Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Did We Accomplish This Year?

What Did We Accomplish This Year?

There is a thread for our regrets in 2011. Surely the year was not a total loss, what positive things did you do in the last year?
    I got out more and ventured farther from the nest than in years past. The biggest accomplishments were a few trips to the ladies room, which I had been afraid to enter before.

I finally accepted myself as who I am. It was long overdue.. No going back now, no regrets, no more guilt. Only looking ahead.

Hi.

Joined a lovely group of women we have fun make arty crafty things talk & had our end of year night out at a local pub xmas dinner.

join another group of 15 bike rideing around our area of Waimate on wensdays, for 2 hours or so,

Helping out at our Museum doing building & xmas decorations with our women & just being a part of the groups,

Really its about being accepted for who i am, & thats important.

...noeleena...

Platinum Member
    hmmm, well this was a pretty big year for me in terms of coming out. I've gone out in public for the first time - and now go out en femme on a nearly daily basis. I came out to my step daughter and was warmly accepted. I was outed to a neighbor lady by my wife...in a bit of a surprise move, but positive way, and have come out to two other neighbors in recent weeks. And I've started walking my dogs en femme through the neighborhood in the day time.

For me nothing I've done enfemme compares to getting both kids through school... Paying off my mortgage and being totally dept free this year!! .
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This may seem a little far fetch and a small accomplishment to some but to me and those who know me it's like a mission imposiable! I done a three sixty! I went from being the rough I don't give a rats --- redneck person that I've always been to someone who sincerly cares about everyone! And yes I give credit to THIS forum for most of it! I'm still the same redneck girl I've always been, just a different atitude And I'm loving it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I went to a minor league baseball game en femme.
    Oh and i started HRT!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I finally decided I needed to do something I should have done many, many years ago--really start looking at myself and trying to figure out who I am. And that's going to be some job, believe me. Maybe not much of an accomplishment, but better than accomplishing nothing at all. This forum has been an immense help to me. Thanks to everyone who's given me kind words and encouragement.

(By the way, does anybody know how to make me really, really pretty? Now that would be some achievement.)

From 40+ years in the closet to out in the real world, water balloons to breast forms, ears pierced and from no hair to beautiful long red hair...whew!!

Not much with the Fem thing, except I've started to let my hair grow out(still a work in progress). As far as things in general, it's been a year since my last surgery and life is good again!

It has been a trying year for me. Many good things have happened and I'm looking forward to the year ahead.

My wife and I have seperated, but we still get along with each other and the idea of us sharing an apartment while one of us is at the house with the kids seems to be working. I think it'll be positive for both of us.

I made contact with a local support group and am going to meet one of the group to get a feel of things. In another words, I'm starting to branch out.

I came out to three of my friends, one woman and a couple, and it all went really well with them offering support.

My son (16) will have finished his last requirement prior to submitting his Eagle Scout application. He'll get his drivers license sometime in January and he is doing much better in school (grade wise).

My daughter (11) had a wonderful year playing club soccer. She loves soccer and all the girls on her team. She played on two soccer teams (one club, one rec) in the Spring, tournaments in the Summer, soccer plus volleyball in the Fall. This Winter is indoor soccer, and two different teams in basketball. She's very busy, but she makes it look easy.

For me work is.............not bad work. I get to go to different places all day and meet all kinds of interesting people. Some aren't so nice but that's the minority and the majority greatly over shadows them.

Life is good and is getting better. That's how I feel right now.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Circumstances minimized overt Tina time this year, so I thought there wasn't much to crow about but then I thought about it:

1) Decided that I could learn to really apply mascara well but augmenting my natural brown lashes with just a slight touch, each hair being separate. That turned out not to be easy to do, but after doing it almost every day for a year, I really can color each lash, bottom and top, with out a single clump, making it lighter or heavier as I like.

2) eyebrows ditto

3) nails are much better, and almost to the point when they are strong enough to be shaped all the time...next year will probably bring the breakthrough.

4) really worked on Tina's voice, focussing on inflections and word usage...definitely better but probably not passable quality usage yet

Lastly, Tina really became comfortable with herself this year. Maybe we really are figuring out who she is!

I like this thread! I have three things that I accomplished this year.
    I managed to keep my company afloat for another year through this awful economic environment. (whew!)
    I renewed my commitment to take better care of myself via diet and exercise.
    I got my first wig, makeup, (with help from my SO) and attempted to "go all the way" with my presentation, even posted pictures here, something I thought I would never do!
    Whats next?

Yeah... I had to think about this one! Overall this has been a potentially disastrous year for me in many ways if I think about money... but if I get that out of the way...

I still have my business and a job!
    I got to dress and go walk about (a little) in Germany (a first!)
    Two of my daughters got their degrees (now all three are graduates)
    My granddaughter started school and just continues to amaze me - she is awesome!
    Joined two new bands
    Got my first PhD student on the books and official
    and..

I have continued to come to terms with Kaz being about me and not about the clothes, and whilst I love crossdressing, it is more about who I am and how I feel... I feel a more together and integrated person... and yes the conversations I have had on this site have been part of this journey.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I started to dress again after many years of holding it in. I've finally begun to accept myself and have never been happier and don't plan on going back to keeping this part of me in. I also told my girlfriend about all this which was a huge step.
    ~~Melissa~~

Great thread idea

Looking back I did do some fun and new stuff.

1. Pierced my ears, it was my wife's idea. Now I get to go earring shopping.

2. Another round of burlesque dance class. Reacquainted with some old class mates and made some new friends. They all know about my cross dressing and are fine with it. Planning on taking another class in February and there will be a student recital in March.

3. Went out to dinner in a public setting en femme for the first time. It was a liberating experience, hopefully it will just get easier and easier.
    Rebecca Bas

Katrina Michelle
    I have started to dress once again .After years of trying to bury this desire i am finally understanding that Katrina is as much a part of my life as the male side of me.I am more relaxed now and able dealing with any problems that may pop up .Being able to wear some sort of fem wear every day i think is the key to my happiness now.I have stopped beating my self up and am now accepting the girl inside me .This has been a major step for me.I have finally said the words out loud I AM A WOMAN . My outer shell may not show it but I AM A WOMAN

Katrina Michelle

For the most part, not a banner year. I keep coming "out" to people I know. So far no one really treats me differently. I went out alone for the first time (In either mode...I had never that I remember gone to a bar restaurant or similar without going with someone or meeting someone).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Married to "Loving wife" IamToni's Avatar
    Thanks to my amazing wife I have finally accepted and embraced my feminine side. With her support, encouragement and understanding we have reached a point where I can be me without the old feelings of guilt/shame. On a material level I now have an amazing wardrobe of beautiful feminine clothes that I can wear whenever I please, which tends to be most of the time when I'm at home. On a personal level I feel that our already very close relationship has become even closer and stronger as a result and this for me is the greatest accomplishment of the year.

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Lets see... There are so many things that have occurred this year that I view as positive:

I am 100% full time now! Awesome feeling!
    I have fully integrated both halves into a complete, whole person!
    Of all the people I have told, (all but my family) not one has shunned me or treated me any differently.
    I am now on HRT and things are going well. Cant wait for the visit from the breast fairy!
    Have made some wonderful new friends.
    I still have a job!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    1. For me it is the total acceptance of who I am. I can say that I love myself, and accept me as I am.
    2. Enjoying the freedom that I have to shave my legs, and trim down other body hair with my wifes acceptance.
    3. Being able to wear what I want without any hassles from the wife. She has reached the point of total acceptance also.
    4. Being able to tell my wife every day that I love her without reservation, because I love her as I love myself.
    5. Having my wife help me with shopping for things like bras and other intimates.

I could go about other things also. It has been a year to be truely thankful. The girls of this site and another that have helped me through to this point, so "THANK YOU".
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

omg...BIG changes:
    1. Therapy
    2. Out for convention (BE-All)
    3. Have a totally separate life/routine as Stephani...I'm involved in activities where people only know me as that person
    4. My SO doesn't totally freak out when she sees clothes. She still doesn't support but does tolerate, especially underdressing

-stephani

Quit smoking, again. Quit after I divorced in 1999 for 8 years. Started again and now 3 months clean of the addiction and smoke free. This time is definitely harder. I also think I swallowed a basketball while asleep because I cannot see my feet anymore, my dresses are too small, my tops look like maternity tops, the list goes on( I might be exagerating a tad here), so now it's on to the New Year's Resolutions Thread for me.

Aspiring Member
    I found a girl that met Kaela first and Mike second, and loves us both times a million. Who'd a thunk? Pretty good in that respect.
    —Mikaela

B.B.C.D. & D.Q.I.T. Chloe' Buffington's Avatar
    DJ'd my karaoke show as Chloe' for halloween, even sang female songs. Went to a mini mkt after the show too.
    Life is too short to not be who you are.