Thread: I so scored today

I so scored today

I was at the laundry today doing my work close and I got to looking in the lost and found basket, and found a pair of ladies slacks, a to and a bra that looked like they would fit so I brought them home and tried them on and they all fit. woot woot.
    I scored a new outfit
    Forever in Lace

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    I love it! Way to go Stefanie!

Hugs
    Trisha

Sometimes they can be your most exciting find!

Isn't the purpose of a lost and found basket to hold items until they are claimed by their rightful owner? If you are not the rightful owner, is it appropriate to take them?

ooohh definately scored there you girl what kind of bra you found?

Do you mean scored or stole?

Lipstick Lez at heart! celtic.blue.eyes's Avatar
    How would you feel if they were some of your favorite items in the lost and found and some one else took them from you? Do you really think it is ever right to take something that doesn't belong to you?
    God's finest work of art is that of a beautiful woman.

The person who lost them may not be in a financial position to take their loss lightly - I would have handed them in.

Nicola

I have to join in with those who say this was stealing. Sorry, but in my opinion the idea of a lost and found is for people who have lost something to be able to come back and discover that someone else found it and has been honest enough to return it. I would never take something from there. Just my 2 cents.

I should have fraised that diferently, It was actually in the unclaimed bin with a sign above it, that read unclaimed items free. so I assumed the laundry people hung on to them for a period of time waiting for the owners to return and claim them before putting them in the unclaimed bin
    Forever in Lace

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I like the military term, "requisitioned", better!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Beck View Post
    Isn't the purpose of a lost and found basket to hold items until they are claimed by their rightful owner? If you are not the rightful owner, is it appropriate to take them?
    Celebrating a new outfit taken from the lost and found? Really?

I agree with the others. I think you should put them back. Especially in this economy. You'll sleep better if you do, I hope.
    Reine

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I hate to pile on, but have to agree with everyone else. Take them back, you can always pick up some items that will fit you at a thrift store. Take note of the sizes, before you return the now that you what fits, and then return them.
    Dana Ryan

I say keep them.
    having worked in places with lost and found bins, you keep the stuff so long hoping the owner will come get it that you never throw it away.
    after a while you almost want to ask random people if they'd like to look through the bin to see if they like anything.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    You might go back and ask if it would be okay to take items that were in that basket. Just tell them that you thought it would be okay, then when you got home you had second thoughts. If they say it is okay, then you have a new shopping spot. Let us know how it works out.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    I read this bit. Seems not many people saw it.
    I read it too! Now you are redeemed from being a theif! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: