Thread: Fully dressing at trams club for first time...advice?

Fully dressing at trams club for first time...advice?

Merry Christmas lady's!!

I am very new to this, and apart from wearing a skirt when my housemates are out I have no experience in dressing.

But I want to go to the way out club in London. Fully dressed.

This is daunting but it will be my new years resolution to do this. I want to embrace this part of who I am and it is something I have wanted for a long time.

I think I want to dress as a goth for a few reasons. I am a metal head and I love long flowing skirts and dark clothes. But a few things...

1. I am a hairy guy. And I would like not to shave my chest. Any ways around this?

2. Make up. Where to begin?

3. Will anyone in the London area who goes to the way out club meet with me? I would be so scared to go alone (but I get how this might sound, and totally get if this is a problem...).

Cannot wait to go shopping for my outfit!! If any of you know of any plus size goth stores please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

1) Just wear stuff that covers up your chest really well.
    http://store.vampirefreaks.com/produ..._poizensai.jpg
    That link shows something that looks goth but covers 100% chest (and still looks pretty good too).

2) I have no idea, still haven't done makeup on myself yet...and I wouldn't know the first thing about doing goth makeup.

3) I'm in the southeastern US...kinda hard to go out to a club in London...sorry.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloei View Post
    1. I am a hairy guy. And I would like not to shave my chest. Any ways around this?

2. Make up. Where to begin?

3. Will anyone in the London area who goes to the way out club meet with me? I would be so scared to go alone (but I get how this might sound, and totally get if this is a problem...).
    1. High necklines! This time of year they're probably the norm in London!
    2. Go to the janetscloset site and check out her makeup videos. She shows a complete procedure in terms that we can easily understand, including the all-important beard cover. The only hard-to-find item that she uses is stick foundation but I believe that Max Factor PanStik is still readily available on your side of the Atlantic.
    3. I can't help you there. I went it alone my first time but it was a bit daunting!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Chloei,,

As far as a hairy chest goes, if you can't/don't want to remove the hair, then you have to wear clothes that cover the hair up, that's basically your only choices as far as I know. For makeup, get a good book or two on makeup and practice a lot. And there are tons of videos on how to do makeup on YouTube. When you have specific questions about makeup, ask here and I'm sure you'll get help.

On another note, I'd like to make a suggestion to you. Since you're new here, you probably haven't noticed that we have members here who are FTM, that is they were born female but identify as men, so addressing the group as "lady's" is frowned on because it excludes them. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Carol
    My name is Carol.