Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to avoid full transition

Reasons to avoid full transition

I have always wondered if there are strong reasons that many choose not to avoid transition. I know fully that many of us just simply have no interest in pushing the limits beyond wearing the clothes. It may be a much smaller group that opts to ignore what they feel due to body issues an otherwise. I personally know that I could never truly pass as a female as my build would give me away instantly are there others that reason there way out of a transition for similar reasons? I have always been curious where the line is that a person is comfortable crossdressing but either chooses or just has no interest in becoming female full time.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

I think there is a very prominent line separating the two.
    CD's just want to dress up adopt feminine mannerisms and look feminine while still having male sexual urges.
    Some would like breast tissue and little else for enhancement.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Those that wish to transition usually dislike their genitalia, usually would like relationships with men,
    wish to live full time as a woman and undertake hormone therapy, and painful surgical procedures to achieve this.
    They have probably identified as a female most of their lives choosing feminine traits over male ones.
    That is how I have observed it over the years.
    It is sad that some people who transition can not attain a good feminine look, they usually feel better for it.

I have a gay friend who came out to me thinking I would shun him. No I am not gay.
    I know three girls who were once men..
    Well they look like great girls. To watch the slow personality and physical change over the years was a wonderful experience.
    No! I did not come out to them, they were grateful to have a memory of the thread of their previous lives to talk freely about.
    I make Gay jokes AS A MAN with my gay friend and lots of transition jokes with the girls. I support all four.
    It is still difficult thinking of them as women but they looked awesome in bikinis a few years ago...
    No! I would not kiss them either. Will I ever come out to them? It might spoil the illusion.

My only reasons for not transitioning fully is lack of money and my 3 girls,I would love to transition 100%,sometimes life just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thechic View Post
    My only reasons for not transitioning fully is lack of money and my 3 girls,I would love to transition 100%,sometimes life just sucks.
    I think my primary reason for not investigating surgery is my wife. After my accepting wife that helps my dressing any way possible I would have to say that i have severe body issues that will always prevent me going truly public.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

For me, the main reason I don't persue that path is because I don't have the internal drive or desire. I do love wearing womens cloths and I also would love to physically be female, but as I have questioned myself on an average day, doing my average work, living with my family, when I ask myself at those times if I want to transition, my answer is almost always "no". I have no desire to live 24/7.

I just like being me, which is being able to wear the cloths I want, sometimes male, sometimes female. I don't want to try to force myself to be fully one way or the other.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I am 6'8".. That's really enough said there.. Also, I like my male self and the people I have in my life in male mode. I'm a person that typically stays away from drama, so to be forced to come out to all of my loved ones in an attempt to keep them in my life is just too daunting of a task. And would likely be unsuccessful.

With all that said, I will be perfectly honest and say that I have fantasized about this very scenario. I wonder what it would be like to go all the way with this. Would I be happy (not necessarily happier, but happy) with that transition... And I believe it's a good possiblity that it would be a welcome change of pace. But i guess my ultimate dream would be the ability to shape shift whenever i felt like it, but since that is impossible, that leads me to the most important reason why i would never fully transition. And that is.....

There's no going back!!
    Last edited by Melody1985; 12-16-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Money, or the lack of has always been my only reason! And now perhaps health issues! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Laziness.... Being a woman full time is way too much work! Lol. ...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I don't want to transition simply because I like being a guy. I do enjoy wearing women's clothes and dressing up, but that's as far as my desire goes.

the vast majority don't transition because they are not female (ts)... for many cd's its a big part of the fantasy and it can be hard to figure out where to draw the line...especially when there are a number of ts women that felt they were crossdressing for many years..

one simple thing that i've noticed over many years being a big sister to all kinds of tg folks is the more a person fears and pushes back against transition, the more likely they are ts..conversely it is the folks that talk of transition as something wonderful and exciting that are never going to do it (likely because its a fantasy)....fantasies are enjoyable, transition (and the prospect of it) is not.

transition is painful, expensive (in every way) and destructive ...it can be humiliating and the physical changes are very rarely significant without major surgeries....there is no pill for being 6'2 (or 6'8")..

most ts women older than 30 would say the only thing that drove them to it was a need so strong that it challenged our ability to survive...

I think if we are honest we have at least thought about it at some stage, but as mentioned earlier "fantasy" is a wonderful thing.

I have a little different take on this transition issue.. I would, ideally, like to be castrated, and put on an estrogen therapy regimen...I have no desire for a vagina...Just no testes..My transition seems to be in progress already..I wear women's clothing frequently, although androgynous..not blatant, pink frilly, frou frou stuff...It's a simple operation, and one that, through testosterone therapy, can be reversed (hormonally)..As I recall I have had this desire for many years....I may go through with this eventually....Who knows?
    smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Banned Read only
    The number one reason not to transition is that your not TS/IS.

Julia

Platinum Member
    In my view, we represent a broad continuum of gender blends - from guys who dress for sexual pleasure exclusively, to individuals who, except for being borne with male genitalia, feel and view themselves as women. Many of us are at different points of that continuum, and along that line are some who don't feel the need to transition. Really, this isn't a competition...not all of us need to dress completely fem, go out in public or undergoe SRS and HRT. I am glad for those who find their comfort zone, regardless of where that may be along the continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    In my view, we represent a broad continuum of gender blends - from guys who dress for sexual pleasure exclusively, to individuals who, except for being borne with male genitalia, feel and view themselves as women. Many of us are at different points of that continuum, and along that line are some who don't feel the need to transition. Really, this isn't a competition...not all of us need to dress completely fem, go out in public or undergoe SRS and HRT. I am glad for those who find their comfort zone, regardless of where that may be along the continuum.
    No one can prove or disprove whether there is a continuum , it's not a competition.. no ts will say its a competition or that they "won" anything..(despite the rewards of living life in a correct gender role)..this whole idea of competition is 100% from coming from people that don't transition somehow feeling maligned for it..for the record, i view being ts getting screwed by life.. i might have achieved a positive outcome but it came at a huge cost across all facets of my life..and i will continue to pay for it for the rest of my days..

another way to think about this is that the statement julia and I made is the logical conclusion of your assertion... if you stipulate that the idea of a continuum is valid, only people at the farthest end of the spectrum will find it necessary to transition
    and fantasies about transition and "going all the way" are positive experiences for crossdressers up until the point where they impact a persons quality of life

Banned Read only
    I fully agree Kaitlyn.

A competition implies that there is perhaps a reward at the end for the winner.

In the TS/IS camp for those that transition there is no winner, only periods of calm between emotional, legal and financial upheaval.

This is why you see a very high percentage of TS/IS people not just attempting but completing suicide.

The real winners if any in all of this would be the people who can just dress without worry of losing their whole life due to having to transition.

Be happy to be just a cross dresser or a part timer because the closer to the flame you get the closer to burning in your own private hell happens.

Five years after transitioning to full time I keep walking but look back over my shoulder to see the embers of my former life still smoldering.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    No one can prove or disprove whether there is a continuum , it's not a competition.. no ts will say its a competition or that they "won" anything..(despite the rewards of living life in a correct gender role)..this whole idea of competition is 100% from coming from people that don't transition somehow feeling maligned for it..for the record, i view being ts getting screwed by life.. i might have achieved a positive outcome but it came at a huge cost across all facets of my life..and i will continue to pay for it for the rest of my days..

another way to think about this is that the statement julia and I made is the logical conclusion of your assertion... if you stipulate that the idea of a continuum is valid, only people at the farthest end of the spectrum will find it necessary to transition
    and fantasies about transition and "going all the way" are positive experiences for crossdressers up until the point where they impact a persons quality of life

Quote Originally Posted by Melody1985 View Post
    I am 6'8".. That's really enough said there..
    LOL...thats some serious tall ...!!!

Along with all the other reasons already given, let's just say that there's still a lot to be said for being able to pee standing up, as well as anywhere handy whenever the call of nature strikes unexpectedly.

That, and being able to write your name in the snow - although for some of us older forum members here, the use of a stencil for that purpose might be quite helpful...

My main reason was that I wasn't willing to take my kids' father away from them, and another issue was my height, 6'5". Also, I couldn't use my own hair due to a receding hairline and later some balding on top. Even with all that, I was getting very close to trying to live full time except for work and when I got together with my kids, but life intervened when I had to move back home to take full-time care of my father when his health declined badly. That was the end of that.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member
    ..... the statement julia and I made is the logical conclusion of your assertion... if you stipulate that the idea of a continuum is valid, only people at the farthest end of the spectrum will find it necessary to transition and fantasies about transition and "going all the way" are positive experiences for crossdressers up until the point where they impact a persons quality of life
    You need not stipulate the validity of a continuum. The continuum, as I clearly stated, is my view of the population - call it a bell shaped curve, a melting pot, a random assembly of disparate human beings who share but one common interest if you will. For me, the continuum serves as a useful construct for visuallizing and comprehendng a population of individuals. You can use this construct or reject it as you see fit.

Nor am I persuaded that my observation suggests that those on either end of my proposed continuum are necessarily enjoying "positive experiences". If the random people who find themselves posting on this site are any indication, regardless of where they fall on my proposed continuum, or where they are in their life journies, are clearly not enjoying life for a variety of reasons. Nothing we do can assure happiness. But we can pursue happiness - or not. That's our individual choice.

I don't for a minute suggest that transitioning is Nirvana, nor that I'd minimize losses and the embers of lives past.

cmon!!!

its hard to disagree with you kim when you really arent saying anything....

For me, it is because I like androgyny. I dislike the binary sex, or gender of our culture. Older cultures honored people like myself, though they more honored those that were truly of mixed sex. How in the world a perfectly natural ocurance such as IS is shunned in our culture is beyond me. Julia states about how in our culture IS people do usually complete suicide. My love is no different. In many many ways our culture is really really sick.

Well anyway, I feel that if I were to fully transition I would just be folding into those expectations that society has rightly or wrongly instilled on us. I sooo wish more would take my path to be honest.

I want the freedom to wear what I like with no one thinking I am crazy, mentally incompetent to fly, OR determining my sexual orientation, and then using that to insult me. (both women and men do this to people of our ilk, as you all know).

Now, if I did want to fully transition I would most likely not have the money to do it anyway. It seems to do it you have to have a really good income, or be in prison. Once again the working poor are messed over :P (that was written partially tongue in cheek)
    Last edited by Pythos; 12-16-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Platinum Member
    cmon!!!

its hard to disagree with you kim when you really arent saying anything....
    You're welcome to your opinion, KM

Quote Originally Posted by Melody1985 View Post
    I am 6'8".. That's really enough said there..
    Brittney Griner is 6'8". You could do worse than a career in the WNBA. I'm just sayin'. . .

The reason I have never transitioned is my habit of repressing what I don't want to think about, what I'm afraid to think about. SRS is out of the question at my age and in my circumstances. But the idea of living 24/7 as a woman is very attractive to me. I'm turning my thoughts these days as to how that might be possible. If not 24/7, then at least a lot more than I'm currently doing. There would have to be some big changes in my current situation. But I'm considering things.

there are lots of reasons; money, that can be overcome; looks, you'll never pass; there is no going back; and probably a bunch more. But my favorite is it will take the thrill and fun out of it. You will just be another girl trying to get by, prettier than your former self, but still, you still have to do laundry make a living, etc.
    I think the high I get from dressing would be come routine and not be a high any more and honestly I like the buzz it is cheap, relatively, legal, may be habit forming and of course FUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee