Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dancing seems easier when dressed up fem and in a club

Dancing seems easier when dressed up fem and in a club

I just had my 1st girls night out last night dressed with a few other CD's, it was a wonderful experience of being with some other girls i just met and we were all dressed up dancing in a gay bar. It felt easier just to dance freely dressed up as a girl than from what i remember when i was dancing as a guy. Having my shoulder length wig brushing on my face while dancing felt fem and fulfilling. Hoping next time to dress up in a dress instead of the cute purple top and tight jeans, 2 inch heels i wore. We managed to keep dancing from 9-2am closing, i dont remember having my feet hurt soo much afterwards but it was still a great time

Elana

I too love to go out dancing en femme---the big differences in the dance "protocol" of men and women is that guys don't generally dance alone or in a group of guys (outside of gay clubs). If you're en femme and looking good on the dance floor, you are very likely to be appraoched by someone who wants to join you--outside of a gay club, this is probably a rare occurance for a guy in drab. I've met some fairly interesting characters out clubbing--I love it. Hope you're able to get out again soon!

Cheers,

Jill

Silver Member
    This is an interesting topic to me, as I've always been extremely reluctant to dance on a public floor, despite dancing all the time at home. Even in high school, I would only go out for a slow dance - often the last one of the night, and only in a dark corner on a crowded floor! My wife and I were at a function this weekend that included live music and dancing and, once again, I couldn't make myself go out. I did wonder briefly if it would be different dressed, as there were periods where ONLY women were on the dance floor, but I don't know.

Lea

I've never cared for dancing either way, just doesn't do anything for me, even when I enjoy the music being played.

But playing music is another thing entirely. Give me my guitar and it's a different story entirely.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Thanks for the thread! I have forced myself to go daning in drab. Some like my dancing, some don't. I would like to experience dancing dressed up to the nines, as a lady. I may try going to the gay club, near here, but, really don't like clubs, and drinking.

I really don't dance, but I do find that I play the piano better en femme. When I'm working on something new it just seems to go better. I have no idea why.

Hannah

I love to dance, have danced since being a teenager, but never female mode, i would think that would be so fun, to be out wear a pretty dress with heels,and dance the night away.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Ah... the joys of adrenaline! Glad you had a good time!

Thnx everyone =) hoping to go out dancing with some other CD's soon again. great fun

Elana

I love to dance!! I have done dancing in both male and female modes, and love both! Of course a dress has so much more interaction while dancing, I do love the feel of a dress or skirt on the legs! While living in Estonia I found that both men and women dance by themselves all the time, at gay or straight clubs, in fact it is difficult to dance with a person because of this, unless it's a specific couples dance night like salsa or such. This helped me to be able to dance alone with more confidence, and I have done so since at my local club, but so far only as Kimberly.. It is true dancing with other GF's is the best, and I am glad you got to shake your booty for so long!! And yeah, heels can make it a painful few hours apres-dancefloor, but your legs look so darn good in the process!! :-)

Thanks Kimberly, lol, yes it feels like a good sexy workout dancing the whole night like that. Interesting fact you said about Estonia, hoping one day i can visit there. Great to hear from you =)

Elana

Itend to draw younger girls in 25-30 as I am good at jiving.
    They seem to like to learn old rock and roll steps.
    I went square dancing some years ago dressed en femme.
    It was done as a joke that backfired immensely.
    I looked teriffic in my skirt and petticoats.
    Everyone liked thee outfit and didn't know any better.

I went to some universities/colleges/resorts nightclubbing events at the beginning of my CD'ing to check how I would feel dressed out of my closet, and had a bit more fun in drag than in drab, but it was still boring since people were coming in small closed groups mostly to get drunk under loud music and dazzling lights.

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Until I went 24/7 I hated dancing, dressed enfemme I love it.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I love Dancing and in heels it couldnt get any better......

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    I too love to go out dancing en femme---the big differences in the dance "protocol" of men and women is that guys don't generally dance alone or in a group of guys (outside of gay clubs). ------------------------------
    Cheers,Jill
    I hate dancing as a man. Always have. But, visiting a club as Sherry in comfy 4" heels, at my first ever time out in public at the SCC, I happily danced alone, or next to other "girls", for hours that nite! A truly MAGICAL EXPERIENCE!
    I strongly suggest dancing in comfy hi heels only. They changed my posture and dancing technique COMPLETELY! Don't know if I looked fem or sexy, but I FELT THAT WAY!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcyHunter View Post
    [SIZE="3"]
    Amazingly, what I thought was wimpy as a man felt so natural and fun as Marcy.
    [/SIZE]
    There it is. Men are so terrified of being perceived as wimpy or effeminate that they just can't allow themselves to enjoy dancing, or shopping, or decorating etc.

I personally believe that this rigid social structure is precisely what drives men to xdress. It's kinda like a rebellion of sorts. I submit that if men were allowed to be more fluid in their self expression than the compulsion to xdress wouldn't exist. Imagine being able to be absolutely free to express yourself however you please. Free to dance, or wear jewelry, or cute clothes, or anything that is considered to be "feminine" by the macho set. It would be no big deal, just something about you that's a little different. "Oh that's just Bobby, he loves to dance, he's a hell of a good mechanic though, even with those long finger nails. Shoot, he's got prettier hands than my wife." It wouldn't be considered a weakness, just a part of your personality. In a world like that, there would be no need to pretend, you could just be who you are.

If you like to dance you wouldn't need to get into character just so you could feel comfortable doing it.

I was just saying to a new friend that men would rather look like a barely passable woman, than look like a queer.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Went to Ruby Skye in San Francisco with at dancing the night away. One of the things you have to learn is to use you upper torso and arms in a feminine manner. The club had some GG dancers and my friend mentioned to me to watch them for a few minutes and try to copy their movements. In no time I was moving like the rest of the ladies and had a wonderful time until the walk back to the car. I had left my backup soles (flats that roll up in your purse)in the car because the wrist purse was so small. Next time i will have a little bigger purse which I can sling over my shoulder while dancing.

I am planning on going out square dancing as I get my dress, petticoats, pettipants and a makeover with a pedi and mani. I am so excited that I need to visit the big girls room and powder my noise. I would love to find some affordable very lacy, very ruffly, with a very cute back tie or bow and dance my little heart out. I need some help buying a dress and all the accessories because I'm new to it! I love all my big sisters! We should have a girls night out here in utah!
    Last edited by angpai30; 12-15-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Added more

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It is usually very hot in clubs with so many people and the dancing. I like that I can wear much less clothing than guys typically do. Saves me from sweating on the dance floor.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I love dancing enfemme. I go out dressed in my long chiffon or silk skirts and twirl and shimmer like theres no tomorrow. Sometimes I've worn a long dress too. Its beautiful dancing at a ball while in a long flowing ballgown too. One of the most gorgous feelings ever.
    When I've danced in gay clubs, some guys dance with me and we get a bit romantic too, and theres some kissing. I've also danced with girls too, and we swish together.
    Funny, I cant dance at all as a man, but can as a lady.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I think about this a lot and I could probably make through dancing with myself or in a group of ladies or other cd'ers, but I don't think I could slow dance with someone because I don't think I will be able to think backwards (although some think that's all I do). Then there is the control issue, giving up control to someone else just seems like it would feel really weird. I haven't been out nor do I think I ever will be so I guess it is a moot point for me.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klcz5C8RsAs

I've always fantasized being Holly Hunter in this scene from "Living out loud", but in a long dress or skirt. its an amazing scene, and she leads the dance routine so well. very feminine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I recently went to a makeover service and had my first experience of wearing forms, shapewear and a wig. When I was dressed and looking in the full length mirror I just had to start dancing to the tune that was coming from the radio.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about going out to a club with others en femme, but if I did I know that dancing would be so much fun!

Jxx
    From the dark end of the street, to the bright side of the road.

Follow me - www.twitter.com/closettran