Thread: Finding local CDs

Finding local CDs

sooo.... a few days agoI (naively) thought of this awesome plan to meet other cds in my area by making a craigslist posting... just to see if there was anyone cool i could talk with or even meet. I put it in the plutonic friends section, since that's what I'm looking for (until the right gurl comes along). Little did I realize that section is full of creeps! I got loads of emails from bots and pervy guys asking to see me naked.

I guess craigslist is a pretty skeezy site to begin with... but does anyone have suggestions for places in the community I can go to find other cds

Joyce,

I would think that any support groups in your area would be a good one. Another thought is to look at the members on this site to see if any are near you. But, if you are like me, I can't be lucky either way. I've found mention of one group in my area on a website that has not been updated in quite a few years. The email contact is to aol.com or something like that. I haven't emailed the person. I figure the group is not too active. I've searched some of the profiles here looking too. I haven't been sucessful. So, I'm in West Virginia. Anyone else around here?

I should also mention that I'm in a committed relationship with a GG and, like Joyce, I'm only seeking friendship.

Leanne

Hi Joyce. I see that you are on the same coast that I am. Unless you live in a small town a long ways from a good sized city, you may have trouble finding someone more local to just be friends with but it is very possible. I started on this site over 4 years ago and have met a lot of wonderful people here, met as in face to face. Unfortunately, most are not local, some rarely come to town, and others come to town often more frequently, but not often enough for my needs. I have also met friends off of uarenotalone.com by contacting people whose profiles appeared worth the risk. I also occasionally use their in house chat and have met some nice people that way too. I also network with those that I meet to see if any other compatible souls maybe nearby. Another way to meet people is through local support and get together groups. You may have to search for those, as most are not that obvious nor easy to find. I belong to some local meet up groups and that helps too. Craigslist is a so-so place. Yes, there are a lot of freaks, admirers and, lurkers there. However, occasionally you can find someone just like you. I just takes a lot of work and corresponding bother of dealing with the trash too. Good luck.

Well that's the other thing... there isnt one around me that i know of (and ive looked). There is an LGBT group sort of out of my way a bit... but I don't know if I really identify with them.

Joyce, you will never know how you feel about that LGBT group unless you contact them. Until you do that and talk with them, you really have no idea whether they are a good match for you or not, right? One thing to consider is that networking is a great way to do and to find out about a lot of things, not just "T" things. Networking is one of the best ways to get a job when no one is hiring. If you go to a group that only meets some of your needs, but not all, then you should consider that a benefit. Enjoy what you can and try to network within that group. Who knows what you may find? If you had a lot of other options, then I could see a reason to not contact them. Just think of them as a starting point to reach your goal. Where are you located?

I've met many local crossdressers through facebook and URnotalone and Yahoo IM. Made some good local friends.... If you don't have a local group it just takes a while to find them and then weed out the ones that just want to get into your panties..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    The easiest thing would be to tell us what town/state that you live in or are close to. There are groups in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham and I'm sure that there are a couple more in Washington state. I think that there are several in Oregon as well.
    Dana Ryan

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Silver Member
    urnotalone.com is a good source
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Check to see if there is a Tri-Ess chapter located near your town. http://www.tri-ess.org
    -Audrey

anyone have luck meeting others locally for activities other than socials/night-outs/parties? social activities for the sake of socializing isn't my cup of tea.

Platinum Member
    yeah, I probably wouldn't use Craigs list....there are simply too many predators and other assorted creeps lurking around. I found that I made friends through this site - surprising number of Texas girls around here - and through the local TG support group.

I was looking recently for TG groups close to home. I was fairly shocked at what I found on the net. Absolute filth. The registered groups appear to be nothing more than guys on the prowl for TG "swingers". I'm not sure how to find like-minded people. I'll have to look harder.

You have to watch out for those plutonic friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    urnotalone.com is a good source
    Not just a good source, a great source!
    Dana Fleming

Good thing you learned before you got into an actual personal encounter with some severe copnsequence. We had a sleazy bunch of "personal" ads on our local Kijiji ad site until it got so bad that the entire section was closed. I would never have posted anything on it, and never answered any of the ads. Rumours abound that some of the personal ads were setups to rob victims in a shabby situation where the victim would not go to the police.

I just looked at meetup. Why is there a photo of babies sitting in buckets of water? Is this an alternative to diapers? Or a new way to bathe your baby on the run? LOL! Or, don't I get out that much?