Thread: Smiling

Smiling

I've notice that in pictures, I look a lot more feminine if I'm smiling than with my normal, serious expression. The problem is, retraining my face to where I'm naturally smiling most of the time.

It's the subtle things that make a difference.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Early on I figured that I looked a lot more fem smiling than not and looking at women... They all smile... Ok most smile. My wife always used to say when she took my photo "smile".. And my reply. "I am". Lol. Men don't know how to smile like women. After I retaught myself how to smile. I can't stop. No mater what clothes I wear! People at work always comment that I always look so happy. Cause I am!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I do think that even very slight, Mona Lisa smile can soften an otherwise masculine face. I find that it also makes one look a bit younger.

I have the same issue. My wife tells me I look much better when I smile, but I always have this feeling that it's a "forced" smile and not a natural one when I pose for pictures. She's taken to being my photographer now and trying to capture the natural, unposed shots.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Smiling is a big difference maker. As a man I felt no need to smile in pictures, and did not care if I was smiling as I went through my life. Now, I feel happy inside, and want people to know it. I agree that it takes training to get a natural smile to be there all the time, but it is something I want, and it makes a big difference in how I feel when I notice that I have a smile on. It is another one of those girl things that I want so much to have be part of me.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Smiling makes such a difference and I'm finding it so hard to produce a convincing smile. Karren's is terrific!

tina

You've got that right girl, the smile is one of the hardest facial expressions to fake male or female. But GGs have a natural upper lip that exposes more of the top row of teeth. The trick is to practice so it comes naturally...

There are sooo many muscles that go into the smile, from the eyebrows to the upper lip to the cheeks... I'm going back to the mirror to practice....

Renne.....

To smile is devine! It has been provin it takes little or no effort to smile! While it takes great force to froun! Smileing not only makes you look younger but it keeps you looking and feeling younger! It's hard to be depressed with a smile on your face all the time! Try it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I guess I've got to practice then.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gold Member
    I am certainly in the group that says a smile is the single most beautiful things about a person. And I feel that it is mainly because it shows what is emanating from inside. So show us those pearly whites girls!

In my photos, I look so old-mannish when I don't smile. But one of my cd friends thinks I look better without that toothy grin. So maybe a half smile--Mona Lisa smile--is best for me. Compare my avatar and my Profile picture.

Silver Member
    Ok, I did. I looked at both. There is NO comparison. Your wide, happy, "toothy" grin is so pretty. It just lights up your face. Don't believe anyone who says you look better not smiling.

S

Linda, I agree.

In my early pics, my attempts at "sultry" looked a bit more like "constipated." I was advised that smiling would do wonders, and (imho) it did....and does.

xo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Makeup addict!
    I haven't been fully en femme that many times, but when I have been, I've noticed I look more like a girl when I smile. Also, I seem to look better with lipstick on for some reason, even though I don't like lipstick that much

I agree with most of you, smiling makes you look prettier. Some have noted on the photos I've posted here (video / photo forum) that they like my smile. I've taken pics where I've tried a more serious or poutier look and lets just say I wouldn't post the pics here because I looked bad.

Silver Member
    Can you guys actually be debating whether to smile or not smile?

Listen! Women smile. Just another fact, dears. Women smile. Of course some women don't smile. Some women are deeply unhappy. Is it any wonder the way our society treats women? And some women are young enough and angry enough to not have to smile. But all you middle aged biddies out for your weekly excursion? SMILE for goodness sake! Isn't crossdressing fun? Yes? Then SHOW it. Smile. GRIN! If it's such a chore, then why do it?

A smile is your gift to others. And when others see yours they usually give you one back. It's great. It's also a wonderful tension breaker. See someone staring at you? Look 'em right in the eye and GRIN. A smile signals to others that you are relaxed and happy with yourself and with what you are doing.

Smile,

Auntie Stephenie

Hi all -- first, to JenniferR -- I took your challenge and checked out both your photos; IMO the one of you smiling is simply gorgeous, attractive, appealling, welcoming, whereas the other is much less approachable. On the greater topic of smiling generally, I admit I find it very hard to do (in either mode) and admit that when I manage to smile as a woman it hugely improves my appearance. Hugs to all!!

We're not debating whether to smile! This thread is about what a difference it makes and how different CDs find it more or less difficult.

I smile a lot in my work but this year I've found a different smile that belongs to Rachel and not to her male alter ego.

The most attractive thing on any woman or man is confidence. We are trained to express that through testosterone, so it can take some unlearning to stop your natural girl smile feeling fake when it really isn't!
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x