Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you reach for the purfume instead

Do you reach for the perfume instead

I have noticed that in the past few years , I am leaning towards putting on women's perfume most all the time now. There is something about those soft , sweet scents that I just enjoy. I used to be wary about putting on perfume around guys in my manly attire Anymore I will try to find the nicest scent. Yea we all heard HEY! you smell like a French ***** comments from those macho guys LOL but I havn't heard a comment like that in years. I have a bag of sample perfumes from Macy's , just go to the counter and they will give then to you. I am wearing Oscar now. how about you girls??
    Last edited by DeniseNJ; 12-14-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: I spelled perfume wrong

I absolutely adore "Beautiful".
    The trouble is, Jean has a sensitive nose and I can't wear any perfume.

I'm not out and wearing fragrance would give me away REALLY quickly...

Silver Member
    The one thing I notice about perfume is how few women wear it these days. It's usually very noticable as a result. You may or may not want the attention, regardless of how much you like the scent. At home, go for what makes you happy!

Lea

I wear perfume all the time! I get a lot of comments of you smell good! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    I always do a quick spritz of perfume after I change clothes when I get home from work. I use the same Imari that my wife uses since she has a 30 year supply (she stocked up before quiting AVON). I know she likes the scent because its hers!

Maybe I'm reckless but I wear perfume daily. I've only been called out a couple times, both when I happened to put too much on.

Strange thing is that my wife has yet to call me out on it. I haven't worn guy cologne in years. I pick scents that aren't necessarily androgynous but they are not overtly flowery (ie - Bobbi Brown "Beach", very fresh and summery; Shiseido "Zen", rich and spicy but still very feminine; and my newest fav "Body" by Burberry).

Perhaps people have noticed that I smell nice. Maybe that I don't smell like a typical guy (whatever that might be). Even though no one has said anything, it's still part of what the elephant in my room deals with daily, compounding on top of all the other changes I've made to my appearance. I think people have noticed something but very little has been said.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    I never wear mens cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I never wear mens cologne.
    Me either.

I like wearing perfume now and again, but it's too expensive to wear all the time. I usually put it on, while in male mode, just to be mischievous, knowing it can't be missed while riding the subway to work.
    DonnaT

well, my wife wears men's cologne frequently, but I never thought about wearing perfume until now...I really like Dolce Gabana's light blue, which is somewhat androgynous imho.

If I get called out, I really don't care. I will just say MMMMMmmmmm, I thought it smelled like womens perfume. Oh well I am wearing it now

One of the lessons that I learned about staying in the closet and hiding from the family is that if I wear what the SO wears, in way of underarm and perfume, she'll never know. If I leave it out by mistake, she'll think she did or I was just cleaning the drawers... I haven't migrated to perfume yet, but I do use a cheap body spray. I'm spending too much on the other stuff to be spending $$ on perfume.... just yet... but then again, I do need to go shopping tonight.... hmmmm.

Renne.....

I always wear perfume.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    I absolutely adore "Beautiful".
    The trouble is, Jean has a sensitive nose and I can't wear any perfume.
    So sad, indeed. "Beautiful" has been called the "sum of all flowers". That reminds me; I'm almost out of body lotion and powder. Off to the Internet I go...

I do also wear a European unisex cologne sometimes: Puig Agua Lavanda. Nice, but it's not perfume.
    Last edited by Acastina; 12-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Wear perfume everyday,we have a least 10 different brands.
    We usually wear same brand.
    Most used in cool climate is OPIUM.
    Bobbie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I prefer my genders separate, so Tina loves her "Heavenly" and I wear what my wife prefers!

I'm glad you started this thread, Denise. This weekend while I was cleaning the bathroom I took out some of my old favorite perfumes. I hadn't worn them in a while, since I started my relationship with my SO. It's a dead giveaway when you show up and you smell like a woman; it can make your lady upset/suspicious/jealous.

Anyways, I as I rummaged through my perfume collection I decided that I wanted to review what I had and what they each smelled like. I took each bottle out in turn and sprayed some of each on their own separate napkins and set them aside to dry down a bit with each bottle sitting on its own napkin. After a while the whole room smelled heavenly. All my favorite scents were wafting around the room.

I found my very favorite also, Poeme, by Lancome. Here's how Perfume Emporium describes it:

Aromatic, Floral, Sweet-Ambery. Designed by Lancome in 1995, Poeme is a floral, but it does not follow the prevailing transparent trend. It demonstrates a new formula of a single bouquet of scent rather than the usual composition of top, middle, and bottom notes. Florals included are blue poppy, mimosa, jonquil, freesia, rose, and vanilla.

I highly recommend it.

And if you are able to dress at home but don't want to smell too strongly when you go out, then I would suggest that you spray your clothes with your favorite perfume. The scent stays with your clothes, and not on you. Just be careful of overspray...

Wearing Nokomis at the moment. Heavenly earthly!
    Huggs Lilly

we try to live in a scent free world, the chemicals in perfume are toxic to our body, and many people over the years of exposure have developed severe sensitivities, some can be life threatening as the airways constrict. That is why many places are now scent free and you will see posters everywhere as such, take a look. Think about it,perfume is not as innocent and simple smelling nice, sure it smells nice but i think twice before putting more chemicals into (and on is into) my body

Quote Originally Posted by CINDYO View Post
    we try to live in a scent free world, the chemicals in perfume are toxic to our body, and many people over the years of exposure have developed severe sensitivities, some can be life threatening as the airways constrict. That is why many places are now scent free and you will see posters everywhere as such, take a look. Think about it,perfume is not as innocent and simple smelling nice, sure it smells nice but i think twice before putting more chemicals into (and on is into) my body

WOW!! I never saw a scent free sign or poster before. You make it sound like a NO SMOKING sign. MMmmmm, If anyone needs a sign like that it would be the entrance to the cosmetics and jewlery section of all MACY'S . You know where they do need a scent free sign, right along the New Jersey Turnpike up around exit 13. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CINDYO View Post
    Yeah, I agree, this seems a bit harsh. It's like, "great, caffeine will kill me...no wait, it won't. Alcohol will kill me, well only in excess unless some other idiot is drinking & driving. Now PERFUME??? I'm not buying this so much but if it happened to be true, I'll be lowered into the ground smelling pretty!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

you missed the point again, I don't make the rules just reporting them, inhaled chemicals are what they are whether we like it or not

I love 'Desire' by Victoria's Secret. I wear it as Kimberly, and as Tim, and have only had nice compliments like 'you smell really nice!' It was just yesterday in the elevator on my way to the optometrist that two GG's in there with me complimented me for the sweet smell. I do love that!! It is a must have for me to go out as Kimberly, and it is mostly on my clothes and wig to keep the smell with me for a few hours.

I also spritz a bit on my bedding now and again, it just feels better to smell something sweet as i drift off to sleep..

I have heard and seen the no perfume zones, some of the support groups here in the twin cites have that policy, due to those with allergies to same. I honor their desires when I know I will be at a meeting, because I know a few that get sick because of it.

I have always used women's perfume for a couple of years now! Love it to bits!

Chantilly by Dana, is sold online for about $25.00,USD for a 3.5 oz bottle, and Shalimar by Guerlian, is sold at Nordstrom's for $123.00,USD for 3oz. Both can be purchased for less if you shop around. These are the only two fragrances i wear when in female mode. They are the only two i like for a woman to wear if she can. Since the chemical make up of some people prohibit them from wearing all or some fragrances I would only want my lady to wear what she is able to.

Since there are some fragrances which make me stink worse then if i had not taken a shower i stick to the two (or four) i can wear. In male mode it's Royall Lyme by Royall Lyme Limited, Bermuda, or Colorado Sage by Jess Bell.
    Last edited by SarahLynn; 12-15-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)