Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would most men CD under the right circumstances

Gold Member
    I think you have to separate being a Crossdresser with putting something on. This isn't necessarily the same thing. And without getting into another terminology battle, I believe a lot of guys will put something on to get lucky, get a laugh, for a costume for the attention, or a variety of other things. Some do it while acting and they aren't "crossdressers". So my answer is yes, it is all about motivation being greater than fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I think you have to separate being a Crossdresser with putting something on. This isn't necessarily the same thing. And without getting into another terminology battle, I believe a lot of guys will put something on to get lucky, get a laugh, for a costume for the attention, or a variety of other things. Some do it while acting and they aren't "crossdressers". So my answer is yes, it is all about motivation being greater than fears.
    I think this is a good point..

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Those who think that most men would CD if no one would ever find out are in my opinion absolutely wrong. It is just not something they think about. Would we be surprised if we knew how many men secretly do it? Probably, but it sure wouldn't be anywhere near "most" men. Cross dressing is NOT fun for most people. (outside of a special event) My roomie, (GG) doesn't think it's fun, my best friend (GG) doesn't think it's fun, hell, I'm a damn tranny and I still don't think it's fun. I never got that "kick" that CDrs describe out of dressing up like a girl. (and that really messed with my head)

Now, would most guys put on a garter or a bra at the request of a hot new chick who they find themselves alone with? I would say yes, but that's hardly cross dressing and they wouldn't do it again, unless it was requested again. Men will do almost anything for sex though.

I've dated men off and on for 20+ years now and I have never encountered one that was wearing, or liked to wear panties or something along those lines, and those guys were GAY! (I wasn't but they were) ;-)

Cross dressing is a symptom of something else (mostly) and I just don't think "most" men have that something else in them.
    ...and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I think that a lot would wear at least one item of feminine clothing, providing it was strictly temporary and would increase their social standing in some way. For a bet, to take part in a charity run or something like that. The more outlandish and obviously fake the better. It would definitely not have to have any negative effect on their perceived masculinity, particularly amongst their friends. Having said all that, I wouldn't call it CDing under those circumstances (although, to be pedantic, it is).
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Melissa, I agree. The guys I know are way to homophobic and likely think they would turn gay if they even tried on a pair of panties.
    It has to be something you are born with at least a predisposition for.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

I would place a bet that 90 percent of males have tried on female clothes at some point in life. It would be a great survey question. I think crossdressers are the filtered group that liked it enough to explore further.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    I would place a bet that 90 percent of males have tried on female clothes at some point in life. It would be a great survey question. I think crossdressers are the filtered group that liked it enough to explore further.
    I think you would lose that bet. Even factoring in the number of men that have done it for a laugh, or dressed like a 'woman' for Hallowe'en, or some other 'laughable' situation, it wouldn't be a very high percentage. However, there's no way to get an accurate figure, because less than half of those asked in a survey would answer truthfully, anyway!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Gee I fall within my description as a normal male and lookie I wear female clothing without it being a bet.... So YES WAY!!!!!!!
    Maybe you need to re-examine your definition of "normal". Because I can guarantee you that NORMAL men have zero desire to wear female clothing.

Crossdressing has always had a sexual component for me, but honestly I never thought of myself as a crossdresser when younger. The only thing I did as an adolescent was to try on some panties, slips, and lingerie, and then only a few times. I actually thought I was completely normal about this.

In recent years, I have been seeing a therapist. This is not specifically about gender issues, but of course the crossdressing is discussed significantly. At one point, I made a remark something like, "all boys have a fascination with women's lingerie." The therapist remarked that, yes they do, but very few put them on.

So, I don't know.

By the way, I believe the story told at the beginning of the OP was actually about Voltaire at a dinner party, showing the moral bankruptcy of the aristocracy.

Liz
    Last edited by Elizabeth Ann; 12-04-2011 at 05:31 PM.

I think we're in danger here of doing to "normal" (whatever the zip that means) men what we resist letting people do to us, which is pigeon-holing and pre-judging. Just as none of us can truly understand what is really is to be a woman, none of us can truly understand what it is to be a non-crossdressing man. It's a question we can't answer. Like asking would most aliens crossdress in the right circumstances. Who knows? Nobody.

For me the right circumstances would be that we stop labelling all clothing as male or female and allow anyone to wear whatever works for them.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

I wouldn't go as far to say most men , but i would say more would enjoy exploring their feminine side . A buddy of mine who i workout with , his girlfriend took him out to get a pedicure with her and i think his word were " after having this little Asian girl rubbing on my ,feet i felt like i just got fu*****"

There has to be some inner desire that is triggered by the presence of articles of female clothing. It would be a lot of fun to set up like one of those hidden camera shows, leaving a complete outfit of sexy clothes, wigs, makeup, etc. in a hotel room where the subject(s) could not miss finding them, and see if the subject would try anything on, and then to see how far the subject would go in trying them on.

Maybe they would i don't know let me ask them
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Quote Originally Posted by christina s View Post
    I wouldn't go as far to say most men , but i would say more would enjoy exploring their feminine side . A buddy of mine who i workout with , his girlfriend took him out to get a pedicure with her and i think his word were " after having this little Asian girl rubbing on my ,feet i felt like i just got fu*****"

There is nothing feminine about a pedicure! Or a manicure either for that matter. Men aren't feminine. Most guys don't even look fem with long hair, they just look like rockers.

Your average man is not interested in exploring his feminine side. They are not wired that way. That's like the argument that everyone is bisexual to some degree and that is also not true.

A cross dresser can't imagine anyone not enjoying it, but that's because they're cross dressers. I love men. LOVE them, and it's hard for me to understand why straight guys or straight CDs don't find them attractive, but they can't help how they feel anymore than I can.

A friend and I were looking at an extremely hot girl the other day at lunch and he asked me how I couldn't want to hit that. I said, she's a smoke show for sure, but I bet she's got a hot brother. He just rolled his eyes and said "I don't wanna hear it". That guy would no sooner want to wear lingerie than I would grow a mustache. We are who we are, and so are they.
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Normal to CDers is getting dressed up.

The other males are simply not Cders, that's their normal.

This turned into a very interesting thread. But many of you who say not most guys buy into the excuses some CDs and maybe other GMs use to distance themselves from being labled gay, CG or sissy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    No i do not think most men would , you might get some that would do it for a joke or a laugh or a dare , most men are happy being just ordinary men , what ever that is
    And it's also possible that most men make a joke about it so no one will think that they *really* like crossdressing

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    They might do it for monetary gain, or something like that. They wouldn't do it for the reasons WE do it. Either you're a crossdresser, or you're not. People who do it for a living have no gender or sexual connection to the clothes. We do. Which is not to say that there aren't crossdressers that work as female impersonators; I'm sure there are. But when you saw Patrick Swayze dress up in the movie, you can be pretty sure it was as a professional act. Same with Milton Berle.
    I always wondered about Milton Berle. I really think he was a crossdresser in his personal life, and found a way to make laughs doing what he loved anyhow. Sme with Flip "Geraldine" Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    They would.... Only if they all lost a bet....
    Losing a bet. Another perennial lie used by CDer, and maybe normal men, to hide the fact that they really like crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    Exactly. I think it was around Hallowe'en there was a thread similar to this, and the consensus was that on that night of nights, there would be "average" guys that would put on women's clothing, but not authentically, and would make a caricature out of the whole thing, so there would be no mistaking that here was a GUY! Just dressed up!
    Yet another CD plausible deniability activity. Don't look too much like a girl, don't have too good makeup, and don't walk too well in hells, or someone will get suspicious that it's more than a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by josee View Post
    Melissa, I agree. The guys I know are way to homophobic and likely think they would turn gay if they even tried on a pair of panties.
    It has to be something you are born with at least a predisposition for.
    Acting homophobic. Yet another way to distance youself from appearing gay or a crossdresser. It's hard to tell fake macho from real macho.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Men aren't feminine. Most guys don't even look fem with long hair, they just look like rockers.
    That cracked me up. Reminds me of the first time I tried on a wig way-back-when. Guy mode in the chair, felt like Howard Stern. Now there's a PRETTY sight!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I think so... how many drunk men have tried on their wives panties or hose simply to JO??? probably most LOL

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by curvious View Post
    I think so... how many drunk men have tried on their wives panties or hose simply to JO??? probably most LOL
    wow, how do you come up with this kind of stuff?
    How many drunk guys who aren't CD's think..."oh, I think I'll put my wife's panties on" ?

Quote Originally Posted by curvious View Post
    What? That's just bizarre. The average dude just isn't waiting for the first opportunity to put on panties and pop a boner.

Case in point; There's probably 50 guys at work who I encounter or deal with just about every day. They all know me, they all know I'm transitioning, and they all know where my office is, and not one guy has tried to talk to me about "it". I figured at least a couple of guys would come out to me as CDs or at least gay, but nope. The odds are that there is a CD in the building, but that is still a long way from "most" guys.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Most men would sooner take rat poison, gladly supplied by a girlfriend, than to dress as a woman, other than as a joke (see "Some Like It Hot" or "Honey Bun" from South Pacific). I find it deliciously ironic that while Rodgers and Hammerstein produced a musical that is intended to strike a blow for fair treatment of blacks and asians, it pillories an even less popular minority.
    Best, Christine

No, we're special...if the answer were "yes" then the stores would be full of men buying dresses the week before Halloween seriously, the peer pressure against men acting feminine is stifling in our society, although I wonder if any anthropologists out there have discovered other cultures where men commonly adopt the female role?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    No, we're special...if the answer were "yes" then the stores would be full of men buying dresses the week before Halloween seriously, the peer pressure against men acting feminine is stifling in our society, although I wonder if any anthropologists out there have discovered other cultures where men commonly adopt the female role?
    "special" ? uh...right...whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    They might do it for monetary gain, or something like that. They wouldn't do it for the reasons WE do it. Either you're a crossdresser, or you're not. People who do it for a living have no gender or sexual connection to the clothes. We do. Which is not to say that there aren't crossdressers that work as female impersonators; I'm sure there are. But when you saw Patrick Swayze dress up in the movie, you can be pretty sure it was as a professional act. Same with Milton Berle.
    But then again would it not be great to do something you love and also get paid for it? I know it is no good excuse, I do this because I love it. It has been a 29 year long journey with lots of denial. In my profession I do what I love, but would it not be great to have a hobby/passion that is also putting food on the table? Yeah, you should not hide behind things, I was only in it for the money. This is the second best thing I ever did in life... loving it to bits.

/Johanna

My belief is that some men would try "it"; a few would like "it"; most would never have the courage to try "it"; few would admit that they liked "it". Men, in general, are not very brave when it comes to not acting macho.
    Hugs, Carole