Thread: Probably a dumb question on buying things online...

Probably a dumb question on buying things online...

The problem is with the delivery and the fact that my SO does not know, but also opens anything that arrives regardless of the addressing. I hate being THAT deceitful, but a PO or UPS drop is not what I want to do. Any other options I haven't considered?

Thanks,

Diane

I always had things sent to the office. No one ever bothered then though the security guys x-ray everything. "Hey the engineer on 4 got new boobs". Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Tell your SO. It's the best thing you can ever do. No more fear,shame, hiding... Easily said, harder done but the best thing you will ever do.

Platinum Member
    you could get a po box or a UPS drop site..

I get everything delivered to my place of work, not because I'm hiding anything from anyone, its just better since there will always be someone around to take delivery of it and save me a second trip to a depot, so you could do that. Everything I've ordered which may be considered sensitie (forms for example) are normally sent very descretely packaged.
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Tell your SO. It's the best thing you can ever do. No more fear,shame, hiding... Easily said, harder done but the best thing you will ever do.
    There you go! The truth will set you free!!! Free of your wife... Family... Money.... House.... Job... The truth isn't for everyone!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Before i came out,i would get everything sent to my workplace.had no issues.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I would be terrified that something that I had sent to my place of business would be opened by mistake. I might be able to explain away clothing (it's my girlfriend's/it's for my daughter) but how would I explain breast forms?
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I've had a few packages ripped in shipping so I would be scared to have it delivered to work. I got a PO box at the post office closest to my work. If your mailbox has a key you could file hers until it doesn't work then don't get it fixed right away until after you shipment.

I got a mailbox at the local PO for this purpose, but over time certain stores have stopped shipping to PO boxes.

Considered shipping to work, but with ours being a small office any delivery would still naturally come up in conversation, esp with our secretary, as in, "so whatdja get?" I suppose I could say they are gifts for my wife, I've had that done before for real. I just worry the next time anyone sees her they would ask her how she liked her presents. A Bare Necessities box would definitely end up in the office gossip, even though they sell guy stuff too.

Actually I suppose what I really need, other than to come out to my wife, is a more discreet secretary!

Some companies have a policy that the shipping and receiving department is for business use only, and will open packages that appear to be personal to see if company policy is being violated.

"Tell your SO. It's the best thing you can ever do. No more fear,shame, hiding... Easily said, harder done but the best thing you will ever do."

I was going to say that, too, Jennifer ... but it DOES depend on the state of your relationship, of course!

Try the UPS Stores. I think that they let you open up a PO Box at their address for receiving mail and packages.

Get divorced, get a place of your own, problem solved.
    It worked for me but I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s not the answer your after.

SUZY

Just find your local kinco/FedEx store. FedEx has a delivery called "Hold for Pickup" You can be notified by email when the package arrives at the FedEx location. I thing UPS has the same thing at Staples.

Get your SO a job outside the house, quit or get laid off your job, now your home when the package arrives... hey it worked for me. Okay the not having a job kindof stinks but at least I get my own packages and no one is the wiser...

The other answer is to just go out and buy the stuff on your own en fem or malemode. I throw a buch of excuses up in my head so that I'm ready mentally if anyone cares to ask and then just go..

I'd also agree that the open and honest policy is great, as long as the SO doesn't drop the D word on your honesty part. But then you get to move out to a low rent apartment and who cares what comes to your new place...

Okay, the going out and buying on your own seems to be my best suggestion .....for now...

Renne.....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I do what Karren does! And, I'm NOT worried about anyone else opening my packages at home! It simply is EASIER to get things at work!

If I'm at work all day, the delivery guy will either leave the box on my porch or more likely, take it back and make me go get it! At work, if I'm not available there's ALWAYS someone there to accept it for me! And, they don't care what's in it!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-31-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

gotta agree with jennifer, I hated the idea of hiding so I told her about Jenny. Best decision ever made, even though she is not totally supportive, we got it out in the open and discussed. A woman's imagination and suspicion can be far more reaching then the truth.

I forgot about x-raying when i started flying for work again years ago... small commuter connection- got a first class upgrade from the counter agent, and a genuinely nice smile. I think i blushed clear down to my knees! I recovered in the first class cabin though!

This is a tough one. I feel for you in that you don't feel safe telling you SO. Smartest thing I ever did- before we married. That was years and years ago, and even though my SO is not _actively_ supportive, it's the best way to go I think.

But for your question: UPS store is good, there are also a number of private mail drops- they are generally listed and shipping centers in the yellow pages. You could contact a local chapter of a TG support group (Tri-ess, etc.), they might have more info, or... you could even join, and ask if a support group member would take in your packages.

Pay-Pal lets you select shipping addresses.

It's not much help, but for shoes: shop payless shoes on line and select "deliver to nearest store".
    Mary

The receiving department at my work opens everything so that is out. So I just have it delivered to home.
    The bigger question I have is if your wife does not know and she opens everything that comes to the house, how do you explain the credit card charge to Victoria Secret, or the Breast Form store?

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    "4 got new boobs".
    Really Karen "4" hmmmmmm???????? lol