Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you rate me?

How do you rate me?

Hi ladies.

My wife brought up about me going out doors as sammy. She says I could pass as a girl. I wanted to get more feedback. If you take a look at my avatar and profile pics. How would you rate me? From 1-5. 1 being really bad and 5 passing off as a beautiful woman. Please be nice.

Love Sammy

ill say a 3 maybe 4 my computer is junk so i cant tell in pics but they look great if i was u i wouldnt worry youll pass!!

Go out, you'll do fine. You will pass!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-29-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: please use the edit button

Have your wife take a better picture, and post it in the Gallery

I suggest you believe in your wife's opinion, however.
    DonnaT

I think you'll do fine . Watch you're posture and you're manerisms . The rest will come as you progress .

Sorry, I will not ever rate others. Based on what I see you'll be fine. Just remember the feminine walk/talk/mannerisms are needed as well.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I guess the bigger question would be why you feel the need to be rated. Do you want to go out? Go. Does your wife want you to go out? Go. Does it matter how you look? No.

I'm sure your wife is very concerned for not only your safety, but your happiness as well. As others have said, trust your wife (good advice anytime, actually )

Kathi

Your avatar and profile pictures look really good Sammy but you will have to let us see some better pictures to give you a true opinion.

SUZY

Thank you ladies so far. I kinda want to experience goin out. Just wanna look right.

I'm sure everyone thinks your pics look beautiful... But photos don't tell the story. Its 95% attitude and 5% looks. Imho. You can look 100% like a woman but you project the wrong attitude and every eye in the mall will swing your way! Plus passing is so over rated! So make a pass through your crowded local mall and let us know how it went!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's pretty much impossible to tell how passable you are from those shots, and even with better shots, we can't tell how you move and your mannerisms, both of which are important for passing. But you do look cute, from what I can see.

Most CD's don't pass 100% for female, but in most places, we're tolerated when someone figures out we're male. Since your wife is going with and encouraging, I wouldn't worry, trust her judgement. She sees you up close and in person, that's way better for judging passibility than posting photos in a forum. Photos will get your ego stroked, but that's not necessarily a good thing if you're trying to get an honest appraisal of whether you can pass or not.

Edit: And like Karren said, attitude is really important, totally agree with that. Don't slink around, act as if you have every right to be doing what you're doing. If you act like you're ashamed , people will pick up on that and respond accordingly.

Have fun!
    Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 12-29-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member
    my rating doesn't mean a thing. Your wife sees you in 3D and real time from all perspectives. She's the only one able to judge this. If she's comfortable with how you look, then you can be too.

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    Well your wife knows you far better than we do, so I would trust her judgment.

That said, your photos look passable; Id say 3-4ish. I would be able to tell, but only because I have a good "transdar" and know what to look for, so thats why.

In the end, dont worry about. Go out and have fun with your wife. Go shopping and do other fun things with her en femme. That matters more than whether you pass or not.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Not here to rate people, just accept them and help them improve what they want to improve. Your pics are lovely. The point made here is your attitude and mannerisms will carry the day. Trust your wife, take a deep breath, check the makeup one last time, and then throw the door open. Once open, it will never close from what I have read here.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Sammy,
    The pics are cute, but they don't really show what you actually look like. My avatar pic is a good example of a good angle, and good lighting and a lucky snap of the webcam. That is actually me with no makeup but I am NOT that pretty in real life. Not even close and I've been on HRT for 16 months!

I'm sure they exist, but I have never seen a CD "pass" as a natal woman up close. There's Niya, but she is NOT a CD no matter what she says. ;-)

I have however seen many beautiful CD's pass AS women and blend in. Sure they get noticed but they're so relaxed and chatty that nobody cares. I am pleased at some of the honest responses on your thread. I think that the CD's should be supportive of each other, but true support requires honesty.

You DO take great pics though. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I've only been out to fetish parties dressed, but from my experience and other girls I've met at these events passing has a lot to do with attitude. Technically you probably won't pass on close inspection (not that you aren't pretty, you are) but if you carry yourself like a confident woman who belongs wherever it is you are then people just tend to accept what you're presenting.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Let's start with what everyone says so far, and then add that if passing is important to you, then your looks are a small fraction of what is needed. (btw, I do detect some beard shadow on that upper lip, so a bit more understanding of makeup could be needed).

Completing the picture of passing as a women requires voice, language use, facial expressions, body language, and the confidence that you are who you are. Your wife is your best resource in all of this, but she may be looking at you with rose-colored glasses somewhat. Ask her to be critical of you in all the areas I mentioned above, and spend a little time with your wife at the mall (in drab) critiquing other women.

On the other hand, if all you want to do is head out looking like a woman and don't care to be clocked...go for it. That's the other end of the confidence part.

It really comes down to what you want out of this!

Have fun and good luck!

tina

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I'm with Karren, passing is 95% attitude, you look good enough but do you have the rest??? No rating from me, you don't need it. Just go out and enjoy it, if I were your age and had your situation I would go full time enfemme because that is what would "rock my world" but I am not so my world rocks in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Your avatar and profile pictures look really good Sammy but you will have to let us see some better pictures to give you a true opinion.
    SUZY
    I agree with Suzy; it's kind of hard to tell based on the pictures you've displayed. But I have to say that your wife must be pretty incredible to have brought you so far this quickly. From what I see so far it's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    my rating doesn't mean a thing. Your wife sees you in 3D and real time from all perspectives. She's the only one able to judge this. If she's comfortable with how you look, then you can be too.
    I think Kim is right--if your wife is satisfied with your look, then go for it!
    Last edited by Dana7; 12-29-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Gold Member
    Sammy. I'm going to echo what everyone else has said....you look really great and will have no problems passing. Just remember to walk with confidence but don't oversell it, AND have fun!

Hi Sammy

It’s really hard to tell much from the photos and even harder to get a really good photo unless you are an advanced amateur or professional photographer, even a really good makeup job can look rather bad unless the photographer has a good grasp of lighting.

As far as being “passable” I’m not sure that many of us are ever completely passable, that is a difficult thing to pull off. At a recent monthly meeting a couple of girls showed up to hear a guest speaker and they looked terrific when they walked in. Great clothes, stiletto platform heels, great makeup, nice jewelry, great hair – I’m assuming very expensive wigs – but they didn’t fool anyone for very long. Their movements weren’t feminine and while the timber (pitch) of their voices was probably OK they didn’t talk like women. I’m just a bit older than many here, at 68, and I’ve thought for a long time that looks are often over empathized. Speaking correctly is difficult to learn and it isn’t so much the fact that your voice may be deep, many women have deep voices, but women speak differently, they have a different lilt to their voice.

Go sit at a mall and watch the women walk by. Most of the women around here (Southern California, San Diego) don’t dress all that well to go to the mall. I see a lot of sweats, jeans, shorts, baggy Tees, fleece, flip-flops and old athletic shoes, minimal makeup, and hard to believe how many are having a bad-hair day. Yet you instantly know they are women from the way they carry themselves, the way they walk, there is a certain poise about them that tells you they are women. Sit and watch, watch how women walk, how they sit and they stand back up, stand when they are talking to another woman, carry their purse, etc. Go out to the parking lot and watch how they get in and out of cars. If you plan to wear dresses or skirts, and many of us prefer dresses and skirts, take special note of how a woman gets in and out of a car when wearing a skirt.

It was pointed out to me that the Men’s Room is not a social place, men don’t talk to strangers in the men’s room very much, maybe a nod of the head, but women are quite social in the women’s room. Having used the women’s room on several occasions when I was out en femme I was somewhat surprised to find that statement true. Women smile and say Hi and may complement others, such as I really like that blouse to other women, and there are conversations going on between stalls.

Going out can be addicting. The first few times are rather scary, but it gets easier and it can be kind of exhilarating. You’ll learn that the world is different from a woman’s perspective and it will take some adapting on your part. As you become more comfortable en femme your confidence will go up and I suspect you’ll really enjoy being out and about as a woman. Another thing to consider is that you will have much better luck “passing” if you dress like the other women dress – don’t over dress, it attracts attention. The goal should be to blend in to the extent that nobody pays you much attention.
    Babs

If ever there was an example of looks being 5% and attitude being 95% as many of the ladies here have pointed out, then that would be Sarah Jessica Parker...

...'nuff said...

Follow your dream.
    Besides attitude and good genes, a good pair of jeans will help! Most CDs over dress and attract attention with very high heels and very short skirts. If you really want to pass then dressing modestly will help: ladies jeans, flats, sweater and limited make up.

Fact is that most of us (me included) have the dress sense of a teenage girl. But we don't have the body or looks of a teenage girl to pull it off.

Banned Read only
    My roommate could pass as a female IN STILL PHOTOS but it has taken us about 8 months
    to get him to understand how to walk, stand, posture, gesture like a female.

I could see he was doing things wrong and he did not know it, but I did not know how to
    explain "why" it was wrong because I did not myself know enough about the differences
    between male and female body mechanics.

Little things like even the way he smoked and drank from a bottle were dead-givaways but we did find
    a gulde online that connected the dots for both of us. I'll send it to the op if he PMs me an email address
    after VIDEOTAPING HIMSELF WALKING AND STANDING and takes a look at it himself to see if he passes'
    "for himself".

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    If ever there was an example of looks being 5% and attitude being 95% as many of the ladies here have pointed out, then that would be Sarah Jessica Parker...

...'nuff said...
    Well this month that wasn’t entirely true as she showed up for the Christmas Dinner in a very nice dress and she’d had her hair done, she was also wearing a bit more makeup, although not all that much, than what I have observed in the past. She looked really nice. I have a theory that Sara can go everywhere she does with such ease is because she dresses down rather than up – she doesn’t attract a lot of attention and therefore she gets only a cursory glance from most people. But it should be noted that her long hair is her own and she has been out enough so she feels comfortable, and I suspect that she doesn’t give a hoot about what others around her are thinking – she is confident being Sara.
    Babs