Thread: Outed at Parts Store

Outed at Parts Store

I was in an auto parts store and the young girl at the checkout noticed my painted nails. She first called them festive and then after a moment asked me why. Aware of the many other citizens around me, I just responded, "I'm colorfull that way".
    I was back within the hour, returning a borrowed tool and she recognized me right away. While she was processing my return, I pulled out my phone and presented her with a shot of me dressed. It's one I've posted here; one where I really like the look I created.
    She did a hard double take, then asked, "that's you?", not quite believing it. I acknowledged that it was me.
    She then said that she was baffled and offered the ubiquitous, "Whatever makes you happy". All in all, I can't say I changed her perspective any but I gave it a try.
    Don't know that I really accomplished anything but I've cracked a little harder at the shell around us all.
    Last edited by DinaMature; 12-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Gold Member
    the younger generation seems more accepting of TG. Of course around their friends they might still have a laugh but one on one they don't make a fuss or turn the other way like some of the older gen.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

You go girl! Always be proud of who you are! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Dina, Thank you for being honest about yourself.You have presented yourself in a true light making us more believable. This is really helpful.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....