Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In what ways did your mom encourage your crossdressing?

In what ways did your mom encourage your crossdressing?

She wanted a daughter, she just liked dressing you up etc... What did she make you wear?

Mine didn't have any impact on my dressing. She passed away when I was 12. I began dressing at 13.
    -Audrey

She thinks it's something shameful that I should keep hidden. But she accepts that I do it I suppose.

I believe my mother influenced that I never tried dressing at early age because I've only seen her a few times in a dress or with makeup

Mom dressed me in my older sisters clothes when I was a toddler; also let my hair grow longer than was appropriate for a boy at the time. She stopped with the dressy stuff, but still kept me in her play clothes when I was playing alone and no one else was around. Dad thought it inappropriate, so it then stopped quickly, but the fact that I had been wearing 'girl' clothes when I was young later influenced my self image as to what gender I really was.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Since I could remember my mother said I was supposed to have been a girl. Constantly... She even threatened to make me a dress a few times to wear at halloween. I start to crossdress at 7.... Right after she gave birth to my sister. Coincidence?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Im not digging the lunch lady look ... .sorry, I went a different route.. Something like: H'oo'ters.

By having such nice shapewear, lingerie, and two closets full of nice clothing. And mostly for when I was sick, but not super sick, leaving me home alone from school while she and did workded all day. If she only knew what went on in her bedroom on those days.

My mom always expected a girl. She said she had never, ever even considered the idea that she might have a male baby. Although she didn't dress me in girls' outer clothes, she did like to put nail polish and lipstick on me from time to time. She tolerated my excursions into her wardrobe. She let me get my ears pierced when I was nine, and bought me my first pair of heels when I was 12.

After I went off to junior high and puberty started, I think she realized she had created a crossdresser rather than a real girl, and her interest in encouraging my femme side ceased rather abruptly. We had a don't ask, don't tell policy going for the next forty years after that, although I think she knew all along that I was still doing it.

- Diane

My mom told me she expected a girl. She let me try some of her clothes (best was pantyhose), when I was 4-5 I asked her nail polish like her and she accepted. I also wanted my hair curled she accepted.

When I got again interested into crossdressing (8-9), she told me I looked like a pretty girl. I told her I would have prefered beeing a girl, she told me my crossdressing could be a consolation. She offered her help giving me clothes (dresses, skirts, shoes, stockings) and some make up.

But I stopped this too soon (13), because of the pressure of school friends (about being male, etc...). My mother died a couple years after, but she knew me, and she always said me crossdressing could be my secret garden I it made me feel good, even if I couldn't assume this out.

I asked myself if I was a crossdresser because of her. That is not so simple. I wanted to please my mother, and my mother wanted to please me. Anyway now crossdressing is part of myself.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    My mother wanted a girl as her first child and had bought clothes for a baby girl. She got me.

That said, I was born with long hair and wore those baby clothes. Also, I remember an incident when I was seven or eight when it hurt (I mean it was painful) to comb my hair. My mother thought getting me a perm would be a good fix since she wouldn't need to comb it as much. Big mistake. I got razzed something awful at school. I think it was taken out or my hair was cut after a week.

But I remember my aunts and possibly my mother walking around the house in their foundation garments when I was young. I think the first time I raided her underwear drawer I was about nine or so.

Oh well. Whatever the causes, I am what I am and I enjoy what I enjoy.

Aspiring Member

Moms Encouragement

My Mother didn't "dress" me herself, but she allowed and encouraged my next older Sister to treat me like a human Barbie Doll.

She caught me snooping in her lingerie drawer on day and dressed me up in some of her party dresses. After working with me for an hour or so, downstairs we went to show Mom Dad. Surprisingly enough they went along with her and I spent the next few years being "Melissa" at least once a week.

This continued for the next few years.......I became almost her personal maid. She kept me in line by threatening to tell my friends.

I'm sure I was born with Cross-Dressing tendencies, but her treatment of me only help fuel the fire.

Danielle

Mom & dad both said I sdhuld have been a girl. Mom never encouraged me I started dressing around tan and she caught me wearing bra, panties,nylons and her Playtex OBG. As punisgment she made me wear the full female going out clothes including heels and makeup, after that I was hooked.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    none except i was her stuff

In a short and simple answer, she didn't, period. The few times that I was caught dressing, there was a huge blow up over it, and both my parents at one point even considered sending my to a psychologist because they didn't feel this was "normal behavior". I think my mom still knows that i dress, however, it is most definately a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy and I won't bring up the subject unless she does. <Shrug>

My mother started dressing me at a very early age, maybe aroud 4 or five years old, whenever my dad wasn't home, as she always wanted a girl. Being that I was an only child, and my dad worked alot of nights, this became a way of life for me. She continued to dress me until about my 1st year of high school, and then stopped. It had become such a way of life for me that I needed to continue this so hence came miss Joann. Although it has ruined two marriages I have to be who I was ment to be. Since I work in the construction industry I have to underdress during the day, but on weekends out comes Joann. Maybe some day I will meet that special person that understands my needs, until then life goes on
    Hugs
    Joann

My mother absolutely hates it when I wear unconventinal styles. She dislikes when I wear a belt around my waist over my shirt (aka, tunic style) even when I am wearing pants. She hates my leggings, and such. She has no idea about my skirts.

I would really love to be open to her, but her past behavior concerning my style just makes that a no go.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

She didn't encourage it! She bypassed anything about it that had to do with me and considered it the latest in a line of activity by me that could only be intended to cause her personal problems. I was restricted from doing so and several hundred dollars in clothes thrown in the trash by my stepfather several times, who also looked at it as a personal attack against him.

Ironically the most accepting and helpful people in my life have been two of his friends, or former friends. I think he considers it an attack on him and my mother because I "came out" to them before him. But they are a TG couple so it was obvious that I would gravitate towards them. He didn't even realize they were a TG couple and the fact that they're pretty open worried him about his reputation, as I was always his "badge of honor" when it came to being a good person. He considered it a nice thing that he let me stay around considering I wasn't his child and frequently bragged that he raised me (yea right lol).

Their behavior did have one good result, when I was 18 years old he tried to physically remove me from his house. He did not plan on just asking me to leave. He was waiting for the day I was legal for him to hurt me for real (he has a history of physical violence on his record). So I picked up an empty dumbbell and used it after he initially tackled me across the room and into some exercise equipment. I only broke his nose and knocked out some teeth. I could've hurt him or even killed him if I wanted to. We still speak and I've asked why would you attack someone in a room full of exercise equipment? His answer was that he did not think I "had it in me".

I didn't get in trouble for it legally and they gave me the strength that was needed for life I think. I left that night and haven't been back. We do still speak but they seem to dislike the idea of me being on an equal footing with them. We're not the closest of family anymore but I think the events of your life help define who you are. Whether it was nice or not it helped me more than it hurt, I'm not sure if they can say the same but they have calmed down a lot.

I don't think she ever encouraged it specifically, but there are two things that probably did effect my dressing.

One was that the very first time I wore women's clothes, it was because of her. For halloween when I was no more than 5 years old, she dressed me as a 'little old lady'. She put me in a black dress, tights (that were so big for me I had to keep pulling them up!), grey wig and bra stuffed with something. I did my 'trick or treating' like this and then went to a kid's party.

More related to my crossdressing, I never spoke to her about it but I'm sure she knew. Mainly because of a few things that would happen. Once I had some things that were not hidden well enough (a bra, slip, a few pairs of panties). I came home from school one day to find some laundry in my room folded and ready to be put away. In that pile of laundry were the panties slip and bra, clean and folded along with everything else. She'd gone through my room earlier looking for dirty laundry and had just scooped them up along with everything else. I told myself for years that maybe she didn't notice (while washing, drying and folding them) what they were. Sure.

This happened at least once also with a cotton nightgown. I used to hide it but once in a while would just put it under my pillow if I was in a hurry. I came home to see it hanging on the line to dry with the rest of the day's laundry!! I ignored it pretending I never noticed. She didn't say anything either... but the next day it was returned to my room folded and clean.

There was something special that night about getting into a soft nightgown, smelling fresh from the was and drying line, that I knew that my mom had just washed for me. : )

I know that she 'went through' my room regularly and I was never any good at hiding anything, so I'm sure she'd found my entire stash of lingere skirts and dresses, but we both ignored it. It was one of those 'I knew she knew that I knew...' situations. I wish now that one of us had just said something. I wonder if I would have ended up with the freedom to dress while at home...
    Last edited by Cristi; 07-24-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Banned Read only
    I know my mother wanted her second child to be a girl. The first born was a boy. She had my name already picked out. She gave me the masculine name of her choice. I remember once crying in bed dressed in one of her nylon nightgowns that she did not like me because she wanted a girl. Somehow I think she really disliked me because I was not a girl. I don't know whether this had an effect on me or not. Sometimes I think my development into being a cross dresser somehow relates to being accepted by her-period.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    In no way what so ever.

Although I've told this many times before I'll tell it once again. Every once in awhile when I was young my mother would give me girl's panties and tee-shirt to wear when my boy undies were 'dirty'. That went for socks also. At three and a half I was baptized in a very lacy dress (I don't remember that but I have seen the pictures). Was used as a dress model for a girl cousin of mine. After my mother passed away we found those dresses in her attic. No one could figure out where those dresses came from but I knew. When modeling I had to wear all the girly things underneath also. Was forced to wear girl's clothes by an aunt when I got my boy clothes dirty. Was always told I looked like a girl, acted like a girl or talked like a girl. Was always called a sissy. Was reminded constantly that I would've been called Janice if I was born a girl. After dressing as a colonial girl in the 5th grade for halloween I began experimenting with dress up. After a few months I tried a combination of clothes that sent me over the edge.
    When I was caught wearing my sister's things about three years later my parents went ballistic and couldn't understand why I was getting into that lifestyle.

Mothers always know more than you think they do. She had to have known. I grew up with two GG cousins. When playing together on weekends, dress-up was always one of our favorites games. I always wanted to be the mother. I would dress in my cousins panties and dresses. I never tried to hid what I was doing. We often asked our mothers to pic which of us looked the best. My favorite outfit was my oldest cousin's pink satin sunday dress with bows and ribbons. I would wear her black Mary Jane shoes. I felt beautiful. I will never forget how absolutely great it felt being dressed around my mother and my annts. Later when I started growing to large for my cosin's clothes, I begged my mother to buy me my own dresses and panties. She broke down once and bought me pertty blue satin dress with crinoline, panties, slip and shoes. I was told not to wear any of my outfit when anyone other than my mother or my annts were home. I am sure my father must have known because my mother never kept secrets from him. I was never able to get my mother to buy me anymore dresses after I outgrew this one. I know she must have known that I would try on her dresses and lingerie. My mother was a very beautiful woman and loved to dress-up and go out. My parents were very good dancers and loved to party. I wish I had had the chance to talk to her about it in later years. I do miss her very much.

I feel I had a most special childhood. I feel so lucky to be a man who likes to wear a women's clothing. I feel it helps me relate to people and I think it makes me a much better person.

Hugs,

Claire Marie Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by missjoann49 View Post
    My mother started dressing me at a very early age, maybe aroud 4 or five years old, whenever my dad wasn't home, as she always wanted a girl. Being that I was an only child, and my dad worked alot of nights, this became a way of life for me. She continued to dress me until about my 1st year of high school, and then stopped. It had become such a way of life for me that I needed to continue this so hence came miss Joann. Although it has ruined two marriages I have to be who I was ment to be. Since I work in the construction industry I have to underdress during the day, but on weekends out comes Joann. Maybe some day I will meet that special person that understands my needs, until then life goes on
    Hugs
    Joann
    Wow. What things did she make you wear?

ladies any more experiences with mom?