Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bit of serious stuff ....

I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, or demean anyone . I should have phrased the question differently, perhaps?

From very early in my childhood, I felt an interest and affinity with the girl's side of things. I remember arguing with my parents and grandparents about which way round to wear my underpants .. I did not like the "Y fronts" which marked me out as a boy and wanted to reverse them so that they were smooth at the front. I was reprimanded at infant school for wanting to play with the girls in the "Wendy House".
    I can now, some fifty years on, grasp the significance of overheard whispered adult conversations about how I would have been named Victoria, and it has recently struck me that when my grandmother painted my face, encouraged me to learn knitting and, believe it or not, gave me instruction on the best way to put on a bra ( theory not practical, I hasten to add .. start with it "upside down, inside out and back-to-front, if you were wondering?) .. she had a bit of an insight into something! At about age seven, I had devised a way of fashioning my pyjama jacket into a makeshift skirt so that I could enjoy clandestinely, alone at home, doing handstands and having my "skirt" fall around my face like the girls at school did at playtime.

... sorry, this is turning into a big essay about myself which I'll continue later and elsewhere, it's irrelevant to this thread I was silly enough to start .. "where angels fear to tread, fools rush in", as they say ..

Briefly, as it's bedtime, all I was trying to say is that GGs (genetic girls ? have I got that right?) deal with issues that we non-GGs, however feminine, sympathetic and wise, just don't.

We are not pretending. We are being who we are, which is different from GGs and different from your stereotypical male. I'm not offended. I just disagree, I'm not pretending, I'm just being me.

perfectly hapy pretending also getting to step back or stay in the role my choice

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    .....So maybe we can agree on 50/50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Okay, point taken. (you are very good at forcing perspective)........If I am willing to agree that 50% of the CD's on this board are actually "identity" types, (and I think that's a stretch) can you agree that the other half are pretending and play acting? I mean really, the fact that we're even arguing about this is kinda bizarre......
    I love seeing friends work things out and seek to put out fires, even if there is still some disagreement. This is how life should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Richards View Post
    I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, or demean anyone . I should have phrased the question differently, perhaps?.......Briefly, as it's bedtime, all I was trying to say is that GGs (genetic girls ? have I got that right?) deal with issues that we non-GGs, however feminine, sympathetic and wise, just don't.
    I'm glad you came back to address this thread again. I certainly can agree with your last statement about GG's, that there are issues that we as CD'ers can never attain to, no matter how much we desire to be like them. I'm sorry for getting a little flushed.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I started to write a reply about this being silly, then I thoght for a moment, and decided that I would pretend I never read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Richards View Post
    We don't menstruate, fall pregnant or give birth. So we are just pretending.

Thoughts?
    Pretending what? I have never professed to menstrate, fall pregnant, or have the ability to give birth. I pretend nothing, but I do express my feminine side when I want to as part of that expression. If someone I meet while en femme comes out and asks if I am a woman or a man, I would tell them I am a genetic man.