Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: told the girlfriend....

told the girlfriend....

told my girlfriend yesterday. today she dumped me. this sucks

Hi Natalie

So sorry to hear you've been dumped. I know it's very painful so I'm sending you big virtual hugs.

Our "gift" is so often misunderstood. It's such a pity because it can be such a beautiful thing to share with someone you love.

Jamie

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Better to be dumped now than after 17 years of marriage.
    trust me I know!

yeah, it'd dumb. over clothes and make-up. yet she wore my things....

you got a point there...

besides, i figured she'd be stoked i had my own stuff and not pilfering hers.
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-11-2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Multiposting is not allowed here. Please use the Edit button.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie james View Post
    told my girlfriend yesterday. today she dumped me. this sucks
    Her loss, really. At least you know where you stood with her and didn't waste anymore time on the relationship. Ughh..

Gold Member
    She might regret it after time; The younger the person is, the least they try to understand.
    But as said above, better now than after many years.
    Rader

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Sorry to hear that. Keep looking, you will find someone.
    Dana Ryan

So sorry to hear that. But I will give u much praise for conning forward and telling her. That was very courageous! More I think should be open like that. It would save a lot of heartache later down the road as in marriage.
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.

Very sorry to here about your situation, as the saying goes, "when a door is closed, a window will open."

Thru life I have found that any time experiencing something stressful, unpleasant or upsetting, there was always someone to help me and came from the most unexpected places. This will take some time for you to get over but rememeber that you have people here that care and will listen to you.

It is her loss, in this way you are fortunate that you will find someone that appreciates you for who you really are.

Take good care of yourself, as you are worth it. Hugs
    Last edited by cindy777; 12-10-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Hang in there hon, I was'nt even looking and Jeannie magicly appeared in my life. you ared much younger and your generation is much more OK with TG's .
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Well done for telling her.
    Yeah it may suck now, but the honest truth of it is that its better that you gave her the right to choose.
    Its better facing it now than having to go through a messy divorce with kids/house/finances etc

I wish you the best
    Samantha -x-

true, but im shure she'll tell EVERYONE.... OUCH!

my family and a few select friends know, but there are people that id have rather not found out just yet.....
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-11-2011 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the Edit button for added thoughts, or post them all at once.

Sorry to hear of your loss. You are not the first to have that immediate result. Maybe some others will learn from your experience. Sometimes "Silence is golden".

a good point as well, but i thought i was doing the right thing by being honest.

Not really a serious thing if she does. It's up to you how you decide to handle that one, but should you want to deny it, just tell people she's just saying it to hurt you because she is angry over breaking up. Sorry to hear this nontheless. I came upon my s/o without looking, and she accepts me totally so stay the course and be true to yourself. Life will just get better.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    She might regret it after time; The younger the person is, the least they try to understand.
    But as said above, better now than after many years.
    Rader
    I would disagree with this. I find its the younger generation that is more open-minded about this kind of thing.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Sorry about the breakup Natalie -- from a distance it sounds like she was unable to deal, rather than pissed. I hope that's the case, and if so I'd think she wouldn't stir that pot, just go quietly. Hang in there, it will heal up faster than you think it will.

Banned Read only
    So sorry to hear that she dumped you. Her loss. There are 7 billion people out there. I am sure you will find someone that appreciates your unique qualities.

guess we can't all have happy endings when we tell our SOs...lol!

a good point as well, but i thought i was doing the right thing by being honest.
    and you were being honest to you, more importantly; even more than honest to her. I'm sorry for your loss... but really, not much ^ ^ if she couldn't handle the real you, it's her loss. not trying to be mean at her; it isn't easy, or for everyone, that's for sure. but being honest prevents hurting other people's feelings, and to me that's number one -- do anything you can do not to hurt the other person.

this sucks, I know :/ but you know the kind of person you wanna be around, and she couldn't (or didn't wanted to) be it. maybe later on? maybe not, maybe somebody else. but as long as you're honest, you won't hurt people around you, and you'll be truer to yourself.

congrats on your move and lots of love to you, Natalie. ;x
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Natalie, very sorry she took it this way. While i agree the younger generation is more liveral and willing to accept these differences, I also find them to be far to quick to rush to judgement and not think things through. The younger generation does not put a lot of thought into their decisions. They make them quickly, and move on. Not a judgement, just an observation. the older generation might have their built in prejudices, but they think a situatino over vefore making a judgement (thank god). If this relationship was not meant to be, so be it. You will find your perfect soulmate. Keep trying, and stay honest with them. Any partner worthy of you is worth being honest with. You will find your way through the despair. this forum is the place to find your peace, a wonderful bunch of girls.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Babes, I think I can understand your point, and I agree with it. at least here where I live, younger people tend to be a lot conservative -- while older folks seems more at ease. while I do believe that, with time, more and more generations will be more welcoming and accepting to transgendered folks, unfortunally in my area at this time that shows not to be true. which is really sad (and stupid and kind of unbelieavable) imho. again referring to where I live, it's much more safer to be an outing CD at 50 than at 30. and a CD will have a harder time finding a SO the younger they are. :/
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Indeed. Like they have already said, sorry to hear. But don't let this girl ruin your ability and strength to tell others. Try and find some girls who are naturally open minded. Who don't judge others. Having someone you can share this with is an amazing feeling.
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

Quote Originally Posted by Imeni View Post
    Indeed. Like they have already said, sorry to hear. But don't let this girl ruin your ability and strength to tell others. Try and find some girls who are naturally open minded. Who don't judge others. Having someone you can share this with is an amazing feeling.
    e.
    lol! yeah, maybe some girl who will teach me the smokey eye.