Thread: Im out to the whole family

Im out to the whole family

Just came out to my last two kids yesterday. They are 12 & 5, both were very accepting. My oldest is 15 and my wife told him a few days ago, he also was very accepting. He said "whatever tickles your pickle". He was joking but was really cool, he said he loves me no matter what and it doesn't change anything.

Yesterday I was wearing a skirt and hose in my room and my middle son said he wanted to go out. I said after I get ready, he asked how long and I said a few minutes unless you want me to go out like this. He could only see a bit of my skirt but I ended up opening the door and showing him. He said it looked like a tutu. I said no its actually a skirt. I asked if that bothered him and he said no.

Later my oldest came in to get his shoes, when he came in the other boys followed him and saw me in the chair at the window. My youngest came up and gave me a hug.

I've slowly been dressing more and more around them prior. Like shoes and hose, so I didn't just throw it at them in one shot. I just wanted to be accepted by my family and just got tired of all the hiding and lying.

I only have experience with my young daughter,and all has worked out great.However,with boys,it may get interesting...Keep us informed! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    Different strokes, but I just don't get the desire to be "out to the whole family". Sorry, but it's not something on my priority list and never will be. If it floats your boat, then go for it.

I'm sitting downstairs with my wife and three boys watching a movie in a women's grey top and a black knee length skirt and thigh high suntan stockings. We're all having a great time laughing and enjoying our time together. I love my family so much. I feel so good right now.

Merry Christmas girls!

This is a great story, Congrats! Being accepted by your family is a special thing.

Merry Christmas!

Here I am! I'm having a great time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wish my house was so accepting. I have my 11 year old son and my parents live with me. My son and mother know about my dressing, my father just would not understand. My son sees me wearing panties and a simple nightie and is ok, but is not ok with any more. I would like to be able to relax around home in a skirt or comfortable top or simple dress. Maybe one day.

I am happy for you and your accepting family where everyone can be themselves.

Angela

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I don't understand why the need to tell kids. I've always believed in only telling people that need to know, usually kids don't. They have enough going on in their lives.
    Dana Ryan

Well Dana,For some of us we couldn't or wouldn't carry out our TG lives hiding it from those we live with. My daughter has fully known since age 5 and is totally cool with it. However, if I were to have had a boy,then it might have been difficult. Boys are brought up to have a more manly image of Dad thanks to our world. Dads are supposed to want Chainsaws for Christmas,not another skirt... lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Why not both
    Sounds good to me!

Congrats missyatl! It's awesome that your family is accepting!

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Congratulations Missy!

I'm of the school of thought that says that parents shouldn't lie to their children, and raising them from an early age to be around LGBTs would make them much more accepting of them. Kudos to you for being honest with them. I figure that it would be much better to tell them and explain it to them so that they understand, then for them to just suddenly find daddy playing with what they think are mommy's clothes and being horribly confused.

I bet it is a breath of fresh air for you to be able to kick back, watch a game, and look darn fabulous while doing it.
    In a way I wish I could do the same, but I've heard my roommates rant on and on with transphobic comments and while I'm not afraid to defend myself, I'd just rather keep this side of me to myself and avoid that unpleasantness altogether. Besides, I'm still so new to the whole thing, that I'm still gauging how far I want to go with it.

At 23 I haven't started a family yet, but I've told my older sister (who was always into LGBT issues and cool about it), my mom whom I've also been dressed around a few times, and more recently and most significantly my dad, which was an interesting story I'll maybe tell another time (he's accepting, not thrilled, but he's kind of like, "meh, what the hell, whatever").

Depending on profession, I might be careful about letting my kids find out at a real early age, simply because I wouldn't want something to slip out by accident (kids say the darndest things sometimes don't they?), however otherwise I'm basically of the same school of thought as Jessica.... but I'm also a 23 y.o. youngster who hasn't had kids....

Feels great mentally and physically doesn't it Missy? No excuses, no lies, no hiding material things or truths, just being who you really are and true to yourself. Congrats girl.