Thread: Take a picture with Santa, really

Take a picture with Santa, really

I made a friend on a flight about 18 months ago and she knows about Barb and we email occasionally.

Last month she inspired when she suggested that Barb "go to the mall and have your picture taken by the Christmas tree". I had seen the perfect place for a picture at our mall a few days after your email and then it all connected. Barb was going to get her picture with Santa.

Well last week I did just that, almost. I rallied the nerve and then planned the day with that as an objective.
    Assuming this is Barb’s story:

Barb got herself looking as good as she could that day and found Santa at the mall and his display would be perfect for some photos. Barb decided she did not want to sit on his lap or use the 17 year old girl photographers, so she found a nearby bench to set the camera with a timer for a picture using the side of the display as a background.

Barb noticed a 30 something woman just coming out of a store. She asked her if she would help to take her picture. She agreed and she was very nice and patient. She had to be, a mom and her little girl also saw the background was a good for photo and ran to the wreath making us wait. When it was Barb’s turn, the patient woman coached her positioning, how to cross her legs and when to smile and then took 5 or 6 shots. She handed the camera back to Barb and said “you looked very nice in the photos,” taking time to point out the one she liked. Barb was not sure what that meant, whether it was “for a guy in woman’s clothes you look nice” or “for an older, homely woman, you looked as good as you could”. Either way, Barb was thrilled!

Barb had just come from Dillard’s where another nice woman helped pick out an outfit. Barb had worn jeans and a red top with black boots. She had brought a cute black skirt to start the outfit plan and asked an SA for some assistance in creating an outfit. The SA suggested a black sweater top and brown print jacket. When Barb came out of the fitting room, the agent said the outfit looked very nice together and that it looked pretty. With that compliment Barb would have bought a burlap bag, but it did look nice. She looked in the mirror and thought she was passable and looked as good as a 50 something woman was going to look and that even exceeded her expectations. Barb felt pretty and was exhilarated.

After the mall, Barb was able to arrange a photo session with Loretta who has been taking photos for years and has a way to make her smile and can wait until she sees the smile for the photo. To end the day Barb then found a nice restaurant ordered a salad and wine and her day was complete.

A long, great day and a long way from “have your picture taken by the Christmas tree”.

It was fun and thank you Shawna for the inspiration.

HAve you been inspired by others to try new things?
    Barb123
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad you went for it and had a great day on your own terms.

I had my picture taken with Santa last year, but the casual pics taken near all the Christmas decorations in the mall turned out better than the Santa picture taken by the "17 year old girl photographer."

Now go out there and find something else fun to do while dressed!

Lookin' good Barb! By your story I can tell you had fun! Keep it up! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: