Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you look nicer in male mode since you started dressing?

I think that because we try hard to blend in "en femme" mode that our male persona innevitably gets taken along for the ride as well.
    It is not a jekyll/hyde clash but a blending of both and i think our dress sense in either mode benefit

Over the past few years my male presentation has changed just a tiny bit ... I think.. Like for starters I changed my every day nail color from clear to light pink to now gold with a clear glitter top coat.. I have had all my facail hair zapped off. What little body hair I had got thin and then quit growing .. I have lost 25 pounds and gained 40 D breast...and I wear Estee Lauder purfume every day now .. And I have been arching my eyebrows and tightening the skin underneath my eyes with eyecream to remove some dark circles and even my skin tone so it looks more like i am wearing foundation.. The funny thing about it is that no one has paided it a whole lot of attention to any of it because I have done it SLOWLY...

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Paine View Post
    Yes, it is a sort of rebellion for me. The male clothing is "not me" and I've always viewed it as pressure to conform.
    Thanks for your honesty, Lea. I can understand this attitude if someone is transsexual, or questioning whether or not they are TS.

But this is to everyone - I don't understand the not caring about male presentation from CDers who say they do identify male. If such a CDer is either young or doesn't go out much, and depending on the lifestyle, I suppose I can see not wanting to depart from wearing blue jeans and bang-around Tshirts or henleys. But, to those of you in relationships who do go out to restaurants, shows, etc where people dress a little nicer, is there any desire at all to present nicely even if it is for your SO?

I'll tell you something from my perspective. I like to dress for myself, this is true, but I also especially enjoy looking nice when I am out with my SO so that he can be proud of me. I would not dream of going out on a date in my regular, well-worn clothes that I wear every day (unless we were just going to the local diner or something). Not that I dress up to the nines when we go out locally, but I do try to look my best even if it is a casual evening, or at least better than I look when I'm just running to the store for milk. I dunno ... maybe women are socialized to be pleasing to the eye more than men are, but even when I see my sons get ready to take their girlfriends out, I note they take extra care with choosing their best available "look", shaving extra close, etc. And as they got older, away from the teenage years, their tastes in mens clothing matured too, to the point of appreciating a nice sweater, pants that are flattering, and shoes that are not sneakers.

Does any of this make sense to anyone here who doesn't take pride in their male appearance and who is not TS? Do you not want your wives or girlfriends to be proud of your appearance?
    Reine

Banned Read only
    If I ever was to present as male I would be drop dead gorgeous.

Julia

I still look better in male mode then dress mode still shave once a week but oh I do like wearing bra and panties
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I believe that my presentation as a male is much better. Since going 24/7 Ive lost weight and I've groomed myself much better. Also I have a much better attitude about my looks since " Katrina Maureen " , now " Arlene " hasappeared on the scene.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Yes, I am keeping myself better groomed, keeping my weight under control, wear a lot of sport jackets and kilts in guy mode. I don't like going out looking shabby anymore. Didn't used to bother me. My wife even commented about the change and appreciates the fact that I make an attempt to look better.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I think I use Josie to help motivate me to take better care of my male self. Try to maintain good diet and exercise (desperately clinging to a size 14 hoping to see size 12 again someday ). Better grooming, skin care, etc. Trying to find more creative ways to present the male half....

So yea, I guess there's some cross influence happening
    Last edited by Josie M; 12-18-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

There are several of you all in a row who like to also look nice in guy mode. So ... I wonder if the CDers who hate looking nice as guys are, in fact, not all that happy about being guys? Even if it is subconscious?
    Reine

I feel crossdressing got rid of my shyness and I am nicer to this day.My father agrees with me on this and says my life has changed.

I would say that I look better as a guy sinced I started crossdressing, I watch my diet and my grooming habits have improved but I have to admit that really thin brows and moobs don't look so natural while on drab most of the time I wear a cap to minimize the attention of thin brows and I canot longer use tight shirts because the moobs show tru .

But you know what people? (Those of you who say that you keep your bodies trimmer, and take better care of your skin in guy mode) ... do you do this out of pride of being a guy, or is it because you want to look cuter as a girl?

I'm asking the non-TSs or the non-questioningTSs here.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But you know what people? (Those of you who say that you keep your bodies trimmer, and take better care of your skin in guy mode) ... do you do this out of pride of being a guy, or is it because you want to look cuter as a girl?

Definitely cuter as a girl

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ME2.0 View Post
    Do you look nicer in male mode since you started dressing?
    I suppose so. I mean to say that now that I have had 13 sessions of laser facial hair removal I don't have the dirty or scruffy stubble beard growth anymore, plus my eyebrows are thinner and more nicely shaped, plus I apply hand cream often and my fingernails are nicely manicured.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Well considering i've been dressing for a looooooong time lol who knows? I mean I did go thru a phase of wearing nothing but baggy clothes with platinum blonde hair but that was mostly just because I was really self conscious of my body among other things. Considering I'm kinda doing the whole androgynous presentation full time I'm always well dressed but I guess that would be a matter of opinion now wouldn't it?

I do shave every day though just because I absolutely abhor body hair of any kind and keep up with mani/pedi's/eyebrows though I do most of it myself these days to save money. I would say though that my grooming habits have kept the wrinkles at bay...so far lol...and I've been told more than once I look nothing like my age. Genes...hygiene habits....who knows lol...just thank goodness I don't look older than what I am!

Just because you're presenting as a male doesn't mean you have to come across as a total slob. Even doing a little like finding or getting clothes tailored to fit you will probably a) give you more self confidence and b) catch the attentive eye of your SO.
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

I do wish to look better as a girl, and "cuter" is great, but "passable" is the real goal. However, there are also times that I wish I could push boundaries in guy mode...at least try to be a little more creative in developing that look. There's a whole "corporate dress code" that carries implied limits.... Funny, a GG friend of mine was just remarking today about maybe the reason I dress if for the creative outlet....and that's at least partially true I think.

On the other hand, when I started a family of my own, I grew a beard and kept it for a while (much to my wife's chagrin ). In that case, I was sub-consciously blocking Josie. Eventually, I came to understand that Josie is part of who I am blocking her is neither appropriate not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

nope. still love super baggy clothes, and don't really take care of my hair, even tho i do wear it long. people describ my male style as the "stoner" look.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Big Brown takes up 12 hours a day 5 days a week of my life. They are very explicit on what we can and can not wear if it can be seen ....if it shows .. black, white or brown.. . we can have our uniforms taylored to fit better but still only so much you can do. I could wear pantyhose to work if I so chose as long as it falls into the color code even a cami on place of a "T" but not pink.
    I do shave every day (well most days) wear eye cream, smell as nice as I can and want to look as good as the job will allow.
    So do I care more in GUY mode.. sure I do.

I am going to say that I do take better care of my skin. Moisturize moisturize moisturize. My shaving has gone from maybe once a week to almost everyday.

When it comes to clothes- male stuff (icky yucky bleech) don't really care what happens to them. Stains, rips, and holes pretty normal for most my drab stuff. I would like a nice suit but that is another story. My enfemme clothes are always hung up and well taken care of. No rips and if anything spills I get to it right away. Always washed and pretty smelling. Lots o work but well worth it.

Nope, not really. Now that I CD more I have even less time or energy to put into my male attire! Not that I ever really did. But I guess I do have more motivation to keep in shape now.

I'm thinner! My skins softer and I take more care of myself as a man. But going into my 40's I knew I needed to take my health more seriously anyway

My female beauty products do have a positive affect on my male appearance (I think I look a few years younger?)

So my female side really does improve my male side in lots of ways

YES!

I get loads of compliments that I look good and youthfull for my age.

I guess keeping your skin well maintained, regular pruning, exercise, and eating well all pays off!

I love looking my best x

When not in femme mode, I rarely shave daily, and dress like crap really, probably because I haven't bought male clothing in over 3 years. I now detest shopping for my guy self and find it about as exciting as watching cheese age. I do however, stay epilated!!!

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    Unfortunately not really, my face is too less contour without beard. But hey, the transparent improves also my male self and sometimes my longer hair.
    Studying nature (since 8 years) but still figuring myself out (since 18 years ^^ - should have started earlier)

Korean music is cool and girly: Orange Caramel, Girls Generation, Kara