Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All CDers! How accepting would you be if...?

F2M CD would be ok...sometimes not all the time. Transition all the way? Hellllllllll No!

Gold Member
    My wife is totality OK with me dressing. The only boundaries are no shaving my chest, and no going
    outside in a dress. I can go along with this, it is a small price to pay concentrating the other end results.
    Not being able pass in any form sort of limits me to the "Closet". Thats OK with me.
    Their are times when my wife tells me to go put on a bra; Generally when I am up-set about something.
    I love my wife to the end of the world, and would do nothing to upset that.
    The thought of me going for hormones, or SRS is totality out of the question. I have been a BOY for over 65 years,
    to late in life to change; Besides living on both sides is fun.
    Rader

As much as I'd love to say that I'd be completely okay with it, I can't! If she were an occasional CD'er, sure, that wouldn't be a problem. But SRS would not work for me.

You have to be attracted to the person you're with, and I feel no attraction whatsoever to people (male or female) with an overall masculine appearance. I just don't think I would be able to give her what she needed in that role. Of course, I would support her, but like others have said - I could no longer be her lover.

I think this is a very good question. I think that very often, we fail to acknowledge what GGs may be feeling when the 'great reveal' is made to them. It's hard not to be empathetic when forced to think about the shoe being on the other foot.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

[SIZE="3"]Thinking about this....Wow, would that make a walk into our closet interesting. Would we be able to swap cloths???
    I guess we would both end up with two sets of cloths....the more I think about this the more I like it.....
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

This comes up frequently and the answer is usually the same, most would accept it. But this is because we have a unique perspective, we have been there. Ask the same in another site and you will a resounding "NO" (well except for the few who will see it as a possibility to have a sexual tryst with extra people).

So because we are in this forum, I would say, yes I would allow her to be who she is. Would we stay together? Who knows. In my situation it would not matter how she presented, but you know if she transitioned who is to say she would not want someone else? I will say that there would be confusion and maybe even a little anger and hurt if she did this after 10, 20, 30 years of being together.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Melody, this is interesting food for thought. Thank you for posing this question; I've enjoyed reading the responses so far.

As for me, my gf actually does have some F2M leanings (loves men's shoes, and has a particular thing for "zoot suits"....look it up *lol*). I think it's fine. Let me re-phrase: I think it's hot. I think being a CDer myself has given me the appreciation for the wonderfully unique ways we have. I savor her uniqueness as she savors mine.

hugs,

Traci

Aspiring Member
    I'm not sure the symmetry presumed by the question exists. Women already have vastly more latitude as to what they can wear without setting off anyone's gay alarms. My wife, who looks really great when flossy, spends most of her time in jeans, casual tops (a lot of sweatshirts), and sensible shoes, with minimal makeup. Is she cross-dressing?

The boundary of the acceptable is way past 50 percent in this regard. Taking totally femme as 100 and totally butch as 0 (my bias...), I would say that women in today's western world can range from 10-100 without issues; men, 0-60 (maybe). So, if one is a bit inclined to CD a woman can pretty much do what she wants, while men need to carefully calibrate when and where and what.

If the question is, then, how accepting would I be if she wanted to explore that last 10 percent with, say, coat-and-tie, wingtip shoes, temporary facial hair, short-hair wig, and so forth, I think that my basic sense of fairness would be to accept and encourage her as she accepts and encourages me. We've always been very flexible in our intimacy, so I don't think there's a deal-killing issue there.

I'd want to be sure that it was sincerely motivated and not some kind of payback for my situation, and with her, I have no doubts; we're too open and settled with each other for that.

I do think that FTM CD is relatively rare as a true mirror image to what we do, because of that asymmetry of acceptability. Interesting question, though.

I would have no problem accepting anything she wanted to do. After telling her about Kathryn, I would be the worst type of hypocrite to let let her be exactly who she wants to be.
    I even have some clothes she can borrow!

Sure, then I could be "heterosexual when dressed" and the rest of the time I'd just be gay.

This is why i want to upfront with this side of myself if i'm getting into a relationship . If the girl i'm dating wants to transition into a burly man that really not the same person i had feelings for .

Its an actually simple question to answer. In general, yes. If i had to deal with a situation with my SO, no. And here's why.

I entered a relationship, head on, telling her that i was a crossdresser. And she was into it because she likes girls as well as guys. So its awesome. However. At no point has she ever told me that she would want to do this. And I would probably end the relationship, at least the physical one because of it. Why? Because I'm not attracted to men. If she brought it up that she wanted to do this, or hinted at it throughout the relationship, I don't think I would have continuted with it because of that simple fact. The more masculine she becomes, the less attracted to her I will be.

As for everyone else, I have very little in the way of judgement towards other people. I wouldn't ever go, "Eew get away!" at anyone, obviously.
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;2678588]Honestly..... I'd ask for a divorce!! I married a woman. Not a man... And that sounds like a double standard? But I totally understand the way she feels about me and my hobby. And have never blamed her for not kicking me to the curb![/QUOT

I would have to agree with Karren for the most part if my wife wanted to transition. If it was to dress and act manly on occasion, then I would be able to handle that and be supportive.
    Christine.
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We are man and wife. We have agreed that nothing will get in the way of that. We are and will forever be committed to each other on that basis.

If my wife were suddenly to (as it happened to me) find a male side, I would be completely supportive.

If either one of us wanted SRS, we would also be saying goodbye to our commitment, and I presume, would do so as best friends.

I thought about this recently too. I would support her 100%. If I loved her enough, her gender choice wouldn't change who she is inside or why I love her. Although I would lose attraction to her physically, we would still have a strong mental and emotional connection to each other that you can't just throw out. I don't know how the relationship would evolve from there, but I would never stand in the way of her dream and be behind her completely whether it's as her best friend, lover or somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    This comes up frequently and the answer is usually the same, most would accept it. But this is because we have a unique perspective, we have been there. Ask the same in another site and you will a resounding "NO" (well except for the few who will see it as a possibility to have a sexual tryst with extra people).

So because we are in this forum, I would say, yes I would allow her to be who she is. Would we stay together? Who knows. In my situation it would not matter how she presented, but you know if she transitioned who is to say she would not want someone else? I will say that there would be confusion and maybe even a little anger and hurt if she did this after 10, 20, 30 years of being together.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracigirl_tv
    Melody, this is interesting food for thought. Thank you for posing this question; I've enjoyed reading the responses so far.
    Melody, you have came up with a good question again girl, I agree with these ladies.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Great question,I would have no problem with it at all.
    You love a person unconditionally or not at all.
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I must agree with the majority of posts, and would have no problem with a cross dresser engaging in the same activities as i choose. If it came to SRS, we would remain live together friends.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife and I had discussed this very point some years ago. I told her that my love for her was such that whatever she wanted to do was O.K. with me. She knew that I had no desire to actually become a woman. She did ask me what I would do if she decided to actually become a man. I told her that if she did that, and still loved me then I would become her woman in reality!! Fair is fair, I think! Of course nothing like that ever happened!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My ex-wife bought almost all of her outer clothes from the men's section so in essence she was crossdressing everyday, everywhere. Funny thing no one ever gave her a second glance for it. Wonder why they would stare at me lol
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

it would be okay if my wife x-dresses once in a while and acts as the man in our relationship. i like to dress and act as female sometimes. occasional role reversal, i.e. complete role reversal is very enjoyable.

Banned Read only
    I'm intersexed and my SO is a lesbian GG.

My SO's sexual preference was the deciding factor and the foundation on which we built our relationship.

She is a soft butch and wears the pants (literally) in the family.

She wears men's slacks, dress shirts, polo's and most of the time men's dress shoes to her job as a sales rep.

Julia

well..
    I'm not married so coming out to a significant other is not a issue, if it were and she wants to transition, I'll have to understand this is the person true self, and go from there.

Silver Member
    If she wanted to crossdress once in a while as I do (no HRT or SRS etc.) sure I would be fine with it (especially if she found the experience to be exciting as some M2Fs do.)

I would be fine if she wanted to dress as "he". I would love to renew our wedding vows dressed. And yes, I would be open to full role reversal in more intimate settings...

As for full transition, if she gets to, then so do I.

Anna

There have been many threads about this, and like Lori I recall most CDs said they'd be OK with this.

But ... I want to caution that the "what if" idyllic scenarios end up being entirely different when they actually come to pass.
    Reine