Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you need a dress to feel femini9ne

Do you need a dress to feel femini9ne

I was trying on some stuff I ordered for my transformation, like a pre fit. I really don't like the dress I bought so I tried on the pleated slacks and a nice blouse and heels. I wore my padded strpless bra and forms and bubbled padded panties. I had to throw on a wig and a little make-up to see if I like the look. I like the look and kinda feel womanly in that outfit. My front was smooth and my butt looked alot better with the padding. I have nice slender legs for a bigger girl and love the skirt look . so my question is can you feel just as feminine in slacks and a nice top as you would in a dress or skirt ?? Or should I go get a nicer skirt or dress for my transformation in Vegas
    Last edited by DeniseNJ; 12-28-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Yes I can! I don't wear a dress very often! I feel just as feminine 24/7! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    For me, not in the slightest. I'm more of a light switch that I turn on or off depending on the situation.

For me I need to be in a dress or skirt to real feel feminine. Wearing pants just feels to much like guy mode, no matter the rest of the outfit.

Platinum Member
    I certainly feel more feminine in a dress or skirt and top, but most days, I'm in women's jeans or slacks and feel perfectly feminine, provided I've taken the time to put on foundation garments, forms, make up and accessories.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    For me, it depends on my mood. I love my mini skirts and sweater dress with some cute tights, but I also feel good in some boot cut yoga pants or a pair of capris. Everyone is different. Wear whatever makes you feel good!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Well for me a dress or a nice skirt and blouse certainly makes me feel more feminine, but it has always been for me the bra panties and pantyhose. As long as I have those anything on top is just a bonus

It certainly helps, but I can also feel good in a nice top and Capris, or femme jeans. It all depends upon the situation.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    I usually need to be in at least undergarments to feel even the slightest bit girly, unless I'm playing with my hair. There's a reason I keep it so long Skirts are the golden ticket, but since I can't shave my legs without fear of my wife going ballistic, I have to settle for femme jeans which do the trick just fine. A cute top doesn't hurt either.

No, I can feel feminine on the tractor wearing overalls and a flannel shirt. I'd just rather be wearing a dress.

There's no right or wrong way to feel feminine (despite what Karren might say if she responds to this thread :-P.) I have pants I feel girly in and I have skirts (ok, kilts) that I feel masculine in. And I see women out and about all the time dressed in pants that look absolutely amazing, in fact I can remember times when, while flirting, I've said to girls "Have I ever told you how big a fan I am of black pants?" or something to that effect.

It's all about what makes you feel good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I definitely like the dress or skirt myself. If I have a nice blouse, I can more or less get by with slacks, but I still feel like I'm too much in boy-mode.

No dress needed for me. I feel femmy as long as I have my lipstick & bra. Right now I'm wearing bra, robe, and slip with lippy of course and I feel so femmy.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I know that I am part feminine no matter what clothes I have on. It is just my nature to feel that way, since all of us have some degree of femininity in us. But a skirt and top or a nice dress certainly helps the feeling!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Clothes are a nice addition but they are the condiment, not the main meal. I too have a switch. When it's thrown in the feminine side, the voice changes, the outlook on life changes (heck, try walking like a guy wearing heels!!!), and then Tina decides what to wear. She might wear a few different outfits per day but it's still Tina!

Although the clothing is a big thing for me, putting makeup on or painting my nails gives me that girly glow :-)

Sometimes I love just putting on panties and a minie night shirt. But dressing up in pants or a dress makes me feel just as good. But I LOVE putting on my heels.

No, I don't need a dress .. as soon as I'm in a lacy petticoat and panties, I'm feeling quite feminine

I like to get girly in a nice dress (saw a red club dress in Macy's yesterday which would look dazzling on a girl about twenty-five years my junior, and it made me dream about being young and hot and desirable), but I feel most comfortable in androgynous clothes and my wig and makeup. If my body is smooth, I'm wearing makeup, and I have my wig on, I feel totally Femme without much regard to my clothing.

I prefer dresses and skirts but the whole fem thing really kicks in when I apply foundation, lipstick and do my eye makeup. For some reason, I feel absolutely wonderful when it's all done!
    -Audrey

I have to agree with sissystephanie I think for the first time. I can feel girly anytime. I can be wearing levis and a Harley T and as long as I am wearing a bra and perhaps long dangly earrings I am one happy person. Would I like to be dressed to the nines? You bet! But I will take whatever I can get.

I can feel girly in a pair of jeans, a short skirt or a dress. I just need a touch of mascara and makeup

Wearing a skirt or dress helps me feel more feminine, but recently going out i found out wearing a cute pair of fem jeans, and a light top still makes me feel fem though. Something about the tightness of the jeans i guess for me since guy mode pants for me are baggy. So wearing girl jeans that are better fitting still triggers in my mind a feeling of fem.

Elana

Do I need a dress in order to feel feminine? Well, I don't suppose that I do. But since I can wear pants any time I want to, I like to wear dresses when I crossdress.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Hi Denise,

I don't need a dress to feel feminine. Normally wear dresses on a very regular bases as they are sooo comfy, but the odd time will wear cargo pants and a blouse as well.

In the end do what you feel good with, as you are really the only one you have to please in that area.

Enjoy your transformation in Vegas, it sounds very exciting.

Cindy