Thread: Boudoir photo shoot?

Boudoir photo shoot?

Have any of you ladies ever gone to do a boudoir style photo shoot? I'm not talking about a transformation service but the type of place that general provides photography for GGs? I had contacted one in my hometown of Columbus, OH a few years ago because the idea of having a photographer whose focus is in drawing the inherent sexiness and sensuality out out of women of all walks of life/shapes/sizes, etc. was really appealing to me, I wanted to see how I could look in their hands if I posed for them. But I was told by the photographer that I contacted that she only worked with female clients.

So, last week I got an ad from Living Social (similar to Groupon, they send out daily discount offers on goods and services for a general area) for a boudoir photo shoot in the San Fernando Valley for only $99, marked down from over $400. Obviously this seemed like a good deal, but I've seen Living Social ads in the past for services that will specify "women only," like pole dancing "fitness" classes or burlesque training stuff. So, before I spent my money, I went to the site for the service, and I emailed them and explained to them that I was a male who crossdresses and and I was wondering if they would be willing to photograph me, that I had been searching for such a service because I wanted to do a pin-up/boudoir style session because I found most of the time, images of men in lingerie on the internet are without a hint of taste and are more than sort of vulgar, and instead I wanted to do something with the same level of class and professionalism as the service they provide.

Well, I received a reply from their photographer who said they would accomodate me as best they could. Unfortunately, I was traveling for christmas and I hadn't gotten his email until after the ad expired, so I wrote him back and said that I appreciated him getting back to me, but that I had missed the window for living social so I'd have to wait till I could afford the full rate. Then tonight, I got an email back from him saying that they would honor the living social offer as a special case for me because I had contacted them during it, so I should contact their office when they are back thursday or friday if I'm interested.

I feel like I should definitely take advantage of it because of their generosity in extending the offer, and looking at their site the idea of having these photos taken does intrigue me a lot, I'm not sure yet if I want to do them in full girl mode as "Alyssa" or do them in more of my "Between world" style, but I was wondering if anyone else on these boards have had any experience with a service like this, or have had any such photos taken of them? What was the experience like, did you feel comfortable being photographed in such a risque manner, were you happy with the photos?

Here's the studio's website http://ditraflame.com/index2.php#/home/
    Last edited by JiveTurkeyOnRye; 12-26-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: wrong link
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Just did a boudior shoot

I did not do this through Groupon or Living Social but I did seek out a photographer who specializes in these types of shoots. I had the shoot done the first week of December and I am waiting for the final product. I did review the proofs and I was amazed at how they looked before the final production work. I can hardly wait for the finished product.

But to be fair, I think this may this type of work can be hit and miss. Several years ago I did a pin up shoot and was not completely happy with the final product. A couple of things to looks for:

Check their website to see if they fit the style of what you're trying to accomplish.

Makeup - the pinup shoot i did, did include a makeover but she wasn't a professional makeup artists, and it showed. The boudior shoot did include a pro markup artists and she did a great job. Or if you are comfortable doing your own makeup, that can work to. The artist I worked with for the boudior shoot has worked in bridal as well as films and special effects work.

The more work you put in, the better the finished product will look. I have grown out my hair, had a full body wax and gel nail extensions put on for the shoot. Also knowing how to pose can help. I have taken burlesque dance classes and they helped a lot. Creating an S shape while posing, etc.

The studio - some of the shoots I have done had a simple colored sheet backdrop. The boudior shoot early this month was done in a wedding dress shop the photographer had worked with in the past. There were several rooms with large mirrors, benches, tall windows and doors. That brought a lot of interest into the photos, much more so than a pink backdrop.

Lastly, during the shoot you have to really just let loose and be confident in yourself around other people while your wearing skimpy lingerie. During the shoot there was the photographer, a lighting assistant and before the photos there was the makeup artist. In my case they were all women which i actually felt more comfortable with They do this for a living, and they've seen lots of skin and lingerie before. I had a minor "wardrobe malfunction" and we all just moved on after I tucked it back into place. Just have fun with it and be just another one of the girls they've worked with and it should go well.
    Rebecca Bas

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the info. I think this service normally includes a makeup artist but I do not believe that will be the case for the discounted version that I'm getting that pertains to the Living Social deal. I believe I will simply be getting an hour of photography time with two outfits, and will get one 8x10 print and two 5x7 prints, with light touching up. Nowhere on the deal description does it mention makeup so I am assuming there is not. I will either do my own makeup or seek out a friend of mine to do it for me, I have a couple who have worked as semi-pro makeup artists out here so I think that shouldn't be a problem, but worst case scenario I can always plan to swing by a Sephora before going to the shoot and get my makeup done in exchange for purchasing some product.

Based on the samples on the site it does feel like this company and their photographer have the skills to do a variety of different types of shots, so I'm fairly confident they will be able to work with me. I had an idea this morning that I might try out in my mirror before deciding on what two outfits I want to wear for my shoot are, one of them though is playing on my "male with a girly side" aspect, where I will wear my favorite corset with gartered stockings and all that, but over it have the remnants of a men's suit, like an unbuttoned shirt, untied tie around my neck and a pair of dropped pants around my ankles, teasing the idea of having been a man all day and now the gal is ready to play. I'll see what they think of it but I think it could be a sassy shot.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

That sounds great. One other thing I forgot to mention is the up sell. They may try to sell you bigger packages or additional photos. Just go in prepared. Buy some extras if you want them but have a budget too. Extras can add up fast.

Have fun with it.
    Rebecca Bas