Thread: Hydroxycut - before and after pic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hydroxycut - before and after pic

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Aspiring Member
    I tried Hydroxycut a couple of years ago. I used it for 2 months. I got no results from it so I stopped.
    Diane Elizabeth

The only thing I ever saw Hydroxycut do for my son was give him liver failure, so bad that he was days from dying when he finally went to the hospital. Two years later he is healthy again, but can never drink alcohol.......Stephanie

from wikipedia...

Like many nutraceuticals, its efficacy has been questioned and not well-supported by research. (...)

The New York Times reported in 2003 that internal documents from the manufacturer of Hydroxycut indicated that the company buried studies showing that Hydroxycut was ineffective, covered up evidence of cardiac side effects, and even tampered with the documents it submitted as evidence in the lawsuit. (...)

On May 1, 2009, the FDA issued a warning to consumers to stop using Hydroxycut products, due to 23 reports of serious health problems associated with the use of Hydroxycut, and at least one death. (...)

In one study, reported in the American Journal of Gastroenterology, researchers analyzed 17 cases of liver damage among Hydroxycut users that had not yet appeared in the medical literature. Nine of the cases had been reported to the FDA, while eight were seen by the authors of the study. Looking at factors like patients' risk factors for liver disease and the timing of their Hydroxycut use, the researchers found that for eight of the liver-damage cases, there was a greater than 95 percent likelihood that the weight-loss aid was to blame.
    I say don't do it. if you're looking to lose weight, do it the right way and search for certified professional help... shortcuts aren't good in this case
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'll also advise staying away from hydroxycut, spend your money on something of better value and benefit towards losing weight. ex, running shoes, jump rope, fruits, vegetables, etc.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Irrespective of the health dangers posed by OTC diet medications, the ads are mostly fraudulent. I cannot remember if it was a magazine article or a television program, but I saw/read and expose' which revealed the tricks and techniques which photographers and models use to take "before" and "after" pictures. One of the interesting little tidbits was that really good photographers and experienced models could take both the before and after pictures at the same photo session.

Starr I have read the same things. Another thing I notice on all these commercials, no one smiles in "fat mode" and they normally slouch and wear unflattering clothes. If it's a guy in the pic his hair is usually a mess where in the after pics everybody's happy big smiles, girls with perfect make up, etc.

I saw on the news or read in the paper(a couple of years ago) that the product was being pulled from the market because of potential kidney damage so the liver damage doesn't surprise me.

BTW, the best diet supplement is a camera. Have someone take pics in 360 degrees and you will be losing weight before you know it.

99.99% of all those suppliments are a waste of money. Stick to fresh fruits and veggies, fish, and stay away from prepared food like the plague. Oh yeah, exersize, exersize !!!
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    Starr I have read the same things. Another thing I notice on all these commercials, no one smiles in "fat mode" and they normally slouch and wear unflattering clothes. If it's a guy in the pic his hair is usually a mess where in the after pics everybody's happy big smiles, girls with perfect make up, etc.

I saw on the news or read in the paper(a couple of years ago) that the product was being pulled from the market because of potential kidney damage so the liver damage doesn't surprise me.
    I forgot to mention that sometimes they shoot the "after" pics first, when the model is in his/her best shape of the day. Then the model drinks a lot of water which bulges the abdomen out even if you're Mr. Olympia, and they use the mussed-up hair, frowning face, sloppy clothes approach.

I remember reading the Schneider, the skinny superintendent with the beer belly in the old TV series One Day at a Time would drink 5-6 glasses of water before filming to get the slob look down pat.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I must say, dont do it, this cannot be overstated. But to the question of a before and after picture. Before, a sloppywhite Undershirt and matching boxer briefs. After, a leotard and tights with heels, full breast augmentation at work, and glam to the max. (An unattainable dream even now but a nice thought to have)

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Of course, there's always the old perfect diet. Eat less food. Start by cutting out all liquid calories. That usually works for a while. When you plateau out, then you have to start skimming the solid food carbs as well (nearly all liquid calories are carbs).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Marcy,

I think the website already has a section which you might appreciate.

Go to the Picture and Video Gallery Forum, and click on the Boy Mode vs. Girl Mode threads. The main focus is on before and after photos, boy/drab vs. girl/drag type.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcyHunter View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Thanks for all the input - I have always been leery of trying it and heard that certain products of theirs have been pulled.

Back to what I was really interested in is posting a before pic of yourself in drab and posting some sexy pic of yourself en femme. Wouldn't that be hilarious?!

[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    99% of that junk they advertise is quackery at best, dangerous at worst. (Ah, I love these lose-weight-quickly product hucksters... the amount of quackery in the weight loss industry makes the quackery in the hair removal industry seem small by comparison.)

If you are self conscious about how you look, you could always incorporate a corset as part of your lingerie shoot.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 12-16-2011 at 05:59 AM.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Do u want the bad news? There is no miracle drug to shed pounds. Take my word for it. Diet and a ton of excersise is all that works. Cut back on what u eat, watch the between meal snacks, and no regular soda. Combine that with excersise. I get to the gym at least 3-4 times a week for a few hours each time. A mix of weights and cardio. It took almost a whole year, but i an down almost 35 pounds and keeping it off.

The easist and best advise I've been given is eat less - move more. In its most simplest form, you burn about 1500 calories a day doing just about nothing. If you eat 2000 calories a day you'll gain about a pound a week. If you eat 1000 calories a day you'll lose about a pound a week. More more lose more. Eat less lose more.... just remember, everything in moderation. If all else fails, see the md and ask them for a script for appitite supressents....

Renne.....