Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: underdressing?

underdressing?

I don't understand underdressing. I find myself wearing panties almost all the time now, but I don't understand wearing a bra, garter, stockings, etc under male clothes. Is it just a fetish thing?

Probably as much a fetish thing as a male wearing panties, which tend not to be made for that purpose and can be very unsuitable indeed!
    Another view is that it depends on who is wearing them and why they made that choice. Sometimes these things can be fetishes and sometimes not. If you are convinced that you are a female in a male body then, although you are crossdressing, it is the male outer clothing that is "wrong". If you are a male that gets turned on by stockings then those alone can constitute a fetish, no matter what else is worn with them.

Nothing is straightforward, is it?
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Smith View Post
    Probably as much a fetish thing as a male wearing panties
    I find that hipster panties fit me much better than any male underwear. They also serve a practical purpose. But I get your general point.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I guess it also boils down to a consideration that in time, all things will mature. I am very new, and right now if I can have female clothing next to me I want it regardless of the outer shell. It is the inner me that matters, and in my mind I have female attire, just not the presentation. To take it further, I am not presenting with makeup and wigs yet, what use is it to wear dresses, heels, etc..

For you I can see why you have no need for under dressing, and good on ya mate, you do it fantastically. For me, right now, I take what I can get for my peace of mind..
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

The whole thing was certainly a fetish to begin with. But the more I explore, the more I realize I just like the way it all feels. But at least in my case I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body, I feel like there are two sides of myself. So maybe. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Smith View Post
    Nothing is straightforward, is it?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Steps View Post
    If I can have female clothing next to me I want it regardless of the outer shell. It is the inner me that matters, and in my mind I have female attire, just not the presentation. To take it further, I am not presenting with makeup and wigs yet, what use is it to wear dresses, heels, etc..
    Babes, you hit that well!

I remember seeing an interview with CDers on 60 Minutes in the 70's - I also remember having to obligingly say "God that's messed up!" etc. in front of my Dad, but secretly finding it totally compelling. Anyway, one girl said in reply to Morley Safer's Q as to whether it was a sexual turn on, "Yes at first it was, but eventually, once you let that pass and are still dressed, you really find just a niceness in being in women's clothes." I'm just now realizing that like 35 years later that about sums it up perfectly for me.
    Last edited by Kathleen; 12-30-2011 at 02:07 PM.

I have underdressed for a while but now I don't do it much anymore. I want to go out all the way not 1/2 way but thats all I was comfortable with at the time.

Basically Its trying to be prettier on the inside that you are on the outside!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I don't get underdressing while in male mode at all. The closest I've ever done it was to wear leggings under my jeans on a cold night since I ride a motorcycle. i wear the female undergarments when I'm presenting as female as part of the appearance, not for any sensation or fetish reasons. I require taping and compression of my bits to fit into panties (generally 2 pairs, hipsters usually.. thongs would be ridiculous), so that won't be something I wear normally and I wear a bra to hold fake boobs.

And if I don't understand underdressing, I really don't understand the people who do it and then complain about getting caught or wondering what people think.
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Basically Its trying to be prettier on the inside that you are on the outside!
    OMG, Karren you are always so pretty. Also, I know you wear corsets all the time...yet another practical application. I would consider doing that for waist training, but i makes me look weird in my suits.

Quote Originally Posted by miaTX86 View Post
    OMG, Karren you are always so pretty. Also, I know you wear corsets all the time...yet another practical application. I would consider doing that for waist training, but i makes me look weird in my suits.
    That's why I always wear a suit or sports coat and tie to work! Hides what ever I want to wear under it and I get plenty of compliments on how slim I look when I'll wearing a corset. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I wear panties under my male clothes 24/7 and a bra with forms when I'm home alone (which is 90% of the time). However there are many opportunities, (mostly in winter) to wear a bra and forms when I'm out and about. I wouldn't call it a fetish or a sexual turn on, it's just an absolute pleasure.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

My reason for underdressing is that that's all my present circumstances permit. (The idea of being homeless doesn't really appeal to me.) If I could go further, I certainly would. But anything I'm wearing is nice, so I accept the situation as it is--with the hope that soon things will improve for me.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I will quote someone else, " I just like the niceness of being in lingerie (aka women's clothes)". If what you wear under your male clothes makes you feel sexy, comfortable, and good about yourself, then why not. If the last sentence was not true, then I would have stopped doing it a long time ago. Women probably do it for the same reasons, and what makes them so special that they can do it and I can't. The beauty of CD'ing is that you can go the whole nine yards, or anywhere in between.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Join Date Nov 2010 Southern Michele's Avatar
    What is not to get? You are simply Underdressing Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    My reason for underdressing is that that's all my present circumstances permit. (The idea of being homeless doesn't really appeal to me.)
    This is it for me too, I underdress because it's what I can get away with in my world. If you are lucky enough to be accepted in your world dressed as a woman then that's good for you, but for some it's just not a practical option.

xx Becca xx

I'm wearing knickers almost all the time now. I do it because I like the feeling of the soft underwear and makes me feel better about myself. After my SO explained her feelings on cd'ing I had a purge of everything but my favourite knickers. It's wearing them that keeps the pink fog from coming down.
    Love many,
    Trust few,
    but always paddle,
    your own canoe xx

In the winter months when i get home from work panties and pantyhose are my every day wear. I have very little opportunity to dress because the kids are coming and going all the time and there may only be a hour or so when one comes and the other go,s, so when there is that break i take off my socks and still get a little fem feeling walking or relaxing like that. I love the feel of silky panties and pantyhose rubbing against my jeans and knowing that i am wearing some form of fem cloths. My wife loves the idea of knowing that i m wearing fem cloths under, almost like a secret between us and love that i take little chances. For myself underdressing is a big part of me and i believe that it is considered crossdressing, for this point in my life it's all i have and just like most of us iam always looking and trying for more.

Quote Originally Posted by miaTX86 View Post
    I don't understand underdressing. I find myself wearing panties almost all the time now, but I don't understand wearing a bra, garter, stockings, etc under male clothes. Is it just a fetish thing?
    I never go out dressed but under-dress all the time. Perhaps wearing panties was a fetish years ago but now I just feel better. I do not wear unnecessary things like a bra, but a camisole is appropriated for everyday wear. I guess I do it to feel sensual and not sexual. Putting on sensual things out of the shower is just natural for me.

I always have a set of panties on, but that is for two reasons really. One, I simply feel more comfortable wearing them. And two, it serves as a gentle remind of who I am all day. I feel like it effects my actions, I like it. :P

On that note though, it would be a lie to say I never wore a full set of lingerie under my clothes just cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I don't get underdressing while in male mode at all. The closest I've ever done it was to wear leggings under my jeans on a cold night since I ride a motorcycle. i wear the female undergarments when I'm presenting as female as part of the appearance, not for any sensation or fetish reasons. I require taping and compression of my bits to fit into panties (generally 2 pairs, hipsters usually.. thongs would be ridiculous), so that won't be something I wear normally and I wear a bra to hold fake boobs.

And if I don't understand underdressing, I really don't understand the people who do it and then complain about getting caught or wondering what people think.

That's pretty much me....I will wear leggings under my pants if it's particularly cold and I know I'll be outside for a while but, other than that, if I'm going to dress, I want to fully dress. When I do dress, it's "shapewear" and foundation type garments as opposed to panties...etc.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

I underdress simply because it makes me feel better. Even though I can't see my feminine things when I am out and about, Just feeling my girdle, feeling the tug of the garters on my nylon stockings, feeling my bra straps, touching my garter bumps through my slacks at every opportunity.... All of these things give me a very "comforting" feeling all day.

Im with Michelle on this. I underdress when I can because it makes me feel good. I dont get to do it very often but I try not to miss an oppertunity. Usually its just panties and hold ups.

I underdress daily...Pantyhose,girdle and bra. Sometimes I add a camisole. The bra and girdle always keep me in a feminine mindset. Its wonderful.

At my age there is no such thing as sexual arousal, I just love the feel of nylon undergarments against my skin. I only own two pairs of jockey short for when I have to go to see the doctor. As so many others have

said it just feels good when I slip on a pair of my favorite Vanity Fair panties in glorious pastel pink, blue or lavender.

Vieja