Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: maybe an obvious reason why we dress

I'm not sure I fully understand your post. Lemme give it a shot.

First of all, I don't think CDing has anything to do with liberation, courage or wanting to look pretty. It has to do with being transgendered to some extent. It's a vehicle for us to express that unavoidable and unrealized femininity we carry inside.

Second, CDing has nothing to do with choice. This is a common misconception. How many here can honestly choose NOT to crossdress? Probably close to none. I dress because I have to, not because I choose to. If I could REALLY choose, I'd choose NOT to.

That being said, I don't think non-TG men envy GGs (or us for that matter), fancy being feminine or would personally gain anything from CDing. They simply don't have that psychological need.

lisa likes to be feminine and dress the part why wear pants,tops etc... that would be crossdressing.I can do that as Al.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I've always been curious about dressing since i was young . Then i just suppressed these feelings because of how my parents were raising me to be this ultra masculine guy i think a part of me just snapped recently and i needed to indulge and accept this side of me . I still love my guy side but there's a part of me that just feels right when i dress .

I think my reason is obvious, it's about putting somting right that went horribly wrong at birth

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    I'm not sure I fully understand your post. Lemme give it a shot.

First of all, I don't think CDing has anything to do with liberation, courage or wanting to look pretty. It has to do with being transgendered to some extent. It's a vehicle for us to express that unavoidable and unrealized femininity we carry inside.

Second, CDing has nothing to do with choice. This is a common misconception. How many here can honestly choose NOT to crossdress? Probably close to none. I dress because I have to, not because I choose to. If I could REALLY choose, I'd choose NOT to.

That being said, I don't think non-TG men envy GGs (or us for that matter), fancy being feminine or would personally gain anything from CDing. They simply don't have that psychological need.
    I would have to agree to disagree. I don't know why you would CHOOSE NOT TO dress. I don't really feel a compulsion to dress, but a very strong desire.
    man, i feel like a woman

The older I get the more I desire to dress & live as a female. I wonder if " our choice " to dress enfemme is really a choice ? My attempts to quite, none since 2004, have not been succussful. Maybe I'm just a CD addict.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    The obvious reason you dress is because you want to. Most guys don't because they don't want to.
    I can do without things I want. Crossdressing is so much more to me than a simple want.