Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross Dressing clubs in Dallas Texas

Cross Dressing clubs in Dallas Texas

I go to Dallas every so often and I would like to know where there are some clubs that I can go to to meet Cross Dressers.

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

I was there 2 years ago and met up with some gals at a clothing store called Larger Than Life. Try them for ideas. We went out to a steak house together and then a club down town. To be honest, getting out with them to the steak house was more fun!

Thanks for theinformation.

DonnaT

The meet up site was no help as it only listed a group to join for support. The party site listed a few clubs. Have you ever been to any of the clubs? Which is the best to meet other crossdressers?

The website listed some clubs. Have you ever been to any of the clubs? Which is the best to meet other crossdressers?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-07-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: merged - please use the edit button

I've not been to the clubs in TX, but have in VA. I suggest calling the clubs and find out which ones have the most active CD patrons. When at the club, don't be a wallflower, go ahead and introduce yourself around.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    There is a place in Arlington called Club 1851 at 1851 Division Street, west of the Ball Park. You will be totally accepted there and they have Drag Shows every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. The drinks are inexpensive and the atmosphere is pretty laid back and no cover charge. Sue Ellen's in Dallas is good as well, located in the Oaklawn district where there are several transgendered places to go, all within walking distance from one another. The area is safe and while walking from one establishment to another, I have met and talked to the Dallas cops assigned to the area, totally hassle free. Drinks and atmosphere in Dallas are a little more sophisticated but both places are good for a fun time out.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

I will actually be staying in Plano so I guess the Dallas clubs would be the best for me.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-07-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: merged - please use the edit button

You might want to check the meetup site again. Once you join and are accepted (just takes a few hours or less) the site will open up and you will see where we all are meeting and when. But here are a few choices, Sue Ellens- a lesbian bar on throckmorton. Very CD friendly and a common meeting place for TG/CD's. S4- just around the corner. Large gay dance club. There is a spot upstairs called the RoseRoom that features drag shows on the weekends, also inhabited by our crowd. The church-, havent been, but hear good things. Really the whole Oak Lawn /Cedar Springs area is TG/CD safe and friendly.
    The meetup site will give you specific dates and times people are going to go where, even giving you a list with pictures of who is attending.

I didn't know that you had to sign up at the meetup site. I will go do that and see what happens. It sounds like it is really great site. Can you meet people on the site? When you belong to the site can you change the area you are looking for? I will probably be heading towards the Dallas area later this month and will check out the clubs. I am not sure if I should go dressed up or just wear my ugly male clothes. I wish I knew some one in the area that would take me to the clubs.

I stayed in Plano....somewhat close to where they filmed "Dallas". I did a tour...wish I was dresed.

I stayed at Southfork the hotel....kind of a dump but it sounded cool.

Oh, yes you can meet people on the site, we are all very friendly. There is a forum, but it is less traveled than this one. It's more of a 'Let's all go here" kind of thing. I know we get girls from other cities all the time, but have not checked out if they all have a meet up site like this one.

If you are in town on Friday the 20th of January, we are meeting at the Dallas Museum of Art. They are having a "Divas of Gaultier Costume Contest" that night with a lot of activities. (the Museum is having the contest, not the group)
    There are already quite a few signed up for this and these kind of things can attract some pretty large numbers. The last big event a few weeks ago gathered 100 members and supporters.
    I'm sure would be welcomes with open arms if you came. Oh, and definitely Dress!

Dallas Museum Of Art
    1717 North Harwood Street, Dallas, TX

Hi Ronny! Let me make a few comments...

Larger Than Life is a great resale shop on Northwest Highway that specialize in plus-sized clothing, and the owners are very TG-friendly. I'd highly recommend them if you're looking to save money on fashions.

I've been to a few of the malls en femme, with no hassles. Northpark Center is one of the nicest malls you'll ever see; very upscale but there's a wide variety of shops there. And you have to love a mall which has a Sephora just above the Apple Store! I'd also recommend the Dallas Galleria and Stonebriar in Frisco.

The DFW TG "scene" is a lot larger than I'd expected when I moved here, but it's pretty centralized around the Cedar Springs "gayborhood." Sue Ellens, S4 and the Rose Room are all good places to find girls, and the crowd is very fun. The area is safe if you stay in the busier areas; don't park on the side streets and be careful when you cross the street. There's been some robberies in the area, and a couple of people have been hit by cars crossing the street.

The Church is a goth/industrial club night at The Lizard Lounge on Thursdays and Sundays. If you're into the goth/alternative music scene, it's a great place to go. The people there are really cool with girls like us, and I've met some great folk there.

Yes, you do have to join the Meetup group, but it's worth it. If you want to know what's going on, or find people to go out with, it's the place to be.

The DMA's showing a collection of Jean Paul Gauthier fashions until February, and it's worth seeing. The contest looks fun, and if I could pull off a great Madonna/Lady Gaga look I'd be in it!
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

I usually stay at a Quality Inn. They are usually pretty good places to stay at.

So you would recommend those 3 malls for me to go to enfemme? Do you usually see a few other cross dressers in the malls? Are other stores like Walmart, etc good stores to go to enfemme? Which mall and store would you recommend me to go to enfemme to get a make over, etc? Can you go to the Larger Than Life store enfemme? I am sorry I am asking you so many questions but I am kinda new about going out enfemme. But every time that I go out enfemme I really love it, it is such a turn on to me. I will definately check out those malls when I am there next which should be later this month.

I couldn't find on the site where to join for cross dresser information or how to meet other corss dressers. Can you please tell me how I do that? Thanks.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-07-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: merged - please use the dit button

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnysis View Post
    So you would recommend those 3 malls for me to go to enfemme? Do you usually see a few other cross dressers in the malls? Are other stores like Walmart, etc good stores to go to enfemme? Which mall and store would you recommend me to go to enfemme to get a make over, etc? Can you go to the Larger Than Life store enfemme? I am sorry I am asking you so many questions but I am kinda new about going out enfemme. But every time that I go out enfemme I really love it, it is such a turn on to me. I will definately check out those malls when I am there next which should be later this month.
    I'd go to these malls. I used to go to Valley View, but it's pretty much dead now. Town East in Mesquite I go to when I want to go to Torrid (their SA's are great) but if you're not comfortable with a mall that's more "urban" you may not like it. I can't comment about Walmart; I don't shop at them unless I have to. Most larger stores in town don't care as long as you're spending money. If you want a makeover, contact the MAC store in Northpark. Larger Than Life is fine to shop at en femme-they encourage it.

I don't find going out a turn on anymore-I do find that it's a very natural thing for me to do. I feel like I'm just another girl, out in the world, being myself and being very happy. If you're comfortable with yourself, if you don't mind talking to people and give 'em a smile and act like a real person you'll be fine anywhere.

One more thing-once you join the Meetup group, if you'd like company when you shop, post a meetup. Bet you'll find other girls who want an excuse to get out!
    Last edited by divamissz; 01-05-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Added to the post
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Thanks for all the information.

Ronnysis,
    You can go anywhere in the UPtown area enfemme and probably not have a problem. Dallas is a pretty open town. I go out a lot and can't remember any issues ever happening except for a guy whistling at me on Cedar Springs. It just surprised me, I should have stopped and had him by me a drink. There are Ross Stores, on neaqr Preston and Northwest Hwy where I shop a lot. Never a problem getting into the ladies dressing rooms when enfemme and the prices are just Unbelievebly reasonable. Can usually get a really nice dress for around around $20. I shop a Payless a lot for shoes too. There is a Cato's near Skillman & Abrams intersection (not too far from Larger than LIfe) and I shop there alot. Also enfemm and they are very frendly and helpful. Again, some pretty great prices. I've even entered in drab and left in full Femme attire from shoes, lingerie, belts, jewlery, dresses or a skirt & top.....they can totally fix you up to look pretty.. Just come to Dallas, and dress up...go out and have fun!!!! Just be aware of your surraoundings a any woman should and don't go to plpaces you get a bed fell from, same as in guy mode. Most any restuaurnt will be happy to serve you. The Melrose bar at the conner of Cedar Springs and Oak Lawn isd a great bar for a drink as is the bar at the top of the Anatole. Bothe very accepting and freindly places. The Anatole has a great view of Dallas at night. As you probably can tell, I could go on for quite a while. Have fun.

Thanks for even more information. I guess I just have go out and look around. Is it pretty easy to find someone to go out with me? I am a bit nervous as I an still very new at going out dressed up enfemme.

We use to exchange newsletters with MetroCD, but they have closed down.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Unfortunately, I seem to be the "Lonesom Dove'. I just can't seem to find a cd friend to shop with. My wife knows I dress as our closet is filled with my many dresses and skirts & tops and shoe rack and boxes of panties and bras, but she doesn't want to participate or go out with me. I keep trying to hook up with some one from fem expressions group, but can't seem to find the right opportunity or time. I just go out shopping and dining...alone. I haven't yet told my wife that I going out to meet another cross dresser for fear of how she will take it.

When are you comming to Dallas. Leave me a message and if it can wotk out we can meet up and shop. and shop and shop and shop and shop

I am a lot like you. I live in Amarillo. I am not able to find any others to go out shopping and dining with. It is almost like they don't exist but I know they do. I have told my wife how I am meeting others and she is very accepting of it. She says she just wants me to have a good time. When I first met her 33 years ago I explained to her how I liked to dress up in my black sheer nylon stockings, a garter belt, nylon panties, sexy high heels, etc. I wanted to bring it out in the beginning as I wanted her to know the true me. She accepted me like I was and under stood how I felt. I is really wonderful! I am not sure where you go to post to try and find others when I would be in town so we could go shopping or dining out. Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    Unfortunately, I seem to be the "Lonesom Dove'. I just can't seem to find a cd friend to shop with. My wife knows I dress as our closet is filled with my many dresses and skirts & tops and shoe rack and boxes of panties and bras, but she doesn't want to participate or go out with me. I keep trying to hook up with some one from fem expressions group, but can't seem to find the right opportunity or time. I just go out shopping and dining...alone. I haven't yet told my wife that I going out to meet another cross dresser for fear of how she will take it.

When are you comming to Dallas. Leave me a message and if it can wotk out we can meet up and shop. and shop and shop and shop and shop
    Paula, Have you dried the local meet up group? http://www.meetup.com/tgresources/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]