Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife is fully on board; perhaps more on board than I am.

My wife is fully on board; perhaps more on board than I am.

My wife has always been supportive of my dressing, occasionally buying me outfits as a surprise, or having us attend private BDSM events with me dressed. But she has always been insistent that I fulfill my role as the man of the house (which isn’t an issue) and not shave above the waist. I work at home, so we’ve fallen into a natural pattern, however, where I perform more of the role of a traditional housewife, and she has also found that to be very workable, as her Director-level job is often very stressful and not having to worry about household tasks has become a major plus for her.

My career is such that the 4-6 hours a day I devote to it is enough to make a decent income, so things go very smoothly. So over the last two years we’ve fallen into a pretty comfortable pattern. So you can imagine my surprise when, completely out of the blue, we sat down yesterday to dinner and she told me that for 2012 she would like to take this to the next level. I should start shaving completely, live the female role 24/7 with the only exception being around my adult kids and family, and we should develop more of a social life focused on TG events, groups, meetings, etc. (we’ve never attended anything like that).

I’m really nervous about this step. Even fully shaved I will be in no way passable (I’m 6’4” and 280 lbs; dieting, but I will never not stand out in a crowd, presenting as a male or female) and I’m concerned about the way people in public will react, not so much to me, but to her accompanying me. I’m sure that my attire will continue to be primarily androgynous, but she expects me to take female life seriously, which means makeup, nails, etc., all maintained and used on a daily basis, so anyone who actually looks at me will see these things.

She says that we need to do this to see where our future life goes (we are in our 50’s). She tells me that she can see how much happier and relaxed I am when I’m dressed; that the simple act of putting forms in a bra and slipping into a ladies t-shirt and jeans makes me visibly more comfortable and energetic. I know that she loves me and she tells me that she will treat me like her much loved girlfriend (she’s always been bisexual and had long romantic relationships with women in the past). She knows that I have no interest in men, and that my female self is very sexually passive and vulnerable. She tells me that she will deal with that aspect of life however she needs to. So there are no issues with that, either.

When she asks me how I feel about this all I can say is that I am nervous. I can’t really define my feelings here. It seems like such a big step; even the act of shaving will mark a major break with the past (I’ve had a beard for close to 40 years). She has asked me now if I really want to do this and my answer is that I think I do; I haven’t been able to give her a definitive “yes”. You would think that I would have an answer easily on hand, but when faced with this it seems like such a major life change.

She has also asked me to attempt to define where I am on the CD/TG spectrum. I actually have no answer for that beyond it not being a fetish thing and the fact that I am simply happier and more content with life when those forms go into the bra and I dress for the day.

Life goes on...

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    WOW... Huge step if that really is what she is looking for.

The best thing, as I see it, is you're communicating. That's the key. Sounds like a great journey! Do it honey, shave. That's a great first start. Take it as it comes.

To go where no man has ever gone before is a major step! Shave it and love it! 'Cause you will love it! Let the rest fall into place as it may! You will know when enough is enough! Have fun! You only live once! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    I guess its your life. But I do think you're remarkably fortunate to have a wife who is willing and interested in taking this farther. She met your interests and needs more than half way. So I think its not unreasonable for you to meet her half way or more.

Kali you are a lucky lady. Give her a few hugs and tell her you love her. I just told my wife last month I was a cross dresser she accepted it but she really doesn't want to see Abbey nor will I be able to wear lingerie to bed. But at least I feel so much better. I have actually got all my items out of my hiding places and put them in garment bags in my closet. She'll never go in my closet so it's a start. At least now I can put my forms in daily without having to go under the stairs to pull my stuff out. So you are lucky for her to do all those things. Good luck to you. I doubt mine will say anything more about my dressing but it's okay at least she knows.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.

I can see the challenge!

After being place in a position of being able to live out your life the way you may have only dreamed about, things can change a lot! It is a chance to fully explore yourself with someones help and possibly in doing so have a final answer as to what path you will choose or you believe is right for you! So from that perspective I say try it! Shaving can be undone pretty easily as well as some other things. I do understand after shaving my beard of 11 years that, for me, it was kind of like symbollically opening up and letting folks see me more for who I am or wish to be. The beard gave me a more gruff exterior that seemed to help me be more unapproachable so I did not have to interact as much with others. I am not saying this is true for all guys wearing a beard but after a lot of reflection and years later knowing more about me now, I am thinking it may have been true for me.

Regrets are often from what you did not try versus what you did try!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Big change coming up! If I where in your shoes, I would tell her it sounds great, but I'm a little scared of the sudden change, and how it will go, so lets do it in steps and make sure we are both comfortable with where it's at. Then do a slow strip, first the chest, and arms, give it a few days until it feels normal to you, trim that beard in to a goatee, then in a few days you'll be ready to shave it all off, you have a chance to live a fantasy that many of us have, you'll hate yourself latter if you pass this chance up, after all, you have an invitation to the party, so enjoy it!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi from one Kali to another! (: It's great that your wife shows so much support and is willing to take this next step. I would just express to her that you want to maybe ease into it gradually, and just be open with her about your concerns. If you're concerned about how people will react to her, express that too - but also keep in mind that she's old enough to know what she wants and is willing to accept whatever results in consequence. Maybe she's decided that this is exactly what would allow her to seize her day, and have a great new experience. I guess, just don't let fear of the unknown hold you back - you do only live once, and this could be exactly the sort of thing that really completes your life, something that many of us would love to have the opportunity for. Carpe diem, babe! Good luck!!!!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Oh, decisions, decisions....
    Tread lightly on undisturbed ground and be sure that if your feet begin to sink that you have a pathway to safety.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It is natural to fear change, even a change we really want. I suspect that your wife is more aware than you are. You may decide that you just want to be a cross-dresser, which would probably be fine with her. On the other hand, knowing that the door is open to transitional efforts could be a great way to decide for yourself whether or not you really might be a transsexual who wants to transition.

Many transsexuals who go through the process of living as a girl 24/7 find that they really don't want to have to get up earlier to put on make-up and do their hair, and wearing hose and heels every day, for the whole day may get so ordinary that it looses it's "thrill". At that point, they decide they would rather have the option of switching back and forth between male and female presentations - at will, rather than making the plunge to full time woman.

As for weight and physical issues, you may find that those are less of an issue. If you are dressing regularly, you may find that you are more aware of your weight and will naturally want to eat more sensibly and may even want to go for exercise more frequently, especially once you get to wear you look similar to other normal women in your fitness class.

Your wife may even be aware of this, and may be looking forward to some of those extra fringe benefits.

When I was a child I liked cookies, I would eat cookies night and day if I could. One day my mother gave up on the cookie limit and said go ahead and eat all the cookies you want. I did, and developed a tummy ache, To this day some 70 years later I still cannot eat cookies.

Could this be a manulipitive drive to test your sincerity over your limited cross dressing, or does your wife, since you have shown your powers as a help around the house. Does she really want you as her house wife. AN ENVIOUS POSITION.

My un-asked for opinion: Go ahead and live the life that a lot of us would be jealous of.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    If that is what she wants, give her the answer and hang on. It could be a wild ride.
    Dana Ryan

Just as additional points of referene, I have been dressing just about every day for almost the last three years. My wife is a director-level executive at her company; I work form home, though I am very successful in my career, as well. But , for the most part I've been her housewife this entire time. I do all the cooking and most of the cleaning.

So this isn't a test of my being dressed; I already get up earlier than she does, dress, fix breakfast, etc. It's a push, among other things, to be more open and social about this and to develop new sets of more understanding friends and aquaintances.

And we would both be happy if I lost more weight

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Even in my short time of being out to myself and my wife, I see the pattern of my behavior and her fears/aspirations. It is easy for us to become comfortable in what we do at some point and just stay there. My wife's mind, however, does not become comfortable nor stable, and I suspect neither does your wife's mind. It is always working and going over scenarios of what if... My wife has already expressed her fears of my eventually wanting to become a woman although I have no aspirations. Even given her fears, she wants me to progress, and we will deal with it, if it ever comes. I suspect your wife is expressing her fears by wanting you to progress along the lines she perhaps has fears over, but loves you so much she wants you to be happy.

Be honest, discuss your fears, and make sure you and she understand her fears and concerns. Make sure she understands that if you do not feel comfortable doing this, you will want to come back to where you were. Would she be comfortable with that, or is she expecting the next step to happen, and maybe even want it, or demand it. Honest communication to make sure expectations. You wont be happy when you are not comfortable, and this can be just as bad as not coming out in the first place. This is a wonderful opportunity for you both if it fits for you both.

Hugs, Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    Perhaps someone has been reading too much fictionmania?

Kali this a wonderful chance to expand your horizons. It's obvious your wife has done her homework and is asking you to progress. It's up to you to go along, or not. Facial hair and body hair grow back, so it should not be a factor. Best of luck whatever you choose.

Well, you could give it a try, and see how you feel. It is easily reversible.

Seems your wife is more on the lesbian side of the bi/lesbian scale, and wants to explore that side more, but with you.

I see some problems.

One, your becoming confident in expressing the woman within out in public, even if you don't think you can pass.

Two, it will get back to your kids. So you might as well let them know what's going on. It will be a lot easier on the nerves.

Three, if you have doubts about where you are on the trans scale, this is one way to find out, but what if you find out you want to transition? That will bring you back to "two" if you haven't let the kids know by then.

The choice is yours and yours alone.

I know I wouldn't, because I am happy being able to do things in either mode. Shaving did help in this regard.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by MissMarcie View Post
    Perhaps someone has been reading too much fictionmania?
    What do you mean by that?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Kali, your situation strikes me as an interesting opposite to the usual discussions here. Those discussions end up centering around the fact that we are who we are, and attempting to superimpose something or someone else is never successful. The normal mode is that an SO wants her husband's transgenderism to disappear. That won't happen.

In your case, your SO might be taking your transgenderism to the other extreme, and if you are not comfortable with that path the results could be just as earth shattering as those whose SOs want them to eliminate their femme selves. In my opinion it is important for you to decide who you are and what you are comfortable with. At the very least you need an agreed upon way out of the situation if you realize that you really do not want what she is suggesting.

Compatiblity and mutual respect are the keys to any marriage. Why does it sound like these are at least partially missing in this scenario? This doesn't really sound like a joint effort unless you have a D/s relationship.

best,
    tina

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    Kali, your situation strikes me as an interesting opposite to the usual discussions here. Those discussions end up centering around the fact that we are who we are, and attempting to superimpose something or someone else is never successful. The normal mode is that an SO wants her husband's transgenderism to disappear. That won't happen.

In your case, your SO might be taking your transgenderism to the other extreme, and if you are not comfortable with that path the results could be just as earth shattering as those whose SOs want them to eliminate their femme selves. In my opinion it is important for you to decide who you are and what you are comfortable with. At the very least you need an agreed upon way out of the situation if you realize that you really do not want what she is suggesting.

Compatiblity and mutual respect are the keys to any marriage. Why does it sound like these are at least partially missing in this scenario? This doesn't really sound like a joint effort unless you have a D/s relationship.

best,
    tina
    That's an interesting point.

Compatability and mutual respect, along with a lot of love are the cornerstones of our marriage. It's more on the order of while we may not currently be on the same page, we are both in the same chapter. She may just have skipped ahead

She won't actually push me to do something that I'm not willing to do; I'm sure she feels she is giving me something that I have always wanted. I think part of her motivation may go back to an incident that happened earlier this year. It's described here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...not&highlight=

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    On the surface this sounds like a dream come true for many of us. I do however see the dilemma of being your height, I too am tall at 6'3" and presenting as a woman is a challenge for sure. But, as many of the girls have already said, go forward, communicate all the while, and enjoy ! I'm sure both of you will find just the right pace and destination in your journey. Good luck !!
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Don't let height stop you. I posted this a couple of days ago: http://www.tallwomen.org/models/

If you are going to trans friendly clubs it's no big deal at all.

I say go for it. What have you got to lose? If it doesn't work for you, you can always dial it back to your comfort level. Beards grow back quickly.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Kali, I forgot to add to the end of my post that if you are ready to head in this direction, don't let anything stop you! One way to determine your feelings is to "give it a test drive"! Might that be an answer: Move into the 24/7 role for, say, 30 days, and reassess?

This is, effectively, the way Tina was brought to life. When she is Tina, she IS Tina. It's all or nothing, and that means it's ALL

Best wishes,
    tina