Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Did We Accomplish This Year?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I started HRT in mid January.

Just like I had always told myself I would handle things, I never hid any of the physical changes at work, so Yes, I do now have a visible bust at work. Not "chickening out" at work, living as I am, is an accomplishment.

I started weekly Remedial Massage for my back, in the spring, and I started weekly physio for my interconnected leg/ back/ shoulder / neck problems this fall. This is more "taking care of me" than I did before. The one regret is that I did not start physio years ago, before I ended up with a "very very" stiff back and a "very very very" stiff neck (both according to the physiotherapist.)

I have been doing a lot of technical volunteering this year, on a system that happens to include a rating mechanism. I knew I was "above average" in the topic, but to my surprise and personal gratification, I have been rated very highly, and I now know that my work makes a significant difference to other people. To know for sure that one is making a positive difference in peoples' lives, that one's efforts are worthwhile and that one really does make the world a better place: I'm not sure I could realistically hope for a better legacy.

I was able to accomplish some self esteem.It has been two years since I first left the house dressed from wig to painted poenails, head to toe, and I
    look at where I'me at now compared to where I came from and I even suprise myself. Please friends, dont get me wrong. I pass like a kidney stone. This is no
    way a display of arrogance.But as a former US Navy, combat zone war veteran, a telephone lineman, a bone marrow transplant patient, a father of a
    teenage girl, a black male living on the east side of Detroit, a makeup wearing sissy, et-al..Nothing scared me more than leaving the house enfemme
    with low self esteem..Higher self esteem has been my major accomplishment for this year...dana

I was able to accept myself more since I gained 20 pounds since last year, and come to a better understanding of my wife's acceptance of who I am.