Thread: Thinking about (actively planning) and en femme vacation.

Lightbulb Thinking about (actively planning) and en femme vacation.

I am planning a short vacation where I stay in Mia mode the entire time, during the weekend between christmas and new years. I am thinking about going to New Orleans for 3 days. That choice is because it is close, I don't anticipate running into anyone I know, it is a good walking city, and I am very familiar with the downtown area.

Let me preface a few things. I have been out a few times in public en-femme. I am feeling relatively confident about being en-femme. I have traveled a lot, and alone a lot (think traveling in Russia and places in Africa at length) and feel comfortable. I plan to not partake in the wilder aspects of New Orleans, hoping mainly to shop and walk around during the day.

I think it will be a good way to really throw my feminine exploration into hyperdrive. Obviously, that could be good or could be bad.

That being said, I am looking for advice about taking on this adventure. Also, I would love to meet any of you girls for coffee if you live in NO.

---> update

I am thinking about practical clothes for blending. I have bought 2 pairs of boots and a winter coat. I am hoping that this look will be both fem, classy, and not too attention grabbing.

ok, a couple with a dress (I am a lady after all). Perhaps I can pair them with some sweater tights.

Here's the dress, probably too flashy for shopping :-(

Last edited by miaTX86; 12-15-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: added some pictures

Hoping you have a wonderful time,,if you ever venture to Iowa,, my coffee is always fresh..

Mia enjoy your three day vacation! Wish I could go! Girl be careful! We want to see your pretty face when you get back home again! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a great tirp, Mia. I haven't been to NO for a few years, but I can report that in late 2006, the French Quarter had already come back nicely. Its always a great place to spend a day, especially this time of year.

Was just in New Orleans back in July. I think you'll have a great time and I am very envious that you'll be able to go and spend the entire time enfemme.

Be sure to have a beignet for me at Cafe DuMonde.

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    Mia I wish you the best on your trip. Several years ago I went to NO for several days. Lots of people and I had a great time.
    Love Kimberly

Sounds like a great idea Mia. Stay safe, and have a blast and report back how much fun you had!

Mia I think you have chosen a perfect location. New Orleans would make a great vacation. Wish I could join you. Have a great time!
    Ellie

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Has anyone (CDs obviously) done something similar to this?

I hope that you have a wonderful and SAFE vacation.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by miaTX86 View Post

Hi Mia: I'm a NOLA native (though not currently residing there) and it is a good place to visit. I have taken a couple of 3-5 day vacations entirely en femme with my SO and have not had any problems or issues. All of my vacations were here in CA which is a fairly welcoming place to be overall.
    My only advice would be to pack carefully and plan on getting up early to allow extra time for getting dressed, hair, makeup, etc.
    Have a great trip and enjoy!

I am thinking about practical clothes for blending. I have bought 2 pairs of boots and a winter coat. I am hoping that this look will be both fem, classy, and not too attention grabbing.

Mia;

I have a few suggestions which you can of course, choose to consider. In terms of shopping, I could recommend United Apparel Liquidators located at 518 Charles St. This store buys unsold designer garments, shoes etc from upscale major retailers and stocks them in their store. The inventory changes daily, but there are some very nice things to be found there. You've been to New Orleans so you likely have heard of Magazine Street, a short trolley car ride through the Garden District. Some very nice shops are located there with interesting, unique fashions.

In terms of dining options, one of my fave places has always been Katies cafe on Iberville. Authentic local cuizine where you will find many locals. The food is to die for.

Frenchmans street is really to my mind, where the real music exists in New Orleans, which is a short cab ride from Bourbon. Here you will still be able to experience the local neighborhood associations where impromptu jazz can still be found in true New Orleans style.

Safety is always a consideration. You're travelling alone and tis important to always bear in mind that women, as a rule do not go out by themselves at night to clubs or bars. Having said that, in order to really experience the city, night time is best and I would recommend that as you sample some of the New Orleans nightlife, consider your surroundings at all times. Position yourself in such as way as to have a clear exit from potential awkward situations.

I have found that has worked for me when I have visited New Orleans.

Bookit.com is an excellent resource for hotels. I highly recommend it to the other sites.

Best wishes and I hope you enjoy a safe and exciting time on your trip

Tonya

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteTonya View Post
    Mia;

I have a few suggestions...
    Thank you so much. While not all of this is news to me, there are some recommendations that I will definitely check out. I am literally going to print your post and take it with me.

How lovely I wish you well on your trip to New Orleans

Tonya

Have fun, I admire how brave you are and I really like your coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Ellis View Post
    Have fun, I admire how brave you are and I really like your coat.
    Thanks! Would you believe that it is Jones New York and I got it for $65 (at Marshall's)!

Quote Originally Posted by miaTX86 View Post

Haven't done it yet but sure want to. 5 day vacation would be nice.

I'm planning to do something similar when I'm traveling for business/official reasons. I'll have to figure out the logistics of packing extra clothes in limited luggage space.

YOU look great you will have a great time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Gold Member
    I hope you have a great time. I wish I could go out like that, I am firmly in the closet. A trip
    such as yous would be the moment of my life. Have fun in the Big Easy, I did many years ago
    with my wife.
    Rader

Gold Member
    Well, there actually have been loads of members here who have taken trips like this. For the most part, it shouldn't be any different than going out around home. When I went to Vegas this year, I just packed a bunch of girl stuff and went. Some may want to pack a set of "other" clothes in case of emergency.

But remember, nobody there knows you. So have fun and go everywhere with a smile. You should have fun and people almost always find a smile engaging.

Have a blast Mia!