Thread: To Shave or NOT To Shave

To Shave or NOT To Shave

Went to work in my 50/50 today, today was our Christmas party, and most of us dressed in something Christmasy, anyway I was hassled (in a fun way) about NOT shaving my legs.

When I dress, I present myself as a MAN in a skirt and heels carrying a purse.

I don't shave my legs because of what I have heard from most women I have talked to, they say they prefer that a man does Not shave his legs.

Of course, I am sure most of these women also prefer that a man wouldn't wear anything feminine.

So today, nearly every woman I visited with said, "You HAVE to shave your legs", my response to most of them was "Men don't shave their legs" one of the ladies I said this to, went and got a chair, placed it in front of me, then she stood on the chair, so we were eye to eye, pointing her finger in my face, and said " your wearing a skirt AND high heels, that makes your legs, WOMENS legs, and you WILL shave them " nothing I could do at that point bus say " Yes Ma'am! "

I would really like to get EVERYONES opinion... Since I present myself as a Man in Womens clothing, what do you think, Shave or NOT?
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Hi,

Or i would say Epilate . now iv been doing that for over 7 years & i wonder why, allmost for got most of my body arms breasts tummy & no way near my womens area no need any ways, not even under my arms

I was not heaverly hairy to start with tho a bit black for most of my life & over the last few years they have become white & quite fine, okay age & another matter has helped,
    The more you do it the better is is till from 100% it goes down to about 8 % and the way its going itll be less than 5 % over all no elctro or Lazer in about two three years, & very little cost ,
    Oh by the way yes quite a few men do shave thier ....ah hmmm legs......

You wear a dress or skirt with bloody hairy legs then expect to be told off youv got the message now so act on it,,,,,HE HE .......

...noeleena...

I agree, skirt and heels then shave or epilate, otherwise it just looks gross. Want to look like male? Avoid then the skirt and heels.
    BTW, I am of course not impartial, I love to epilate.
    Work hard, play hard, take care of your pantyhose, remember the golden rule and remember to take good care of your family.

Hey Interwined

You are right to present as a man in a skirt. You look okay I would say. So you're a man that happens to dress like a woman. Everyone can see. You are not really a crossdresser. You don't want to be beautiful. Whether you start shaving now or not you will always be what you want "A man in a dress" I think in a fun way you like to mock crossdressers. I understand. But do as you please I don't think those here will send you back to shave or send you away. To each their own!

Happy Holidays

Tess

Depends what you are trying to achieve; if you want to look like a man in a skirt, do nothing and expect alot of criticism. If you want to present yourself appearing as a female in a skirt, shave them and take less criticism. I personally do not care for the look of a man in female clothing, presenting as a man and I do not think the general public is ready for it either as a whole. This has been tried by designers overseas without success to date. I do not however, hold it against anyone that wishes to do so but I do think you run a higher risk of encountering violent behavior.

I agree that hairy legs in a dress is yucky! But that is my opinion! Best thing for you to do is what I do! Live your life in a way you are happy with! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

You seem to be really pushing the boundaries, so why listen to anybody's opinion? I say, continue to do your thing of creating and developing your own style!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    went and got a chair, placed it in front of me, then she stood on the chair, so we were eye to eye, pointing her finger in my face, and said " your wearing a skirt AND high heels, that makes your legs, WOMENS legs, and you WILL shave them " nothing I could do at that point bus say " Yes Ma'am! "

Unfortunatly I will have to get a chair and agree. ([SIZE=1]maybe no finger pointing though[/SIZE])
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I agree, skirt and heels then shave or epilate, otherwise it just looks gross.
    Thank You Dulcinea..

Quote Originally Posted by Contessa View Post
    I think in a fun way you like to mock crossdressers.
    NO, not at all, well, at least not intentionally. I have a lot of respect for those of you who who go the full mile and present as the opposite gender. May be I am taking the lazy way out. My Spirit, my Soul, my inner being, what ever you want to call it, is Equally male & female, or maybe neither, and that is what I try to present.

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    presenting as a man (in a skirt) and I do not think the general public is ready for it either as a whole. --- but I do think you run a higher risk of encountering violent behavior.
    Agreed, but, I don't think the general public is ready for a man presenting himself in ANY way feminine, and what I do brings more attention to myself (wife calls me a drama queen). I do believe the general public is more accepting of someone who completely presents as the opposite gender, than what I do, because it's something they have seen before, either in person, or in film or comedies.

I tend to disagree about the violent behavior, I have never percieved any anger at what I do, sure, I do hear over my shoulder many W.T.F. & O.M.G.'s, but never anything nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I agree that hairy legs in a dress is yucky!
    Thank You Cynthia, that seems to be the common opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    You seem to be really pushing the boundaries, so why listen to anybody's opinion? I say, continue to do your thing of creating and developing your own style!!!
    It's just me, other peoples opinion IS important to me, IF, there is a way to do it right, thats what I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    Unfortunatly I will have to get a chair and agree. ([SIZE=1]maybe no finger pointing though[/SIZE])
    It was VERY Cute, this lady stands all of 5 foot nothing, I'm 6 foot 7 inches on my heels, Thank You Raychel
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    You should do whatever makes YOU happy...to Hell with everyone else. I will say that since I started shaving my legs, I have been very happy! It feels really good when they are smooth and hairless. Don't forget to moisturize...really makes them feel nice. You will never want to go back to hairy legs!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I choose to shave my legs and care little about what others may think. If you choose not to shave yours it is your right, no matter how disgusting I may find it.

First, do what you want to do. Second, if I see a skirt and bare legs, regardless of who is wearing the skirt (and so far it has always been to the best of my knowledge and poor eye sight), the hair is a real turnoff to me. But ..... go back to First, do whatever makes you feel the best and enjoy it with no doubts. Do not worry about us we will survive.

Intertwined,

Glad to see more posts from you! As a fellow man in a skirt (although I have yet to carry the hand me down purse my wife gave me yet ) I recommend shaving your legs and deciding whether or not you like them shaved. If you do, keep them shaved. If you don't like them shaved but want to move closer to the "expected" look maybe go with thicker denier hosiery or tights to cover the leg hair.

Other opinions are worth considering and evaluating within the framework of who and what you are.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    Don't forget to moisturize...
    What do you, and others, use to moisturize?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I shaved, or epilated, my legs and other places for the better part of 60 years. When my wife died 6 years ago, I realized that my body actually had very little hair on it. So I rarely do anything about the hair on my legs now, but I do moisturize them almost evry day. Any good body cream will work, but get one that says that it moisturizes!! And I do use one that has a feminine fragrance! BTW, I also am a man who dresses like a girl and goes out in public that way! I wear no makeup or wig!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I use Neutragena body oil. Keeps the red bumps at bay, and keeps my skin from f=drying out. I apply it right before I get out of the shower while I'm still wet, then pat my legs dry gently.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!