Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Dressed Are you in one place long enough to be studied andchecked out carefully?

When Dressed Are you in one place long enough to be studied andchecked out carefully?

By this I mean, riding on public transport, restaraunt for lunch hairdresser etc.
    I am enduring this on the tube in London at the moment.
    It is good therapy and helps my confidence heaps.
    For those that don't know the seating arrangement on the tube (Underground railway.) is one row of seats opposite each other with standing room in the middle.
    When it is quiet you are sitting looking at the person opposite you.
    Nothing is ever said, but one day I had missed a spot on my face, shaving.
    I got some longer lingering looks than usual, so I chickened out when the pressure became too great and got off the train.
    What have you experienced? especially you UK girls.
    It must assist your confidence in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    By this I mean, riding on public transport, restaraunt for lunch hairdresser etc.
    For those that don't know the seating arrangement on the tube (Underground railway.) is one row of seats opposite each other with standing room in the middle.
    I got some longer lingering looks than usual, so I chickened out when the pressure became too great and got off the train.
    Does spending countless 6 to 18 hour days in airports and airplanes count?

you get used to it.
    oh, and planes count

Karrens Passing Postulary... The faster you go the more passable you are. As you approach the speed of light... Passability goes to infinity.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

yes, I am stationary all the time and get studied by others and I study them right back, normally in a detailed conversation. I have been on public transportation and planes. So, once you get used to it, it really is no big deal. The big deal is to get to that confidence level.

Banned Read only
    I don't know if I am stationary that long or not but I do hold a Stationary Engineer License.

Hi Beverley, I quite often have lunch at the shopping mall and have experienced a fair bit of "checking out", which is always amusing. I counter a stare with a big smile and have never had a bad reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    You bet it does Kimberly.

Hi,

It goes with out saying im studied no matter where i go. & theres no mistakeing what i am. what i wear stands out some what. i just dont blend in & never will. airports transport shops walking around , parks even bike rideing ,

Tho my thinking is people are getting used to me now tho not those who are new to our areas, well they will.

Facial wise if my looks were more female then i may be different in how im seen . & theres no change going to happen there, so for myself im a woman whos different & i get on with life, & any way i dont mind,

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Karrens Passing Postulary... The faster you go the more passable you are. As you approach the speed of light... Passability goes to infinity.
    Ha,ha ha! I like that!
    I know I'm 'studied' in hair salons and the doctors office while waiting! But My signature says it all!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    "stationary" what is that? faster man, faster... PlesdeSignHere..HaveaGoodDay!

I will have to try the speed of light approach one day. I like that idea.

I get more than my shares of people checking me out. As I am 6'2" without heels and I usually wear heels. Plus I am not very passable no matter how cute my outfit is. The guys usually look the other way and most of the girls gives me a cute little smile and sometimes they even come up to me and say I have a lot of courage to be in public and to keep it up. I have also found out that people can't forget me no matter how hard they try.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    So true! The time of most scrutiny is when you are zone 4 for boarding and your seat is at the back of a crowded plane. As you shuffle very slowly back, all 250 people have the chance to study you carefully from an unflattering angle.....

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    .............. lmao!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zarahemla, smak dab in the middle of the most anti LGBT community in the world.
    How fast is the mirror going?

Sure, we go out to the movies, restaurants and malls all the time. I know for sure I'm in one spot long enough when I'm scouring a sale rack for a cute top or skirt.
    I was nervous at first...but after a few times and the help of a friend (thanks Becky) I'm no longer concerned, or ashamed of who I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

The best is in a checkout line with four teenage girls under your chin..lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

"When Dressed Are you in one place long enough to be studied andchecked out carefully? "

I don't get out often, but recently, I decided to gas up my vehicle in a cute dress and heels (it was night time though). This activity sticks you in one spot for several minutes. It was a rush for me but nothing was said by anyone else.

Other than that, I've pretty much kept moving except sitting on the bench in the mall for a few minutes.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

On the way home from a work trip just before xmas I had to go for a 5 hour train ride and part of that was across london to get the connecting train home.

I was part dressed - female trousers, bra, breast forms, t-shirt and 1inch calf boots. I did have a male jacket on as I have no female coats and was being picked up the other side by someone who does not know I dress (I had my work shoes in my rucksack to swap into before I got off the train and my work clothes where in my overnight bag and removed the breast forms, I am often seen in women's jeans even by family).

Crossing London on the tube I was VERY concious of the looks and some made me feel very uncomfortable but this was the first time I ever did a train ride of this length dressed in obviously female clothes and more importantly boots - so it was a new experience.

Would I do it again? Yes without hesitation. Will I feel concious of it again, yes but I know it is something I have to do. Next time I am considering 2-3inch heeled boots as they will be more obvious and also more to my taste. The boots I wore where done to give me stability as well as comfort having never worn women's boots for more than 30 mins at a time, so jumping to 5-6 hours was a major thing.

I have worn female things in public before but this felt the most natural as the other times where me mostly hidden in a car. I make sure that what I wore looked right and balanced and just went for it. A male wearing female clothes (I never wear makeup, hair, nails etc to try and mask I am a male with grade 2/3 hair).

In January I have two more trips at the moment, I am looking forward to both as they will be on trains due to a medical driving ban after a serious fall - so it will let me see how people deal with me better as well.

I don't always go out dressed en femme, but when I do I prefer to be quick as I can be, they'll never suspect me.

I've only been out once and was noticed within seconds. My big expensive ball gown and fur coat might have had something to do with it. lol

...bike riding, driving, roller blading....not so much for not being read as you race past, but they offer a quick getaway.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    I think being viewable for more than a few seconds is enough for the average person to read a crossdresser, regardless of how "close" to passing we might like to think we are. Men and woman's faes are, on average,inherently different. The jaw line and Adam's apple in particular are so different, on average that the "tell" is there for anyone paying attention. Next,add in height, width, hand size and the cues are there for causing anyone to take notice. I think the best the average can hope for is to cause confusion, "Is that a guy in a dress...?". To me,it would be the very rare man who has very,very feminine features across the whole spectrum of their person that can pass with impunity. None of this, however, should cause anyone a second thought about going out. People simply don't care or notice. confidence is the key. If you don't care, they don't care.

My outings are getting longer and longer. Mysafe zone is expanding as well as the number of people I am "out" to. So I get looked lot now. I dont pass. I gave up on that. Now I just try to look my best. I get many compiments from the "normal" people. Right now I am sitting in the lobby of the Days Inn, Uof M campus. The lobby is full of people that have to know I am a CD, but no one cares.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

I do go to brunch after church at a diner, so I am sitting there. I also do shop sometimes dressed and I know I'm read, but so far no problems and I don't really care.

A tilt of the head and a smile and maybe whispering "Hi how are you" does a lot. Yes I am in public places stationary often when I go out.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,