Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure how I fit in !

Talking Not sure how I fit in !

Heres the thing I love all womens cloths but I love being a man and I love looking like a man not trying to pass.My wife not only knows about my crossdressing but fully supports me and we shop together all the time. I like nylons,tights,panties,slips,skirts and sometimes a dress. But I make no attempt to pass as a woman. And I feel no shame being a man that likes womens cloths. So where do I fit in to this 'crossdressing' thing. Is there a place for men like me that like the fem. stuff but like being a man ? I have been dressing up for decades and I still haven't found my place. The SA's know me and know that I'm buying for me and don't bat an eye. I'm thinking sometimes crossdressers passing or not tend to overthink the whole experence and turn it into something its not. It seems that the public are so caught up in their day to day living and self importance they have little time for anything other than themselves. Only bored young people who can't find a 'hot spot' to text might notice the 'dude in the skirt' and for a split second wonder WTF. Anyway I'll be wearing my skirts and pink panties under it and keeping my beard trimmed. After all I have to keep up my manly image.

Welcome to the fray!! Personally "fitting in" like passing is so over rated!! I'd rather stand out than fit in any day!! I don't dislike being a guy. But I love being me... No mater what clothes I wear!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    The key is to feel right about yourself - the reactions of people outside your own circle of family and friends - is really irrelevant. .

Aspiring Member
    The answer is easy, you are a member of our community, you fit in just fine. The people that are members here run the gamut from just occasional panty and hose wearers, to full time under dressers, to those who like to just wear the clothes, to those who like to achieve the whole look, to those who try to look passable, to those who go out in the world en femme. We are all crossdressers, sisters in arms.

Everyone fits in here in their own way and has their own reasons for dressing. If what you're doing works for you that's all that matters.
    ~~Melissa~~

Welcome to the forum, you will find many caring ladies here who will help you alone your journey.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

You fit right in,there's no rule book to CDing(I don't think so).Your wife supports you,no shame ,your happy,you've found your place.I'm thinking your sign in name refers to the car not the song,wish I owned one,original or restored,not the plastic ones.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    If you stand out and feel okay about it, then life is good. Then there are people in lots of other places. If you go out and have fun, then go for it. We all fit in somewhere.
    Dana Ryan

If it feels right to you, then it IS right. There seems to be no steadfast rule to crosdressing, so "fitting in" is not really an issue. You'll find girls here at every level and stage imaginable, some dabblers, some who live full time as women. I'm glad you found this forum, it has helped me come to understand and accept myself fully, and I hope it can also give you a little clarity to it all.

I think you fit right into my corner of this universe, Sally. Welcome!

If you're happy with yourself and where you are, I say, Good for you! I've never been terribly happy with myself or my place in the world, so it's from people like you that I'm trying to learn. So go for it!

Welcome to the board! There are all kinds of cd's out there, and I'd be willing to bet that you have a lot in common with very many of them. I too enjoy being a guy, and have no desire to give it up. Dressing is just a fun hobby. What matters is that you do what's right for you and live with the balance of male and female that makes you happy - and it sounds like you've found that.

It would be nice if you were right and folks just left cd'ers alone. And often, I'm sure that's the case. I've been in all kinds of stores to buy clothes and makeup, and never encountered trouble from SA's of all ages and genders. But at the same time, I've seen plenty of situations where that isn't the case. I once saw a guy friend of mine in drag get threatened and chased out of a party by some jerk. Personally, I've gotten snarky comments and attitude from a variety of strangers, and once got hassled by two guys who were fondling each other in front of a urinal at a bar where I decided to use the men's room my first time out (which I thought was an odd position from which to insult anyone, but whatever!). I suppose none of that really matters, as long as violence doesn't occur - and though that may be rare, I think the possibility is out there. There are still a number of ignorant, fearful people out there who can't behave like decent human beings. Sad, because I think many of us dressers just want to live and let live, and sometimes it's hard to have thick skin about it. For me, anyways. Just my $0.02...
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Welcome Sally. Like what was said before. The key is having to courage to be yourself and enjoy life before it is to late. Life is short and it should be live by what is good for you and not just to please other people.

I want to thank everyone for your support. Sometimes I feel a little lost. I'm lucky to have a wife that loves me and supports my crossdressing. Its a great thing to have this site with all the understanding and I might add outstanding people here. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    ms
    Lifes short ! Wear what you want !

Silver Member
    No need to feel alone here, there are a few others like you on this forum (who wear feminine clothing and present male.)

Personally, I really wish I could wear a skirt in either gender, ugh I hate stuffy trousers...

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    No need to feel lost now that you are here. None of us are issued round or square pegs when we accept who we are. We just are, and i pesronally dont feel a need to fit into a category. Besides, I change so quickly that I dont think I could place myself. I am a man, and will always be one, I just like to dress, and expect to try the full blown en femme in the future. You will really like the girls and their chats here.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Aspiring Member
    I also like being a guy but like wearing femanie clothes I wear a bra panties and ladys jeans daily sometimes a skirt my head is shaved because of baldness no wig or breast forms or make-up for me I just like the clothes I have been this way since age 7 now 49 just being me and glad to know theres others like me but like so many others have said we or all here for support no matter how far we take this crossdessing thing good luck.

The only thing that matters - is that you 'fit in' here So welcome. This is a wonderful forum that seems to encompass us all, from a skirt in the closet to fully passing girls. I have come to believe that perhaps our whole CD-Gender-bender thing is way over analyzed and over complicated. I am not denigrating the heavy issues that some TG's endure, but like yourself I am simply a guy who likes to wear a frock, so for myself it is no more complex than that.

You are supported by your wife which is truly wonderful. So wear your panties, slips and skirts and simply - enjoy !

There are some nice folks here - You will fit in with us just fine !

Welcome to the board. If there are rules to being a proper crossdresser I certainly break them too. While I will occasionally put the girl on and be in full femme mode, I am much more likely to be out and about as a guy in a skirt, or dress, or whatever else I feel like wearing, not unlike the shot right there in my avatar. My experiences have been similar to what you described, people notice and then move on. Occasional over the top reactions will happen but I just roll with them. I know I look good!
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Perhaps it is because you are a "man" that you crossdress just as I have never related to my male brothers and find I crossdress because I do not feel like a "man". Two opposites that find expression in similar behavior.

You'll never feel lost here. Welcome! Hope what you find here will help you answer your questions, like it did me when I first came here.

Welcome, I'm new here too. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. I sure did!

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Hi. Im new here too and as Ive said, Im normally content to look like a guy most of the time. I dress because I get the occasional urge to do so, and it is very much a fetish for me. I was worried that I wouldnt fit in here because of how undedicated I am to it. (It was even quite a stretch for me to pick a femme name)

After lurking here a while, I realized that all a welcome, and that its not a contest to see who is the most femme. I just wanna have fun with it and spice up my love life a bit too. I must say though, its allowed me to feel a bit closer to my best friend (G.G. and also my cousin) because she now can go shopping for and with me. It gives me yet another reason to hang out with her, since she will be teaching me all the basics and supplying me with whatever I need until I can buy my own. In a way, the decision to do it has allowed me to reconnect with one of the people I care most about.

Hi,

You dont only have to be a dresser to think do i fit in. I did not fit in some 50 years ago & as i got older it got worse, I tryed just there was allways this detail about my self & really you have some thing i never had , you are happy being a male thats rather quite neat , you see i did not relate to or with men yet i had to work with them.& for you to dress in other than male clothes theres no problem with that tho many people dont understand as to why.

I allso think your S O is lovely in reguard to this & going with you & buying womens clothes & accepts you for who you are,

You know your self with out the hang ups some men have so thats rather neat.

You are right some of us dont so called ...pass...I dont well i dont belive i do. yet im just a woman.....so it can go both ways wether your a woman or a man.
    We are the ones who have to live our own lifes no one can do that for us, Accepting of ones self is the most importaint thing, & then we can be accepted by others,

...noeleena...

I've been here a while, and like you am happy being a guy that likes wearing femme clothing. I have made no attemp to pass, but have been out in public fully dressed femme.