Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overdressed at the mall

Banned Read only

Overdressed at the mall

I decided to go out tonight as my wife is away (she knows I wenI was only going to the mall to do some window shopping but figured "what the hell?" But when I got to the mall, I was not only overdressed, I was ridiculously overdressed. So I actually turned around, and changed into some tights and a cute little corduroy skirt with a beaded purple top and matching sweater. Oh the lament of the cross dresser: women just done wear dresses any more. Here's my before an after:

you look great in both pictures Jennifer. I'd imagine the first one would be considered overdressed at a mall. Still looks great though

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Jennifer you look FABULOUS! Great job girl friend!

Hugs
    Trisha

Karen Hutton wears a dress.
    That aside I remember conducting a survey with my colleagues at work once.
    They were smokers and I would go and conduct business with them.
    We counted 682 women in pants as against 215 women in skirts and dresses, over a 2month period.
    It was a university environment, mostly students.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    What I've noticed is that when a woman goes out dressed up a little, she will get noticed by everyone. So if you are a CD, out and are over dressed, you will get noticed as well.
    Dana Ryan

Both outfits are lovely. I personally don't think the red dress was too much more overdone than the other. I have wondered myself if there is a dividing line between a dress or a skirt/blouse combination when going out though.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

They both look good. Just my opinion but I didnt think the first dress was really being over dressed that much.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Both looks are wonderful.. But I actually prefer the dress you had on, and I don't think the dress was too much for the mall, but I understand why someone would.

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

I dont think you was overdress at . A very well dressed lady is what I see.

I was at a mall today waiting for my wife and watched the women going by for awhile. My opinon is that the red dress is much more pasable, and not overdressed for the mall.

You look great! I absolutely love the outfits! But I can understand if you feel out of place -- because you look so well put together! If others are just wearing jeans and t-shirts while they're trampling over each other doing holiday shopping, you might stand out a little bit but in a good way!

Silver Member
    Both are lovely, and I don't think the red dress would be overdressed. In fact, of the two I'd figure the red dress would draw less attention since the dress is longer and not as short as the black skirt.

Jennifer

I think you look great for someone at the mall. I actually believe you thought you were overdressed is because of the time of day. Dress=evening wear. Was it? What time was it that you were at the mall. I haven't visited the mall dressed en femme, as I would love to and will as soon as take care of more pressing matter. The matter has nothing to do with my dressing or fear of being out while dressed. Was this a first time at the mall?

Tess

loved them both. I think you look good in the red.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I was at the mall yesterday and spotted a trio of women who were RIDICULOUSLY overdressed for shopping. I'm still wondering if they were part of some show or display, but they were carrying bags from Penneys. Women don't usually wear 6" heels and micro-minis to a suburban mall, do they?

I like both outfits but agree that the red dress stand out more...

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    Now days if a girl wears a skirt of dress they are "overdressed" for anything is seems. Look around, many girls and women were their pajamas out to go shopping and run errands.
    Rachel Lea

Ya know, I have to agree with the overdressed part. But the reason is because it was Saturday, typically the most casual day of the week. I think if you were to take such a look out on any other day, you'd do just fine.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    Both outfits are "in fashion" and look good on you! Depending on the time of day and location of the mall, some business GGs wear very fashionalble clothes/accessories, while in another mall a few miles down the road women tend to wear whatever! Your comfort and confidence could be a controlling factor in how you feel when out and about too. Consider checking out the female attire at the mall BEFORE you visit it again to give a clue as to the feminine fashion. THanx for sharing.

I agree with Sara Jessica. You would be fine any day of the week except for Saturday. Many women wear dresses and skirts at the mall after they get off work.

Neither was really overdressed. Now if you had on sheer hose and slingbacks with the dress I might say overdressed. Then it depends on the quality of the mall, the time of day and day of week.
    Personally I never go shopping in a dress. I prefer to wear things that I can change out of and into quickly so I can try on whatever I find in the sale racks.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I definitely think the red dress looks best on you. But it is what ever makes you most comfortable.

You look great in both to me.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Contessa View Post
    I actually believe you thought you were overdressed is because of the time of day. Dress=evening wear. Was it? What time was it that you were at the mall.

Tess
    Hi Tess, I think time of day was a factor. It was about noon and I can say that 0% of the women were wearing dresses and only a handful even had on a skirt. 99% were in jeans and oversized sweatshirts. Now to be fair, it is getting very cold here and the walk from the parking lot to the mall entrance was quite chilly even in my tights so jeans make sense. But baggy sweatshirts!? By the way, not, it was not my first mall trip but every time the look is very,very casual. In spring and summers, a skirt is quite normal.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Jennifer, if it was about noon than maybe the dress was being overdressed, but you look very good in either outfit! And certainly the weather would be a factor!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Hi Jennifer,
    You look great in both outfits and I do not think you were overdressed. You could have been dressed for work, people would never know but I do understand how you felt.
    Happy Holidays,
    Rachael