Thread: "Halloween" pics at work

"Halloween" pics at work

Hi there, I tested the waters where I work by showing a pic of me dressed up shortly after halloween. I showed a pic of my wife in a halloween costume and a pic of me dressed up in a LBD. The women at work were mixed. One even said "Wow! She's cute!!" The room busted up laughing as they already knew that the pic was me. One of the guys looked a bit repulsed by the idea but thought it was ok since it was "just" a halloween costume. He later asked me how I did it, as he thought it looked so convincing, and really looked nothing like me.

I'm not ready to come out yet... Not sure I'll ever be ready, but it was a neat exercise, and it was neat seeing the different reactions. Some thought it was hilarious, some thought it was wild, some actually thought I was more attractive as a girl than as a guy. I had to hide it, but part of me deep down inside was jumping up and down laughing when some of the people complimented me. It felt nicer than I thought it would. I think some of them may be thinking that I was a little bit too good at it, but without proof, I think they're afraid to mention it. So they have to believe it was just for Halloween. Showing the pic in the context of showing my wifes Halloween pic at the same time kinda made the story easier to take.

Just a minor "victory" for me that I thought I would share.

Staci
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    The joys of Halloween, it gives us a chance to "not out" ourselves, but still out ourselves. In yur case it gave you a chance to read reactions so that maybe in the future you can come out to some of these people.

Platinum Member
    Guys can be so oblivious. The women probably guessed that you didn't look so "convincing" by accident!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I'm with Kim - the guys were clueless, but women always know the difference between a "Halloween costume" and something a bit more. You've seen "normal" guys dressed as women for Hallowen - lipstick on crooked, huge balloons for breasts, etc. And then there's us - brows and nails professionally done, everything shaved, an outfit that is an actual 'outfit' rather than some thrift store rags thrown together - not to mention the way we carry ourselves.

Kathi

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Yes you can easily fool the guys because they are really not as bright as they think they are. The woman on the other hand know what is really going on. I dressed up for a halloween party at work some 30 years ago when I was in my early twenties and I really looked good, everyone told me I was really sexy and hot. I was asked by most of the woman who helped me get dressed and who did my makeup and nails and where did I get the clothes???? I should have said they were my clothes and I did the makeup but I was too reserved back then and of course it would have outed me. Oh for that moment back because I would have done it differently the second time around.

Well maybe some guys are oblivious to everything in front of their nose, but he did ask how you did it to be "so" convincing. I think that maybe a few others had that same thought and are now wondering. If that was one of your reasons for showing your pic, it is probably a mission accomplished. If it was just testing the waters, it may also be a mission accomplished with the added benefit, or not, of getting your co-workers to wonder why you looked so good, and Staci, you do look very good in that pic.

I think you became brave to show the others at work to test the waters, not only for them to see the real you, (if only a halloween event) but also hoping that some will be intuitive enough to understand that IS the real you.

I also think it was a test for yourself to maybe see who may be accepting enough to trust with your secret in the future.

Good luck in the future with all the folks at work. I am sure they all will be interested in your halloween costume next year.

I remember my coming out at work on Halloween. It was in two consecutive years. The first was a costume kinda thrown together. I was awarded the most scarey prize, some bottles of cheap perfume. The second I wore my favorite outfit: my red dress, black thi highs, and heels. At that time I had never used a women's bathroom so when I used the men's I was a shock to two men who entered while I was washing my hands. Later in the day, I made a trip from the SE corner of the building to the NW. My woman supervisor rushed to see who the woman ahead of her was. When she caught me and saw my face she knew who I was.