Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What occupation generates the most CDers?

Reading the room...
    Technical, Engineering, and computer/it things seem to be common.
    So what
    ?
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Diesel Mechanic...........rough on the nails and preferred scent is Ode #2
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    I sure agree with Cheryl T...I have been dressing since 8 years old. I am facinated with the stories read about occupations. We cover them ALL! I have retired from supervising both hourly and salaried people all my working years...many of both. I have worked long days and many without time off including weekends. My wife states I work hard and play even harder.
    The stress of the day just dissappears when I dress and I relax both mentally and physically.
    I am a engineer by trade and enjoy the "putting together" as much as the "tear-down". Late in my life I am wanting to know...how garters feel and work, walking in heels, make-up secrets, full slips/half slips, skirts vs dresses...simply utilizing engineering couriousity.

When I was 11 years old my parents asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said I wanted to be a poet. This was apparently the wrong answer because within months I was in British boarding school. My parents decided I should be a university professor but I decided to become an artist. I've made custom jewelry all my life, mostly sacred, magickal, metaphysical and spiritual symbols in gold and silver. I love what I do but I don't think it had any more to do with my genderqueerness than anything else. It was just something I was lucky enough to discover brought me joy and paid the bills. I suppose that's slightly better than being a poet, a job that only very very rarely pays pays for anything except a couple of drinks in a friendly pub.

Surgeons. Oh wait. That's the answer to "what occupation creates the most transsexuals".

Occupation to CD

I retired 25 as a professional firefighter/paramedic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Surgeons. Oh wait. That's the answer to "what occupation creates the most transsexuals".
    Nicole, that is definitely classic... witty beyond belief! ROTFLMAO!

Platinum Member
    Hi Bev, 40years in the heavy petroleum industry and licensed master electrician.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

We had this discussion on the alt.transgendered newsgroup back in the early nineties. Computer people, and smarter people in general are simply more likely to find internet sites like this. Dumbasses won't usually be found; and lots are so deep in the closet that they won't ever be found. I don't think any occupation is over represented among crossdressers.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I think this may have more to do with how we view ourselves. For example, if we were worried about having our masculinity challenged, we might choose more male-identified activities, hobbies and occupations. However, I think all this happens on a very subconscious level.

And for the record, 41st year as a mechanical engineer, but including side trips as a computer programmer, simulation analyst and a quality assurance analyst.

Airline pilot. I have piloted 747's and 777's all over (literally) planet earth.

Professional audio visual systems designer and presentation tech. In my career, we have provided AV gear and done thousands of medical seminars on every subject including CDing psychological aspects, transsexualism, SRS surgery, and conventions on make-up, hairstyling, fashion shows galore. We have done dozens of entertainment appearances with FIs and DQs. OUT and ABOUT conventions. Not to mention every technical convention and seminar imaginable.

My whole career started cause I was the geeky little kid who could run the projectors and sound systems in elementary school. It has served me well.

Dustman. trainee accountant, soldier, sailor, Preventive Medicine Advisor, psychotherapist. I´ve got all the T-shirts - and probably a problem.

My take is that musicians, make the most CDs, from what I hear in the charts......
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

a stay at home dad. Plenty of opportunitys to dress up

School Boys! ..... Well, since I started cross dressing well before puberty, my occupation then was "school boy".
    And of course I was already a crossdresser well before I got into any career(s) and I can't remember any decisions being made just because I was a crossdresser.
    I'm happy being male but happier in a skirt!
    I'm a strong man on the outside and a strong woman on the inside.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deborahtg42 View Post
    Estimates of around 5% of people are considered Transgendered although as Sara said above this could be as high as 10%
    I've heard this statistic bandied about, and I personally think 10% is wishful thinking, but 5% might actually be realistic.

Which leads me to some interesting thoughts. The company I work for has something around 400 employees (probably more by now, but let's keep it simple). Assume half are genetic men. Then apply the 5% statistic, and there should be a total of 10 men who identify as transgendered there. So now I wonder: Which of my male coworkers are actually one of my nine sisters?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    10. Cashier in a convience store
    9. Fashion designer
    8. Disney World tour guide
    7. Actor in British comedies
    6. Palm Springs realtor
    5. Television weatherman
    4. Makeup artist
    3. Office machine repairman
    2. Walmart greeter

And the number one prefered job of crossdressers . . .
    1. FBI Director
    1. FBI Director-------now thats funny

In YEARS gone by, did some of us lean to a macho lifestyle, to validate a need to fit in. Seems a lot of Military, First Responders, Coal Miner. I am in my 60's and in a fairly macho profession, which would not be real open minded as far as co-workers. Years ago, there was this lonely feeling to this "hobby".