, but I love not having to remove or cover them.
    As for co-workers...no one said a word at all.

If you try to hide it you will make it more obvious and if you remove it too soon then it may take longer to heal. Wear them and be proud. Just say, "I always wanted to do it and I did". No other reason is owed.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I had mine pierced a week after Father's Day and I haven't gotten a single comment from anybody. In male mode I still wear the small gold ball studs used to pierce the ears. Contrary to another posters suggestion my Dr. recommended having them by a salon that uses the piercing gun, she said that most of the problems they see come from people who had their ears pierced in a tattoo parlor with a needle. It is very important to follow the recommended cleaning and disinfecting regimen. Where I had mine done they gave me a bottle of disinfectant and a sheet of instructions and except for some minor discomfort the first couple of nights I had no problems. My only regret to date is that I didn't do it years ago. BTW, I love the huge selection of feminine earrings now available to me and pierced earrings are ever so much more comfortable for all day wearing than are clamp-on earrings.
    Babs

I had mine periced over 30 years ago at Wal-mart! I had no problems then! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Getting mine done as soon as I can, wife said do it. I am so uexcited about it i can't wait. I have had people say oh' Ithought your eyers were pierce, so when they are I don't think anybody will notice.