Thread: Mortality

Mortality

I've noticed that the thread's have become more philosophical lately,is it a sign of our aging?,which alot more of us are posting lately.Just for the record I'm 57 as of last summer,a Virgo.Has society become more acceptant or more indifferent to the male CDer?Does the stereotype of the CDer still exist or has the general public been more informed in this age of the internet.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Allisa, I think you ar right on regarding your idea of threads becoming moer philosophical! It may be a sign of aging, but I do think society has become more accepting of crossdressing. And yes they are certainly more informed now with the internet. BTW, at age 79 I am old enough to be your father. I have been crossdressing longer than you have been alive, since I started at age 6!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    I've noticed that the thread's have become more philosophical lately...Has society become more acceptant or more indifferent to the male CDer?
    Oh I think both, depending on demographics. For those who take in stride the new trend of male P-spot O'ing, more accepting. For those who think that's a really 'gay thing', less accepting.

Does the stereotype of the CDer still exist or has the general public been more informed in this age of the internet.
    Judging by the new 'Shegirls' category recently added to RedTube I'd say 'more informed'.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Has society become more acceptant or more indifferent to the male CDer? Does the stereotype of the CDer still exist or has the general public been more informed in this age of the internet.
    Great question. Well, my personal feeling is that the general public has become somewhat more aware of the term "transgender". Perhaps some of them even a little more understanding of what "transgender" is in respect of GID .. but my personal opinion is that I still don't think that people understand crossdressing as it relates to being a "part-time girl". i.e. I still don't think people "get" why genetic males want to feel feminine.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Great question. Well, my personal feeling is that the general public has become somewhat more aware of the term "transgender". Perhaps some of them even a little more understanding of what "transgender" is in respect of GID .. but my personal opinion is that I still don't think that people understand crossdressing as it relates to being a "part-time girl". i.e. I still don't think people "get" why genetic males want to feel feminine.
    True enough Rachel. The general public definitely do not 'get' it when many with gender expression issues themselves don't either. To make things worse, watch what happens when the disgusting series called "Work IT" starts up in January. Another step backwards.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    To make things worse, watch what happens when the disgusting series called "Work IT" starts up in January. Another step backwards.
    Yes, I saw this on YouTube. I think I feel sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Joid6wx3Q
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I just watched that trailer and I too am sick to my stomach,I don't have words to express my OUTRAGE.This is only going to fuel my resolve to talk more openly to any one who asks me about my expression of my femme self.I could just scream!!!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Wow, that looks like a fun TV program. Now If I can just keep myself from surfing past it when it is on. I like humor even when it is directed toward me. I can live with it.

I find it more amazing that your great post is accompanied by 71 post since January and first answered by Stephanie with 3965 (at time of post).

I think society is still not ready for girls like us. We find it turning but it is only the number of like minded people's interest that makes it look like more are caring. In my mind, there are still far to many of us taking our lives or being killed. It's just a matter of life. Sorry
    Last edited by *Vanessa*; 12-24-2011 at 12:21 AM.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I would agree that society has become more aware of aspects of the transgender community, but also agree that the specifics of cross dressing are not well understood, nor have they been well explained. It is like this specific element is taboo to discuss and the result is that in the general non internet surfing public, little advancement has been made, evidence the preschool humor of the ABC comedy, which while I find moronic, I can see why they do it. Bet you will never see a comedy about someone transitioning, undergoing HRT, enduring the pain of FFS, or SRS on the big three networks. I dont try to understand them, I just watch or not depending on the content.

I love everyone here, and will be doing my part, when able, to advance understanding and tolerance.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

My guess would be that society has recently become more indifferet, since there are a whole lot more people who are really concerned about having a roof over their heads and food in their belly than anything else.

Yes, I saw this on YouTube. I think I feel sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Joid6wx3Q
    I just watched that trailer and I too am sick to my stomach,I don't have words to express my OUTRAGE.This is only going to fuel my resolve to talk more openly to any one who asks me about my expression of my femme self.I could just scream!!!
    I agree, it's pretty awful. But if you look at the comments posted on YouTube, they're generally opposed to the show or favorable to us girls. So maybe the public is a bit more sensitive than we think.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I still don't think that people understand crossdressing as it relates to being a "part-time girl"
    I think that you are spot on here. I have a very supportive friend who recently told me that she cannot understand why a man would want to wear women's clothes. It is just something she can't getr her head around.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    My wife also say she cant grasp the concept of "part-time girl". I have try explain some of the factors involved (don't know all myself).
    more than not people are open to the understanding that everyone does not fit in the dame box. just as with some of the other threads here the younger people want to fit in and find a group (gang,click) identify with. As WE get older we want to identify more with who we are ourselves.
    As more of our friends see a positive person that CD, the more they will take a positive outlook of it.